Slashing the Hours in half

>get well-paying office job
>it's full time and I have no free time

This is no fun, I kinda manage the stuff I have to do, but it's still wearing me out psychologically. Am I supposed to have only around 4 hours of wake free time left?

I want to ask my boss, if he can half my hours or I walk, basically. I could live off part time. What's your view on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9y8Akej4PrU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Full time 8-5? Welcome to the next 40 years of your life, yes you only get 4 hours a day plus weekends. Wagecuck life is the best huh

>What's your view on this?

Stop being a little bitch and learn the value of hard work. God must be a Bernie supporter, or at the very least a democrat

damn, i should really get off Veeky Forums and work on getting a good future

yeah, should have stayed NEET. The first 4 hours are usually ok and stuff, I wouldn't mind doing 5 hours a day for some company, including time to get there etc.

I find that people at work are either deadbeat or frustrated, it is rather sad and I can see why that is.

god you*

better being a whiny bitch than considering suicide after a year of full time.

>considering suicide because you work full-time

being a whiny bitch doesnt even begin to describe what you are. you must be an early 20-something man child. Welcome to real world kiddo.

There's a lot of people considering suicide because they cant get full-time work.You're a fucking commie

Spot the wagekek

Welcome to the real, shitty life OP.

Why would your manager let you do that? How would he benefit from that?

well, the real world is not for me then. I didn't think full time would be that damaging.

>You're a fucking commie
at least i am not on welfare.

I would pretty much overplay my hand, but at least I know now that I want a part time job. So I can always just look for a part time job elsewhere, I got my current job within 2 months, maybe I was lucky, but searching again beats this sad feeling.

I did get the job in the first place, so maybe I can pull something .

>he thinks work is damaging

top kek

>at least i am not on welfare.

Living off mommy and daddy is the same thing

i did work before, just never full time. I used to do a trainee program thing for 3 years, but that was more relaxed.

A short job, which was 35 hours was manageable as well.

So you are saying, that I should work "hard" even if I feel sad inside?

>Children complaining about working 8 hours, on a set schedule, in an office.
>I work a minimum of 10, on call, and outdoors.
No wonder most people my age are poor and entitled shits. They don't want to work.

Capitalism relies on the idea that "hard work" is inherently virtuous, whilst the people ultimately reaping the benefits of that work aren't working hard at all and, most likely, haven't at all.

The British royal family are a great example of this. The current young prince's achieved grades that would be shameful at most state schools.

That said, it is what it is. If you can live comfortable whilst working less, then go ahead, but you probably can't.

>suddenly Adderall addiction just to cope
>reviews ok, hardworking
>but socialize with your coworkers more, user
>need to work on your soft skills user

so, how do you get into free time with your current situation?

I did get a job above minimum wage and I dont live in a place with high rents, maybe I should have though about it earlier before applying to full time jobs.

By being an adult and using the little time off I have wisely. The only thing that is difficult for me is planning out events and get togethers.

I have either one or two days off each week. One week I'll have tuesday and wednesday off, and the next just tuesday.

Dude you have an office job. You only work for half the hours of the day. Use the rest to do things you enjoy or chores that would need to get done.

I always pick up groceries on my work hours.

no offence, but that's not much time to live. Except you like what you do of course.

Plenty of time to live. You're probably just living your life the wrong way.

how cruel

I'm just telling you how I see it, man.

Most people that "need" all this free time don't know how much free time there is when you work a 9-5 and off on weekends and holidays. I'd be tempted to grab another job if that's what I worked.

You get used to it after a while.
And eventually you get a sense of achievement and wellbeing through work.
You can't be s NEET or student forever, time to man up.

I thought Veeky Forums would be smart enough to count paid vacation/time off in their calculations of how much their office job costs them in free time.

>eventually you get a sense of achievement and wellbeing through work.
Cool! When does that happen?

>You can't be a NEET or student forever
That's no reason to lie to yourself.

When you learn self motivation and stop being a loser.

Easily done after you stop being breastfed by mummykins.

I've been working for years and I'm convinced I'm the smartest and most competent person in the company. It's not much of an achievement when I'm the only competent person in the company, also the only one who isn't a social case (and since I used to be a NEET dropout living with my parents collecting autismbucks, that's saying something.)

So yeah, I don't feel any sort of achievement or wellbeing at work. I have nothing but contempt for me and everyone around me.

