Paypal hate thread?

Paypal hate thread?

I used to run an eBay store when I was a senior in high school in the early 2000's (when eBay was more individual-based than company based) and I just can't believe how shit it's become. Its rules and policies are fucking ridiculous to kiss buyers' asses but it allows so many scams to go through. I sell posters and prints and after dealing with one shit SNAD situation, customer support just goes "you should expect these things to happen. This is the cost of running a business." And you can't even leave negative feedback on the buyers anymore! With all these fees on top of that I just wonder how I can keep going on with this. How can they get away with this?

There was an online game I played called "tibia" some mmorpg and they dont allow you to transfer bought currency into the game for 6 months because of all the paypal/cc scamming

>kiss buyers' asses
This is the main reason they are still the top payment processor in the world. Sellers are easily replaced but buyers are not. Paypal is huuuge on consumer protection which allows the highest number of people to feel comfortable using them to buy products. I don't see Paypal ever getting knocked off as top dog as long as they keep their policies aligned in favor of buyers. If they ever begin to side with merchants, they are going to lose most of their userbase.

Don't have any stories.

I'm not a retard who uses Paypal as a merchant, that's fucking dumb.

Use EMT, bitcoin, skrill, payza, fucking anything. And it's *WAY* better, lower fees, instant, non-reversible(almost).

>This is the main reason they are still the top payment processor in the world

This.
That's why it is used, because people *KNOW* that they're safe using it.

This. Walmart is another company where you see this in play. They have extreme requirements for which products they allow on their shelves because they need to ensure best prices and customer satisfaction at all times. Because of this, suppliers get hammered by slotting fees, return policies, production requirements, etc. Walmart is brutal with ensuring strict compliance to environmental standards, child labor laws, anti-corruption and showing diversity in product placement. If you, as a supplier, fuck up on production, you eat the cost. If you fuck up on forecasting your sales, they move your product to a bottom shelf. If you fuck up in general, they pull your product. They can do this and not bat an eye because they only care about the bottom line and sales numbers. Suppliers can be replaced.

PayPal is the fucking antichrist. A large part of my monthly income goes through their gates, and of course they take their cut.

I don't think they will be an issue for MUCH longer though (give them 4-8 years) because magic internet money and shit like openbazaar will knock it out of the park. Atleast as far as niche products and specialized services are concerned. Large production companies will probably transition into btc at a slower pace.

Learn how to protect yourself.
Tracking, verified buyers, no unpaid items, no foreign buyers.
You will always get returned items which costs you time and money but that's retail for you.

Having a fight with them now.

I moved money into my bank account to pay for an order. They seemed to take both charges (order and shipping). Then, out of the blue, they reject the first charge, claiming my bank account is closed. But they paid the merchant anyway and now I have a negative balance.

So I drag my feet a little, because a great way to get unhidden on eBay is to owe eBay money. Today I go to reconnect my definitely not closed bank account and all I get is "unspecified error." Their website is such shit and they do all they can to hide any CS contact info.

>no foreign buyers
hey fuck you.
I have over 100 buyments and all of them perfect

Send those fucks right back at PayPal who charges another 1% on foreign accounts.

Paypal is fake and gay, but the problem is that buyers seem to not want to use other alternatives.
I've found it helps if you offer a discount of 5-10% for people who want to pay using bitcoin, checks, or money orders.

oh, pardon. I thought it was about them being scammers or something.
I come from a shithole and people oftne mistrust me because of that on eBay, evn though i've never done anything shite

This. If you want people to willingly give away all of their consumer protections you have to offer them a pretty sizeable bribe.

Btw, kinda related question.
I live in a far away country from USA. I use middle-companies from transportation from eBay (They provide you their address where you send the item)

So, I got a non-working shitty item.
I messaged the seller. He said he's only refund 10$ (out of 150)
i opened dispute
it demanded me to send back the item
sending it back costs me like 50$

seller basically won against me

what should I have done?
I only wanted like 50% refund, seller basically knw it was faulty

You can get suspended for requesting unauthorized forms of payment through eBay though. I'm just surprised of how its, er, "evolved" since my time. It's still a super popular platform but I might just have to run my own sight and learn to market it at people.

I remember selling and buying via money orders in 1995

I've sold an antique camera for $120. I've bought for that piece of shit for $30. Paypal holds funds for 30 days them eBay tries to charge me for selling things. My account can't actually sell bit now that I know eBay lies about being free, I won't ever go back.

Are there any alternatives to ebay besides amazon/etsy?

Openbazaar released a series of plans recently which included expanding into mobile and allowing your store to exist without having a computer dedicated to it. Shit's gonna be tight.

Not sizeables ones that I know of. Open Bazaar will be great once it's developed to the point where a mouth breather could utilize it.

I think PayPal will die out if they're not to move along with BTC.

As the next generation will be more accustom to BTC rather than bank accounts and PayPal.

We'll be seeing a huge shift in the coming years as USD keeps becoming inflated and BTC becomes more known.

>I think PayPal will die out if they're not to move along with BTC.

