How can I become popular on youtube?

How can I become popular on youtube?

The Aristocrats live stream daily

Do what others do but better

Be a girl playing battlefield and cod.

>make something that you'd actually want to watch
>make sure it doesn't take too much effort because you want to be able to crank out videos
>start cranking those fuckers out on a VERY consistent basis (every friday for example)
>shill your videos on relevant places like leddit
>have patience, never think of youtube as a get rich quick scheme

1. Be a girl. If you are not a girl, start taking hormones immediately and plan your MtoF transition (keep your dick, though, for extra fans).
2. Go to /co/ and /tv/. Take notes on interests and opinions. Study enough so that you don't just give the appearance of parroting their opinions (although that's exactly what you're going to be doing).
3. Wear a loose shirt (but not too loose) without a bra. Give a few "almost" shots for the first few videos and a "I think I saw something" shot.
4. Shoot a video with an actual "accidental" nipple shot. That will pull in the stragglers.
5. Profit (assuming that you signed up for a paid account before step 1).

Record Killing yourself

SEO

People go on YouTube for a relationship, find something interesting that is not a niche market. Have a personality.

this, or find a personality that people like and mimic it.

>keep your dick, though, for extra fans
kek

u cant be popular unless u make good content that people really enjoy

>u cant be popular unless u make g̶o̶o̶d̶ content that people really enjoy
ftfy senpai

Pick an audience. I assume that you're in your early twenties because you linked FF.

You're gonna need to anticipate what youtube is going to want. For example, the young internet is on a "savage" "roasting" drama binge right now. Soon enough (imo), young people will want sincere content that's not just talking shit about other people.

Pick a genre that's short in supply (not let's plays)

Pick a genre that consists of your own content (not reaction videos)

Pick a genre that you can do better than anybody else (for example, you are more personable, knowledgeable, have more resources than the current big channels in the genre)

Now, three approaches for the style of your video

1. Viral approach (attempt to make a viral video, just because it's especially interesting)
2. Unique approach (attempt to make something people want to share just because it's truly unique... this is important with comedy)
3. Clickbait approach (attempt to make something that is jarring based on the title of the video itself)

Obviously make sure that your channel ticks all of the boxes for youtube """quality""": you have a channel banner, each video has a captivating thumbnail, maybe do an intro video for your channel home page

>>> marketing

Example 1

>Genre: TCG, Pokemon
>Audience: Kids, young adults
>Approach: Viral
>Marketing: Pay for views

Here you could buy an expensive booster box and open all of the packs on camera. You could also destroy it.

Example 2

>Genre: Food reviews
>Audience: All ages
>Approach: Unique
>Marketing: Organic

I'm just spitballing here, but you could make a food review that's not just you sitting in the car eating a burger, but one that takes place in the restaurant, is cinematic, and involves you interviewing the manager and possibly going back into the kitchen to see how the food is made.

Example 3

>Genre: Music production
>Audience: Technical / all ages
>Approach: Clickbait
>Marketing: Shilled

Make quality videos reviewing and demonstrating the latest audio/MIDI plug-ins. Your videos could be distinguished by the fact that they aren't shit like most of them out there and the fact that they have a clickbaity title, e.g. "XFER SERUM: THE ONLY SYNTH YOU'LL EVER NEED?!". You could then shill these videos on audio production/engineering forums like gearslutz, whatever subreddits, etc.

I want to mention because this is Veeky Forums that you really should do some budgeting and cost/benefit analysis. If you want to make high quality content (4K resolution, being filmed by a knowledgeable camera person, etc.) then you need to factor in the fact that the camera/hardware/lighting will cost a fair bit of money, you will probably need to pay your operator, and all of that. If you are making videos solely for money-- not as a passion project or hobby-- then you need to take into consideration what said about low effort, high volume.

I think that a successful youtube channel does need a mixture of great personality, production value, and high volume (not just a video with a million views, I'm talking about a channel that boasts consistent viewership and growth). So keep in mind that a successful channel will be at least a part-time if not a full-time job.