40 hours a week still leaves you the weekend and 8 hours per weekday of leisure time.

I hope you get fired OP
its the only way you will learn that you aren't special

don't sweat it, it wasn't a personal attack. I just found it perhaps precise enough for it to be harsh. I kind of enjoy a lazy lifestyle though. Time seems to become more valuable nowadays.

>You can't be s NEET or student forever, time to man up.
I can try, part time is my dream

not quite: 8 hours work + 1 hour breaks (maybe less) + 1 hour of getting there and back + 7 to 8 hours sleep. That leaves maybe 6 or 5 hours a day and then there are still groceries and other stuff.

I am interesting and somewhat charming, I am not worried.

>Am I supposed to have only around 4 hours of wake free time left?

gongrats, you are now a wagecuck. it's the worst way to waste your whole damn life, still most of people do exactly the same.

you will have to develop self employment or some enjoyable job at some point, otherwise you will have miserable life like 95% of wagecucks

>in your 20s/30s
>wageslaving away

The only reason to work for someone is to learn the industry. If you say otherwise, you've made some shitty financial/life decisions.

youtube.com/watch?v=9y8Akej4PrU

Only if it's shitbpay. If you make good money, you save it and buy a house. Wanna rent and barely get by? enjoy working for life.

This guy is a fucking moron.

yes and a failure with only $500M

>self employment or some enjoyable job
How are both of those any different from being a wagecuck? Its not a wagecuck if you enjoy it or can work your own hours? You still have to work to make money. You still are a slave to work, either way. "Wagecuck" is a meme. The only people who arent wagecucks are those who are lucky enough to be born into wealth or worked hard or smart enough/got lucky enough to retire on passive income. Obviously anyone would just want to not work. I doubt any wagecuck is going to say "No! I dont want that easy money or early retirement!". Its just that "easy money" is a unicorn and usually those that chase it end up poorer than if they just worked hard and invested that earned money.

He's a lunatic. Yelling at nobody, using the wrong words, trying to quantify every human social interaction.

I've never seen a man get so upset with the idea of having chit chat with the cashier.

Sleep less nigga

>yfw this generation will be lazy

lazy?
I mean why work if that's all you do?
You'd never have time to spend the money you earn

You feel this way because you have no purpose. You are fat. Not muscle .Not brains. Not nerves. A few people like you but no one needs you.

You're an idiot. Feast or famine, strike while the iron is hot etc

Rightest answer posted

start something you love doing

> The 40 hour work week

fuckkkkk that shit.

I own a business and work about 30hrs a week, any more would be gay as fuck.

I'd just ask the boss man if you can go part time, and earn proportionally less. No big deal Ricky.

> 8 hours

holy shit is this nigga serious. More like 2 hours.

> the commute
> eating
> chores
> any incidental needs that pop up

Trading cryptos does not a business make.

I can grow my own food and hunts/fish, I'll never have to worry about "feast or famine"

Agreed.

What were you planning on doing instead?
>shitpost on a cantonese finger painting collage

This.
I also hope Op gets raped. Take him/her down a peg or two. lol

How much do you sleep? In Japan we slee 4-6 hours we have plenty of time to do things.

I guess it depends how physically demanding your job is

Realistically full time you can't ask for any less unless you want to work 5 days a week for the 40 hours a week. Another alternative is 10 hours for 4 days a week, just so you have three days off instead of two.
The minimum that is allowed a week is 35 hours, but most people won't offer that and just go 36-38 hours. If you are required to work weekends than six days for six hours is as low as you can go.

Have fun spearing carp with broomstick you dumb dick smegma gargler (no offense)

lol im just saying if the world went to shit, all you corporate fucks would be useless and probably starve/die like the rest of the cityits

Become self-employed if you want to set your own hours. You'll still need to work hard, but you can take days off if you want to, just know that you need to keep working to survive. You don't have as much security, but if you value freedom over security, then it's much better.

Also,

>all these wagekeks saying "toughen up" to keep working a shitty job

Self-employed people >>>>> wagekeks every time.

