STRAIT EDGE IS Veeky Forums

being straight edge will never be Veeky Forums its possible to use drugs without abusing drugs. unless youre gonna live in some weird little straight edge commune youre just gonna make it awkward for the people around you when you decline a drink or smoke.

not OP (I think being outspoken about not doing drugs is tacky af) but if you don't know how to be like "no thanks" without making it weird, you're probably gonna be awkward to hang around anyway

Using drugs but not abusing them isn't Veeky Forums, though. That's well-adjusted normie with middling IQ level shit.

Abusing drugs is what is Veeky Forums. Chain-smoking, binge-drinking, smack-shooting etc.

I know straightedge people who would be considered (((fa))). The big thing is that you don't become a huge douche about your choices, or draw attention to them. and don't be awkward about people using stuff

Straight edge is /gay/

>make it awkward for the people around you when you decline a drink or smoke

How's life in the Autistocracy?

binge drinking isnt Veeky Forums at all. you ever see a person piss drunk?

i take it youve never had friendships predicated on substance abuse?

it's kind of Veeky Forums as a phenomenon and in theory but the actual aesthetics of the real life movement are dogshit

identifying yourself as part of a subgroup or ideology such as being "punk", "goth", "atheist", "straight edge" etc. will never be "Veeky Forums". see "individualism".

Q: does being straight edge preclude promiscuous sex?

Yeah

>youre just gonna make it awkward for the people around you when you decline a drink or smoke.

i stopped smoking weed for pre-employment purposes and i have been declining bong/pipe/joint/wax pen hits over and over. no one cares, even in fucking California, the epicenter of weed

more for those who want it

>California, the epicenter of weed
looks like you already had too much

I think he's referring to how straight edge people often make a big deal about not drinking or smoking rather than just saying "no thank you I don't like to"

i don't follow

the weed here is awesome and we have dispensaries in every non-cuck city, usually with a huge selection of flower, concentrate, and edibles of all sorts

it's a good place to be a stoner

there's a difference between declining politely and trying to guilt people because they like to get high

i used to do lots of PnP and even tweakers will be cool if you've had enough or want to be sober

there are different kinds of "straight-edgers"
1: no thank you (i dont smoke/drink/etc.) (essentially nonexistant because these people don't identify themselves as straight edge, just as non-smokers or similar)
2: no i am straight edge
3: wtf? that is so unhealthy. you are a victim of the society and capitalism. i am straight edge, very punk, i am superior because i can resist those things, bla bla bla

I only have experience with the third

yes, the third kind is 90% of people who are "straight edge". you could think there is a silent majority but there isn't.

This

I'm not saying to make strait edge your lone identity or only personality trait. But this whole "binge drinking/addiction is Veeky Forums" said no one ever with real experience

lol this

nobody said addiction to anything is "Veeky Forums". what people mean when they say "heroin chic" or smoking regarding thinspo or anything like that is Veeky Forums is not the addiction or drug abuse itself, but the overall aesthetic of which this drug is only a part. also abstinence isn't Veeky Forums either, it's the opposite when you do it for any purpose other than original thoughts and values.

God no. Drugs are for normies.