I don't really frequent /fa too often so I'm not in the loop but some of these clothes cost more than kidneys how do...

I don't really frequent /fa too often so I'm not in the loop but some of these clothes cost more than kidneys how do you guys (especially those of you who're students) make the money to have wardbrobes full of $100+ peices? do a lot of you guys resell or something?

Many of them have rich parents.

You buy what you can afford, simple as that.

I know I cant afford high-end designer but I still can appreciate it.

Yeah. Just copped some Common Projects that I wouldn't have been able to buy with money from my side job alone.

I know it sounds meaningless coming from me, but buy what you can afford.

based off what I've read on Veeky Forums these last couple of years, people get either clothes or money from:

$ $ $

- rich parents
- working
- thrifting/buying 2nd hand online
- shoplifting
- flipping (buying and re-selling clothes for profit)
- selling fakes
- selling drugs
- being camwhores or actual whores
- having sugar-daddys

$ $ $

I'm a student and I haven't had a job in a year. I afford this because my grandfather loved doing stock trades as a hobby and I kinda got into it too. Just coasting financially now but I might need a job again. Already have sights on the next s stock to get

$ look so much better than €

lol that's because its real money, not that shitty worthless crap euroshits use

good goy

My parents give me good €€€ every month because I'm a good boy

I've built up a collection over time and I don't buy that many expensive clothes, maybe one item over $100 every three months.

my mom pays for my school and i make $900 every 2 weeks from my job, so i just save and spend some

I'm a student, I can't find time to work in parallel of my studies and my parents don't give me money to buy clothes unless it's for absolute necessities. I still put together outfits that would cost $1000+ in retail price on a daily basis

I simply work for 1 or 2 monthes every summer and keep $1000 or so for my purchases of the year. I only buy when pieces get ridiculously cheap in sale (never for less than -50%), I am always looking for private sales, and I lurk on Grailed once in a while. I also am fortunate enough to live right near a luxury clothing outlet, where they sell designers I like for bargain prices (I've seen a LUC sweater there for less than $80, I can't even understand how they make profits out of some of the pieces they sell)

When I have spent all my summer money, I simply put on Grailed the pieces I don't wear anymore. Since I buy them for low prices, I often even manage to earn some money in the process. I've sold some pieces for more than twice what I had paid to get them. All the Grailed profit goes on a separate paypal account which is dedicated to buying clothes. This way I make sure that I don't over spend : I will only buy something new if I've sold enough shit to afford it

All in all it's mostly a question of patience. Once you've got a wardrobe solid enough, you can perfectly wait and not buy anything new for monthes until you run into a great occasion

Pretty much living the hustle. Do whatever it takes I guess.

But really, to get cheap clothes the 3 best ways are :

Physical outlets / secondhand stores / thrift shops : whatever your style is, you can always find something in one of these

Special events (a brand that goes into liquidation or throws sample/private sales, etc). For those you need to get involved, follow brands on social media, stay in touch with people who are in, etc. You might get only one or two special events in a whole year, but it's usually where you'll find the best bargains. I try to always keep a few spare hundreds for those

Internet outlets / secondhand e-shops / Grailed ebay etc

1. parent money
2. spend literally all of their disposable income on clothing

when you talk to retards on Veeky Forums, keep in mind that they slave away 40 hours a week at a minimum wage job in order to buy a jacket with their whole paycheck. It's a mental illness.

Meanwhile somebody who shops at H&M looks just as nice, if not better, and can actually afford to do things with their life.

I flip clothes to buy clothes

sugar daddies galz represent!

tell me one good resson why you lurk Veeky Forums

$100 isn't a lot of money

It's actually easier if you are a student and have a job because you can spend all the money you earn on things like fashion, so it becomes quite affordable.

you should feel ashamed, whore

Made $600 in a day yesterday selling fakes. Don't even feel guilty selling supreme to the dumbasses on grailed

does it really works tho ? I mean, the buyer can still start a dispute on paypal when he receives the item, being refund and still keep the item if it's fake right ? and he still has your identity infos

that's the only reason why I only do this in real life and not with online payments

stock suggestions?

cam whoring and art but i have few high fashion pieces i blow most of it on my stupid friends and hobbies i have no interest in o and fast fashion shit

Personally I chose to commute to uni, staying at home and not having to pay rent saved me a ton.
I also have my student loan (Britfag) which is basically like spending money after expenses. I know it's not smart and it's more debt but I also know this is potentially the last time that I'll have this much freedom.
It's not all wasted on Rick though, travelling too, eating good, living good.

If you're not being paid to fuck in your 20s then you're doing it wrong.