You seem to be knowledgeable in business/marketing and the music production world.

I'm an aspiring electronic music producer myself. Do you have any way of making even a little money with my skills (on top of the obvious ones such as selling records and djing in venues)?

Thank you in advance.

The best advice I can give is to make a lot of friends in your local music scene. Have some content ready to show them: your own songs, songs you've made beats on, songs you've mixed, etc... chances are, you can get some money for mixing other people's stuff. It's the type of thing that bands save up for.

Also, since musicians and bands are usually in an excited rush to get a record finished and released, there is a lot of demand for producers and engineers who aren't flaky and who will work quickly. This will be easy if you have a little bit of interpersonal skill AND provided that you are actually good at audio stuff. It will be double easy to get clients once you have your name on some popular releases in the local scene.

If you know music theory, you can sell MIDI loops. If you know synthesis, you can sell presets for popular plug-ins. You can sell samples. But the most reliable one, I think, is to make friends you can trust who have money and want your services.

master the art of meta-trolling

One other thing: if you really want to get ahead with your sound, get your hands on the Waves plug-ins suite ***by any means necessary***.

Yeah, these are very good ideas, and not to disrespect you, as I'm very grateful for your response, but after spending years reading about music production, I've probably read this stuff tens of times.

I was asking more for some insight similar to what you gave for youtube. Something I can plan a strategy on.
Also, how did you come up with that post ()? What can we do to learn to analyze the situation and find solutions like that?

Yeah, I've been using the mercury bundle for years. It's very good indeed.
I got it with a nice discount by using the coupon "demonoid", I think it still works and it reduces the price by 100%.

OK, yeah, that response was a shot in the dark as I wasn't sure how much experience you've got. It sounds like you've been going at this for a while.

Since you're here, I'll just ask you a few questions.

1. are you attempting to "make it" as an electronic music producer, like be the next household name? or are you just trying to utilize your production skill for a little money on the side?
2. what is this success going to be predicated upon? original songs? remixes? production or engineering work on other people's projects? making educational videos? selling resources?
3. do you want your personality to be a part of all this, or just the music/content itself?

I could give you some ideas for viable youtube shticks revolving around your production skill.

>Also, how did you come up with that post? What can we do to learn to analyze the situation and find solutions like that?

I came up with that post just based off of observation. There is really only one way to find out whether a strategy will work in my opinion, which is to execute that strategy and see how it is received by the public. The observation process for you should consist of looking at what other music producers are doing and what audiences seem to like. Then, you can ask what is wrong with the content that the audiences like? How can it be better?

Example: FrankJavCee, youtube comedian/music producer

pros
>capitalizes upon popular fads in internet music
>parodies these fads for entertainment
>teaches how the parody can be done
>has a unique enough personality to be able to do entertaining blogs and random videos

cons
>ironic, apathetic sensibilities limits the audience
>focuses too much on indie revenue from bandcamp

Solution: a youtube production tutorial channel that's light-hearted yet very informative; one that focuses on an air of professionalism that will catch the interest of sponsors and advertisers.

Hopefully this post contains something helpful to you. I'll keep this tab open

>1.
Realistically I don't see the prospect of becoming a household name a possibility, but I do my best and I'll see where I'll end up.
Life circumstances and big mistakes made me completely fucked in life, so this music production thing is my plan A. My realistic long term plan is to earn a living doing something related to production (like being a local producer here in Italy, teaching, and stuff like that).
I'm currently poor as fuck though, so even a little money could be a big deal to me.

>2.
I work to hone my skills as much as possible. If I can "make it" with my originals/remixes, then I'll just ride that wave and save money for when it ends. If not, then I'll do something like in the above paragraph. Currently planning on selling a "complete course" on music production when I reach the necessary skill level and market it everywhere to make some money I can invest later.

>3.
I thought a lot about this, and honestly, the advantage of a good image/gimmick is too good to ignore.
Too bad I'm ugly and a bit aspie.
I was thinking about a mask (something simple like Danger or The Bloody Beetroots) to solve this problem. Also it has the advantage of keeping my personal life separate, which is a big plus for me.

