Silver

So Veeky Forums, is silver gonna continue going up?

Other urls found in this thread:

goldsilverworlds.com/price/silver-price-projections-for-2020/
zerohedge.com/news/2015-12-21/gold-silver-prices-will-surge-fundamentals-not-technical-analysis
goldsilverworlds.com/gold-silver-price-news/4-year-silver-cycle-suggests-silver-high-around-2016/
silvergoldbull.ca
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think it's going to drop for a little while now that it's had its run.

But it will go up by the end of the year since it's an election year and all.

Probably not, its hundred year average is somewhere around $16/oz or so IIRC so its most likely headed down.

Both fundamental and technical analysis says otherwise.

From a technical standpoint, the cycle says otherwise

From a fundamental standpoint, pretty much everything points to higher silver.

1) More demand
2) Election year
3) Continued debt
4) Less faith in the dollar
5) Feds at it again

I just want to know how long the dip will be so I can time my buy in.

I already know today was day 1.

You should invest in low volatile stocks

just bear through it, I'm gonna invest in GPL in the near future because I think we'll see a significant price increase in the next year.

If not, its bound to go up at some point.

source(s) plox. All I know is I bought a little recently based on that average and I'm ahead $2-4 per ounce on it. Waiting on it go down now, then back to the pawn shop.

Literally just search silver predictions on google.

goldsilverworlds.com/price/silver-price-projections-for-2020/
zerohedge.com/news/2015-12-21/gold-silver-prices-will-surge-fundamentals-not-technical-analysis
goldsilverworlds.com/gold-silver-price-news/4-year-silver-cycle-suggests-silver-high-around-2016/

Wow, some random hole in the wall websites with random people saying precious metals are going to skyrocket, humanity has never seen this before

>Probably not, its hundred year average is somewhere around $16/oz or so IIRC so its most likely headed down.
But the historical silver:gold ratio has also historically been 1:17 and it's now much higher, right? So are you saying gold is going to drastically fall in price?

You asked for sources for those ideas, I gave you them. If you don't believe in the chart or statistics given, look them up yourselves.

I believe so, even valuing inflation it should only be around $600-$800 tops per ounce. I basically decided then that gold wasnt a good investment for the time being, and silver was where its at. Now, gold is almost exactly where it was then, although it has gone up a hair, and silver is up by like ~20% lol.

The long and short of it, is there will always be retards on this board saying precious metals are a horrible idea financially (kek), people that say they're going to be at (insert some insane price here) within (a short amount of time) so you better buy now! And guys like me in between them.

I believe Gold is overinflated/overpriced without a doubt, but the thing is, that its been that way for quite some time. If you bought gold tonight, it could continue to climb and become EVEN MORE OVERPRICED, or it could drop to $500 an ounce and you'll be the laughing stock of everyone except the suicide hotline folks.

Silver is much more stable IMHO as long as you count on constant fluctuations and RARE short periods of skyrocketing value which never last. This IS normal with silver. Gold is just staying "up there" and not doing much for the time being.

So we all kind of know what will happen to the price of silver if Trump wins, and that is it will increase since even the normies will be running for the "safe havens", but what happens if Hillary wins?

It depends on the debates, either way. Next year silver goes up, regardless of who wins but definitely more if Trump does.

For silver not to increase in the next 2 years would honestly amaze me, it would be really strange.

Buy into SLW tomorrow or does it still have further down to go?

I wouldnt be surprised either, but I think it would be on the higher end of "normal" for silver. I'm not calling for $30 or $40 an ounce like some on the interwebs. We might hit $20 for a while but I think that would even be pushing it IMHO. Honestly no one knows, its purely speculation.

i'm hoping for this if it visits $15 again i will buy some more. because i only bought a 100 ounce so far.

It'll rebound and sky-rocket at some point is my prediction. I give no dollar-amount on the "skyrocket" claim.

thats what it always does, better be ready to SELL when it crosses $40 cuz its not staying there for long

>ratio is now close to 1:74
The ratio fluctuates in cycles, it will go back down to around 1:20 and ill swap all my silver for gold.

I'm not buying silver, I'm buying the primary silver mine GPL. It moves with silver but to a greater degree in terms of ratio (silver moves $4, GPL went 2.5x in price)

I'm a complete noob to buying precious metals. Should I buy silver now? Not trying to make money out of it but not looking to lose any either. I was thinking of getting 1ozĂ—25 coin bullion. Also I'm from Canada so silver is around $22.34.