Well let's see...
>Paypal
>consumer protection
>sides with buyer
>dispute resolution
>ability to do chargeback in case of scam/fraud

>bitcoin
>no consumer protection
>more advantages for merchants than buyers
>no ability to use creditcard for cash rewards
>no ability to do chargeback in case of scam/fraud

Do I use the payment processor that favors the buyer or the one that overly favors the merchant... tough choice!

Naw dude, I think Paypal will be juuuust fine.

> being this narrow minded

Ya PayPal is a middle man sweety.

I'm sure that's not hard to create for BTC.

Thank you for calling Coinbase. How can I fuckin' assist you?
Ya nigga I got like this new dragon dildo from cbay and it broke.
Well sorry to hear that sir, let me just refund you real quick.
Thanks bitch.
Np. Thx. Bi.

omg did... did we create a bank? Hurrr durrr durrr

Ha, I remember Tibia

>best prices and customer satisfaction at all times.
But not quality of products. This is the reason Rubbermaid went out of business. The brand name was bought and is now slapped on the cheapest pieces of shit containers.

>sweety
Aww thats cute. Except that coinbase isnt going to refund you if someone scams your ass. They just exchange bitcoins to fiat, nothing else.

> still being this narrow minded

Help us all. I bet your ass studies for a fuckin' hearing test.

Like holy shit.

I get what you meant, it was just retarded as fuck. Your solution to how paypal is a much more used payment processor than bitcoin is some hypothetical situation that you made up where "lets just create paypal for bitcoin then! Its just a 3rd party hurr hurr". How the fuck would it be better than Paypal? You would have to charge the same amount of fees as Paypal because then you would need to fund a dispute resolution process (on top of the fees already needed to buy bitcoin). You end up going through a million loops just so you can use your new age cool NEET funbux. Have fun with that, faggot.

> How the fuck would it be better than PayPal?

How the fuck would it not? You're not only doing what PayPal does, but you're accepting BTC. Your fees would actually be lower than PayPal's when accepting BTC. Look at Coinbase, their fees are 1% compared to PayPal's 3%. That's why merchants will give you a discount when using BTC, cause' it doesn't have as many 3rd parties.

> going through a million loops

Really? Cause' BTC is non-refundable. I don't see how there are any loopholes. With PayPal, if you loose a case - you're able to get the actual bank involved. With BTC, it's you and two other parties and not three. You're the ultimate decider on which way the money flows.

> new age cool NEET funbux

Ye that's what they said about BTC in 09 kiddo.

Look into PayIvy faggot that sold for 240k.

Ya, that's some real funbux right there.

Hurrr durrr durrr

Gois my tulip will surly not be replaced.

> using 1600s logic

>Your fees would actually be lower than PayPal's when accepting BTC.
Fuck no. Paypal charges the fees they do because they have a huge department for dispute resolution to ensure consumer protection. The reason that coinbase fees are 1% is that they dont really do shit. They just exchange BTC for money.

>BTC is non-refundable
Thats a major flaw and the main reason why Paypal wont touch it.

>With PayPal, if you loose a case - you're able to get the actual bank involved
Exactly. Thats a lot of protection for buyers. If paypal fucks you then you can still do a chargeback through the bank. If you get fucked by bitcoin? Get bent. There is no way to get the scammer to release your funds back to you.

Theres a reason why Paypal is still king and bitcoin is stagnating. Your average consumer just does not want to use bitcuck.

Do you understand the purpose of a middle man?

Your funds aren't released from the middle man until it's proven to be handled by both parties.

Doing it that way would allow for more honesty and quality.

Did you get the item?
Yes.
Is it to your specifications?
Yes.
Funds released to the seller.

Did you get the item?
No.
Alright, time to do investigation.

I mean it's the simple.

Oh now that you put it that waaaay... I totes see why a 3rd party using bitcuck would be way awesome and better than paypal!

Pffffffft.
If I buy shit through paypal it cant be any more straight forward. I send the money, seller IMMEDIATELY gets the money. You know why they can do that??? Oh yea, a little thing called chargebacks. They assume that the seller was being upfront and honest until they know otherwise. This makes it so the seller doesnt have to wait a fucking week for the buyer to get the product and verify it until they see their money. Guess what? If the seller was trying to fraud the buyer? Then they figure out if they need to return the money or not. Its a pretty damn efficient process if you ask me.

So you are telling me that MAYBE ONE DAY bitcoin will have something ALMOST as good as Paypal of their own??? Fucking neat !!!

>be seller
>sell phone
>buyer says phone is fake
>ebay refunds buyer
>buyer kept phone and money

im saving money to get a lawyer and sue the shit out of ebay for accessory to theft

Ever since a few months ago you can request a return and you don't have to refund until you receive it. Just videotape yourself opening the return.

Agreed,paypal has made controversial things, but it is incredible that replaced the "art trades" with "paid art trades".
Is Unacceptable

"unknown service error"

Great, WTF do you curry niggers expect me to do about it? You fucked up disconnecting my bank account in the first place and won't accept another.

>buyments