Beanie thread? Thinking of copping this one, thoughts?

Beanie thread? Thinking of copping this one, thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

global.rakuten.com/corp/worldwide/europe.html
global.rakuten.com/en/store/renovatio/item/cap-003/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i prefer beanies without visible labels.

i prefer everything without visible labels.

Beanies without labels (at least beanies in the style OP is looking at) look a little strange to me desu

the new a cold wall ones are really nice

you can always sew a patch on if you think it needs a focal point. or sew your name on it. there's no need to advertise where you got such a basic item of clothing. being so comfortable being a billboard should feel strange to you.

where can i buy japanese clothing (i'm located in europe btw)

Where can I buy a beanie in this colour?

If its a good piece of clothing and the logo looks nice then i don't really mind being a "billboard" for it really.

is that red

yeah

You could always try Rakuten
global.rakuten.com/corp/worldwide/europe.html

that looks really nice, i like the logo
w2c?

If you're going to be a billboard, they should pay you for the advertising.

And im purchasing the product because i like it, why should i mind "advertising" a company that made a good product?

You shouldn't mind, as long as you're getting paid the going rate for what they pay for from other people.

Not OP, but its a Japanese company so you should probably check out a global market.
Here is one i found it in, im not sure if anyone knows a better place.
Its also sold out, sadly, which sucks since I wanted one too.

global.rakuten.com/en/store/renovatio/item/cap-003/

Why the fuck would I get paid for wearing something i think looks nice? Should i ask someone for 5 bucks when they ask where i got it from and I tell them? That's just retarded.

"Retarded" is working for somebody for free. It happens in politics, when it's a cause you really believe in that has no financial backers, but a cap designer is not doing any good deeds for humanity. He's just making money, nothing else. He pays graphic designers, models, magazines, web sites, etc. to advertise his crap. Why shouldn't you get paid to do so?

Because i bought it because I like how it looks with the logo, the logos part of the design, and I obviously don't mind showing people a company that makes good products.

> the logos part of the design

Agree to a certain point, but the wearer is getting paid in a different way: he/she is gaining association with the brand, which may yield self-confidence, a feeling of social inclusion, membership to a certain segment of society, affiliation with a subculture, "coolness," exclusivity/superiority, etc.

OP's Duck Dude beanie is a billboard for a company, but it also tells everyone "I'm an individual, I don't just buy whatever's at the mall, I don't take myself too seriously, ha ha, look at this duck" It also tells some people he's impractical and trying way too hard to get attention.

Unbranded items could just as well be generic, and generic items have the stigma of being for people who can't afford name brands, and for being totally uncool.

So yeah, it's a form of exploitation, but most people would rather be exploited and cool than pure and not.

(I could argue both sides of this, honestly.)