25 is better than none, Im canadian and bought from here:
silvergoldbull.ca

Honestly with your mentality, you can't go wrong with silver. If you want long-term profits, even if silver doesnt go up in the next 2 years which would amaze me. It will 100% eventually will like it ALWAYS does.

I'd let it drop some first. I'm short silver in the short term (next month or two) but long in the longer term since it's an election year.

We're heading towards a massive deflationary spiral, by 2018 silver will probably be around $5/oz.

Mining companies cant make profit of such a number, absolute BS.

>not knowing how deflation works
kek

Silver was under $1.50/oz 50 years ago. It isn't that the silver was necessarily worth less than than it is now, just that the dollar was worth more. Same reason you could buy a brand new Z28 Camaro for $2,726 in 1969 -- that same $2,726 would be worth $17,687.95 in 2016 dollars.

That Camaro isn't a fucking precious metal. 50 years ago and I'm not even gonna bite this bait. Fuck you and your logic.

$24 or above is the stable price for silver as it would make mining profitable for most mines.

does this sentence even make sense? what 100 y avg has to do with current usd/oz?

I hope you're just a desperate bagholder trying to shill silver, because if that post is indicative of your broader understanding of economics, then your life is going to be a hard one.

For those out there who can breath through their nose, I would like to apologize for my part in eliciting this horrendous affront to our sentience.

SOUPERKEK
Please keep trying harder.
>Inb4 "shitposting"

As an act of charity, I'll try and simplify the situation.

Imagine it's 1966 and silver is $1.30 per ounce, but what else was priced differently?

>1 ounce of gold: $35.40
>5 gallons of gasoline: $1.50
>a dozen large eggs: $0.45
>a first-class stamp: $0.05
>a new home: $23,300
>a box of cheerios: $0.28
>porterhouse steak: $1.19/lb

Fast forward to 2016 (that's the current year),

>1 ounce of gold: $1,272.52
>5 gallons of gasoline: $11
>a dozen large eggs: $4.99
>a first-class stamp: $0.47
>a new home: ~$300,000
>a box of cheerios: $4.49
>porterhouse steak: $13.50/lb

Notice how the prices have increased? That's called inflation, and for the most part, it comes about due to an increase in the money supply (the number of dollars in existence). Sometimes, the exact opposite trend happens, and we call that "deflation". Deflation happens when the supply of dollars shrinks relative to the demand for dollars, as happened during the great depression.

An inevitability of our current financial situation, is the deleveraging of massive amounts of debt. This is due to a number of factors, chiefly among them are demographic changes making it impossible to service debt from previous years. When that ball starts rolling, as much as $1.2 quadrillion will vanish from global balance sheets in a cascade of defaults.

Suddenly, silver is $3/oz again, and so is your hourly pay.

Congratulations, you now know more about economics than Bernie Sanders.

>35 / 5 / 14 / 4

But wouldnt this counteract the point about the value of silver? Its worth just as much as before, except the dollar is now more valuable, so it takes less dollars to buy an ounce?

>affront to our sentience
please do this more

as an aside would you ever tattoo your lips?

I hope not, I forgot to buy when it was like 13 bucks.

so there was about 1000% inflation but gold and cheerios did exceptionally well.

The central banks start printing like crazy and governments decide to service debt straight through the printing press. This keeps on for a decade or two or three and silver is at 150$. Both directions are possible.

> china purchase shit-ton of gold
> china currency is gold backed
> china doesn't accept xfer USD
> india purchasing gold
> jp morgan purchasing a shit-ton of silver
> goldman sachs purchasing a shit-ton of silver
> other banks hording silver

I mean come on. Either they're trying to corner the market or they're getting ready for a financial collapse.

In 1966 the bretton woods system still pegged dollars to gold. That has to change some of your thinking when looking at gold related inflation.

I bought an ounce when it was $17 a few years ago.

When it came, I immediately realized the new meme. I've had that stupid round in my safe ever since.

I should have gotten a bj from a toothless hooker instead.

sounds like you just suck at buying silver desu

With the amount most dealers charge as a premium over spot price I don't see any point in buying physical silver unless it's at a significant low.

Exactly, DON'T BUY SILVER

Invest in PRIMARY SILVER mining companies like GPL, especially low-priced ones (5 or less $)

low priced are low priced for a reason if they fold in silver goes up your stocks go to hell.

What the hell are you even saying? Spell properly.

low priced are low priced for a reason
if they fold in silver goes up
your stocks go to hell.

Wut?