Trumponomics

Everybody say after me: hy-per-in-fla-tion

Other urls found in this thread:

politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/jul/09/ben-ferguson/donald-trumps-campaign-contributions-democrats-and/
youtube.com/watch?v=9I0NbF34cd8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Americans don't believe in inflation so there is no inflation, the federal reserve printed 4 trillion and inflation only rose I believe 0.07%

During the "great recession" the federal government increased currency production to offset the rapid deflation of the us dollar. Since it was done in moderation, and with the promise that our economy would eventually rebound, nothing really happened to the dollar's value.

So long as you don't go full retard and print money like Zimbabwe or post WW1 Germany, increased currency production Can and Has helped struggling economies

Impossible, no one lefts president alone, he have shitload of advisors, they won't let that happen. If Trump will win (which is not likely) he will become more rational and restrained.

Don't also forget that Trump is a pragmatic businessman, not a politician.

Well technically he is right. It is a very keynesian thing to say however.

I don't think you're supposed to be saying that in public.

I wonder what other presidents have used inflation driven stimulus

hmmm

When will you /pol/ idiots realize that you got played by a guy with tons of money who only a few years ago was the bluest of Democrats? He's another candidate by the oligarchs, for the oligarchs.

He is right though.

I always knew that. That's why I voted for him.

I thought the Federal Reserve had little to do with the whims of the government. Can they actually force them to print money?

Yes

This is probably a dumb question but what if the US government simply prints money in secret? Is there someone out there estimating the total number of bills in circulation at all times in order to measure inflation?

Inflation doesn't happen as long as you hand "stimulus" to the wealthy, because the wealthy don't reinvest their money back into the economy. But then it's just a really big handout. The Fed printed almost five trillion dollars to boost the value of the stock market through QE and nothing happened with inflation.

It's what they've been doing

Isn't this also the reason for the stock market bubble right now? Feds just keep pumping money into the market

If we print money why do we pay interest on it? :^)

Just because he's aware that it can be done, doesn't mean he intends to do it.

>Bluest of democrats

Please elaborate, Bern victim.

He's actually right. Because of the unique position the US dollar is in, as the world's standard currency, we can print as much of it as we want to pay off our debt. The problems would start occuring for us when the rest of the world adopts a new currency. Who knows when/if that will ever happen though. The US acts like it's in a debt crisis, when in reality, most of the debt we have is domestic debt, not debt to other countries. We're fine.

However, Obama has been printing US dollars like a madman since the housing collapse, and the rate he's printing money is only on the rise, so the effects are yet to be seen.

It's also easier to print off money than to raise and lower taxes

Hmm can anybody think of any other president thats used inflation based stimulus before? Gee, it's so hard to think of one xD

>this is the type of shit that encourages leftist to roleplay as economosts on forums

>wealthy dont re invest into economy
This user gets it *shops at wallmart/ace* *raises minimum wage*

Bernie 2016!

looks like you've been BTFO once again, lefty/pol/!

the US debt is in dollars
you can print dollars to cover debts in your own currency

>People think Trump saying a factual statement = Trump will print all the money in the world to pay off debts

The media knows that the public does not care for nuance or critical thinking. They can turn simple statements into "controversies" simply because of poorly-reasoned deductions on behalf of uneducated Americans.

OH MY GOD! TRUMP GAVE HILLARY MONEY! I bet he NEVER gave republicans money too.

Oh wait, he has given money to Republicans. In fact, he's given almost twice as much money to Republicans than he has to democrats. So what part of Trump giving Clinton money shows that he's the bluest of blues?

Pic related is how much he has given over the years

Source: politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/jul/09/ben-ferguson/donald-trumps-campaign-contributions-democrats-and/

You should like that source, it's the bluest of blues

>that sudden flip
I guess he decided to run Republican in 2012.

>So long as you don't go full retard and print money like Zimbabwe or post WW1 Germany, increased currency production Can and Has helped struggling economies
rothschild pls go

Metaphor maybe?

Not true. It means that he will donate to people without regard to their political affiliation.

I'm about to take on student debt to get a degree with good career prospects. Is there any reason for me to not want inflation to increase in the near future, since it will make the debt effectively less significant when I graduate?

Nah inflation will general help people that owe a debt and hurt those loaning it

Just make sure your salary gradually increases as well and doesn't stay the same or you're losing to inflation as well

29 replies and no one actually listened to the actual "interview"? it was 100% tongue-in-cheek.

youtube.com/watch?v=9I0NbF34cd8

he advocates buying back debt at cheap rates now because itnerest rates will likely increase sometime soon. it was a dark joke, he basically said "we could do it the right way or we could just continue printing money"

Absolutely. Anyone who has more debt than savings should want high inflation. You just dont want hyperinflation because that is full on crisis territory.

Muh disproven theory of inflation

This. Headlines are the only news most people bother to read.

You realize inflation is relative to the rest of the world... right?

Except post-2012 when he only gave to Republicans, m8. Do you not know how to read simple charts?

Interest rates in the USA would NOT have to go up much in order to buy back the debts, would they?? (Aus shite poster here)
I have no strong opinions either way but am curious to see what happens next.

Every president since FDR

What really gets me is republicunts saying the gov should be run like a business, but then say we should pay back 1% loans.

If any business had access to $4,000,000,000,000 at 1% interest rate they would borrow it in an instant. LMAO if you think any business is going to start buying back debt with 1% interest rate.

Literally everything Trump says is meaningless horseshit with no application to reality. Where is the US getting the money to buy back debt? How is Trump going to turn a surplus? There are fuck ton of things that would need to happen. There is literally zero point in wasting time talking about buying back debt before hes answered this question.

How does one BUY BACK DEBT exactly??

Does this mean a government buys their own bonds back instead of issuing new ones?

>Obama has been printing US dollars like a madman since the housing collapse, and the rate he's printing money is only on the rise

>implying Obama has any control over the money supply

You fucking moron do you even have any idea of how the fed operates?

yes, but in order to do that you need to actually have money and not spend it on infrastructure, schools, healthcare, etc. If investing a $1 leads to more than $1.01 in return than according to republicans the gov should pile on the debt. But republicans are hypocrites, hey don't really believe the gov should be run like a business its just a line they use to pander to idiots.

The deficit always balloons under republicans due to needless tax cuts and government expansion despite all their claims about small government. Trumps been saying he'll massively slash top tax brackets, corporate taxes, start various trade wars, engage in needless military campaigns on the other side of the world, etc. Trump would run a massive deficit. Its hilarious he even spends one seconds talking about buying back debt. I wouldn't trust a single word Trump or any other republican claims they'll do when they're in office.

Gold interest