Pic related. Working people have this dead look in their eyes that scares me, it's basically zombies working to their death for a small amount of enjoyment just before they die.

i dont get it
>40 hr office job
>average maybe couple hours of real work a day
>unbelievably draining
>collapse into bed after coming home

wtf is this
i literally spend most of my time dicking around on my phone

Protip: self employed people = working people

Chiming in as someone who recently negotiated to a part time schedule from full time. I was working full time after school for 4 years to get a professional license. I got the license and told my boss I wanted part time. We are paid in commission only but since switching I've made the same or slightly less than before. Before, after 2pm nothing g would get done and my presence in the office let me get a bunch of extra bs tasks sent to me. All those gone now that p/t.

don't listen to the wagekuks op

you'll never feel fulfilled slaving for someone else

I'd kill for a fucking 9-5 with weekends off. Fuck NEET life that shit is for faggots who can't get pussy

I was the same on days when I had very little to do: laying around the office, even napping and I felt dead tired after heading home, zero energy to do anything.

But on days I actually had to do shit, even better if I had to run around the city for stuff, I could go for an allnighter after work or blaze through my household chores no prob

I need Internet at my house so I can telework from home and fap while Im supposed to be working.

I have a pleasant job with pretty much nothing to do except browse Veeky Forums, still get home around 5 dead tired with no energy. Even a comfy office job leads to bad things.

So even if you work hard and work yourself, you'll be motivated and full of life because its your choice, and your work is tied to your life. At any old job, you know someone else can just do the same thing you're doing, you're interchangeable.

>tfw work 28 hours a week in a well paying office job
>still think that's too much
>my buddies get paid less per hour and work full time
>feel miserable

B-but I'm winning. Right guys?

Yup, This is it dude. Youll get used to it though. I know in accounting out of busy season when im only working 8 hours a day, I feel like I have so much free time.

Just do what you can do at work if youre job allows it and use 2 hours of it for fitness and the remaining 2 for chores.

Whats annoying for me is that I finally was getting used to wageslave life then I got laid off after busy season and now Im back to being NEET and Its going to be painful again going back to doing stuff all day.

>has a job
>bernirecuck
Nah

You sound like the type of person who thinks they're balling off $70k/year

So I went to my department manager today and said I don't think I will be able to work full time for a long period. So now he will forward it to the Boss.

If I get to talk with my Boss tomorrow I am going to ask for part time or concede on the pay for the few days I have been there and quit. It's not like they are bad people and I don't offer them full time, as they have expected.

i rather do that than work.

7 to 8 hours, even if I were to sleep for 4 hours only, I can't justify having to deal with job stuff for 10 hours a day.

all i do is do stuff online anyway, so sounds fine to me.

25 hours is my hard limit i think, that would be 5 hours per day, so 6 hours with getting there and back. I would even have 200 bucks left if I work 20 hours. Let's see what tomorrow will bring.

Would you say experience is a large factor that allows for negotiations from full to part? How possible would it be for a new graduate to ask for 36-38 hours?

Since when can you just walk away from your job?

Is there other options than a full time wagecuck job?

Is being a server or a bartender a wageslave job?

It's one step above retail keks.

OP I think you have many options

>move closer to work, so you get more free time per day
>live like a hermit and save money, invest to get an alternative income, then consider part time

Don't tell your boss about you wanting part time!

Just grow a pair of balls, learn the trade and get by for a coupke of years and then go self employed. That won't work if you're lazy as fuck tho

>How possible would it be for a new graduate to ask for 36-38 hours?
Pretty unlikely, unless you work in software and are a superstar.

People getting pissed at OP are people who hate their jobs or don't get paid enough. I work 25 hours a week and I pay all my bills just fine in addition to putting money into savings.

Work smart, not hard.

>Living off mommy and daddy is the same thing
No. It's not.

You could argue that a part time worker will be more efficient at his job because of the extra rest and has more time to learn useful skills/information that can help the company.

You can also say that you are willing to work full time if a project requires it or to fill in for someone else on holidays.

Tfw doing exactly that while planning/making my own business.

tfw If I am successful enough to have employees I will employ wageslaves so they are slaves to their paychecks like herion addicts.

Very unlikely, it was only possible for me because of our commission pay and I am indespensible. If it's a salaried position or for a larger co. They would've specified part time when hiring. They're gonna let you go guaranteed, but stick to your principles they're are too many wage keys and even p/t I am looking to transition to small biz ownership

Wagecuck implies you have to kiss up to your boss

They make alot more money though. Retail and fastfoodkeks dont make shit