>[the rest]
That's interesting... I never thought about being a YT celebrity, since the music production scene isn't big as the gaming scene for example, and I'm not sure if there's a big enough target audience to even make it worthwile, but now that you made me think of it, I could make funny videos of some kind, and use the popularity to make money in semi-unconventional ways, like for example shilling a digital product, or directing the channel's popularity towards some of my other works.
Do you think that would work in this scene?
Also, I know very little about video production, so this youtube thing would require a few months to even get on a decent quality level.
(cont.)

>Hopefully this post contains something helpful to you. I'll keep this tab open
It does. Thank you so much for your time and effort. I appreciate it.

Hey super knowledgeable youtube guy, I'm in university and I have a fair amount of knowledge in exercise and nutrition and biology.
I also like to give advice to new college students who are lost on their path, (I started a blog on this, haven't published anything yet, but I have a few drafts ready).

I've been told i have a charismatic and eccentric personality and I can get easy laughs, but I feel like that's only when I'm comfortable talking to someone.

Any tips?

Do some pranks in an inner-city neighborhood, predominately made up of lower class African-Americans. In other words, fuck around with niggers in da hood.

I think that you could do videos from an earnest perspective of somebody who is *currently a student*. That is, don't pretend that you are a medical professional or sage nutritionist. You could make videos about nutrition stuff like veganism or coeliac whatever and do screen captures with voiceovers. Maybe 70% of the video is screen captures from your research and images, 30% of it is you talking to the camera. Obviously topics could extend to fad diets like intermittent fasting and even workout techniques like Crossfit.

Example: marinashutup, feminist undergrad youtuber

pros
>opinionated in such a way that it appeals to both SJW undergrads and "socially conscious" teenagers
>fairly charismatic host who makes appeals to her everyday life
>topics chosen are gripping to people browsing on youtube, very much clickbaity

cons
>format much too stereotypical youtuber: ranting in front of a camera with lots of cuts
>too juvenile to have appeal beyond those who are exactly like her, or to reach an older demographic
>complacent with quality of content
>not consistent enough in releases to warrant the patreon. from her patreon, I quote, "Vlogging is a big priority for me, but with school and life stuff, I don't always feel justified spending more time on it than I already do. However, if it were a source of income, I would be able to prioritize it more."

As far as the whole "only charismatic when comfortable" thing, all I can really say is that you will have to be able to make yourself confident enough to talk in front of a camera and be an entertainer. That's up to you.

People love sins and hope. Be a dick or lie to them. You give "homeless" man a lot of money, oh man you are great. 100,000 plus views. You pull an extremely dickish prank, another 100k.
Oh and despite what those moral fucks say, drama gets views. Ask h3h3, that fuck supposedly takes the high ground more than a few times but oh whats this? He uploads a video of it and that gets more views than his older videos, so he uploads more and people praise the ever living fuck out of him and he gets a lot of views multiple times all for "calling someone out". Smart guy, dumb people.

I'll keep it simple. Everyone who's really big on Youtube has a manager, they work with a youtube production company sort of deal. You need to grow your subscriber base to a reasonable amount before managers gain interest. Or just pay to play. People like MattyBRaps and Rebecca Black are 100% manufactured.. their rich parents pay a company to make them a catchy song, shoot videos, do some "viral marketing", all of that.

0. Marketing. Marketing sells shit.
1. Frequency (daily/weekly)
2. Talk TO the viewers
3. Be interesting
4. Multi-channel - Youtube, younow, instagram, twitter (all with the same username)
5. Pay to play and view it as an investment (all companies/brands rely on advertising and marketing to get big)

And as you blow up, you do sponsored posts, sponsored videos, maybe review products your viewers might like. Needs to look natural.

Thanks for the input, you gave me some good ideas. I could criticize fad diets. "10 things WRONG with the atkins diet".

I'll do some brain storming

How is intermittent fasting a fad diet. The entire diet is literally just skipping breakfast