Trianon anniversary

Was it too much?

No. The mistake was not doing the same with Germany.

yeah Germany didn't lose any territory at all after WWI

Are you implying any of those released territories were Hungarian?

Yeah, but that's what you get for losing a war.

There were far more Hungarians living there then in the "Hungary" that remained

Coincidentally they were a minority everywhere but in Hungary. And no, no there weren't you lying sack of shit

There was an area in the Romanian part which was mostly Hungarian, but even then.

It's not about how much they lose, it's about what they keep. They kept too much.

No, it was too little. Huns belong in Asia.

>loss of territory due to versailles causes mass resentment and expansionist sentiments
>in hindsight, we should have taken more land from them

>germany proves to be able to ignore the punishment and be a threat for Europe again
>in hindsight, we should have taken less land from them

It was justice well served, Satan. Sorry that your favorite country got BTFO.

Transylvania had a vast Romanian majority. "Areas" dont mean shit in this context.

Besides, the way Romanians were treated under Hungarian rule would be enough to justify this act.

tru, I'm just thinking of some province or something that still speaks Hungarian.

>there was an area

It still is. It's also locked in the middle of the country, 300 km from the Hungarian border and piss poor.

Szekelyfold you fucking mong. And they barely speak Hungarian, their language is antiquated and strange.

Chill senpai

Let the Central-SE European butthurt flow.
Also, number of the beast thread, nice.

Dumb frogposter

No.

I saw Hungary at the Grand Trianon Palace in Versailles yesterday, I told him how cool it was to meet him, because he was next on my list, but didn't want to be a douche and tell him the news yet or anything.

He said "Oh, like you're doing now?"

I was taken aback, all I could say was "WAS? ZUM KONZENTRATIONSLAGER", but he kept cutting me off and going "TRIANON? TRIANON? TRIANON?" and closing his hand shut in front my face. I walked away and continued preparing my Zyklon B and I heard him raging as I walked away. When I came to see how the treaty was going I saw him trying to walk with 7 pieces of stolen clay (one even bigger than his own righteous clay) in his hands without paying.

France at the palace was very nice about it and professional and was like "Sir, you need to give that clay back to their righteous owners". At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear but eventually (forced) turned back around and gave them up.

When the French took each of the lands started checking their population census realizing that Hungarians were indeed not majority in those lands, he stopped her and told to check again each of them individually "to prevent any shilling" and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After France scanned each piece of clay and wrote them down in the treaty and started to say the unfortunate (for Hungary of course) news, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly and screaming "CIGANY, CIGANY, CIGANY, NEVER FORGET NEVER FORGET"

look atIt wasn't along the ethnic lines. Thats why it wasn't a justifiable, in Romania along in those red places next to the border (NOT including Koloszvar and Szekelyland), there were 600 thousand hungarians, cut of for no real reason.

The other offensive part is Slovakia, where the population was close to 900 thousand, not including germans, who also rebelled against the new country (rebellion in "Bratislava" for example).

Or in Serbia, that hungarian block, which was close to 500 thousand. Not to mention the Germans there, living right next to the hungarians, who probably wanted to stay in Hungary then in Yugoslavia where their land was taken away.

The number of the cut-off hungarians was around 3 million.

Countless big, historic cities were cut off which where right next to the border, Arad, Kassa, Szabadka, Nagyvárad, Pozsony, Munkács, all majorly Hungarian, and surrended by hungarians.

>And they barely speak Hungarian

Then why am I able to understand any Szekely just fine? Piece of shit liar.

Here, the red border I made is UNDENIABLY fair, if this was the border today, there would be much less hate.

The yellow border is the only one I'm not sure of, I think it would be a fair corridor, just like Germany with East-Prussia, but I can see why it wouldn't work.

>there would be much less hate.
>implying there is any tangible amount of actual hate today
grow up

No, Magyar shitbloods can eat shit.

Although Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia disintegrating was a mistake.

Of course, it certainly doesn't belong to serb or romanian subhuman immigrants that flooded those lands like cockroaches.

Looks retarded senpai, and how's that fair to the non hungies in those areas.

>the non hungies in those areas.

barely any there, the red lined border is all hungarian majority, or hungarian-german majority

The only questionable is the corridor, but thats still more hungarians than romanians.

>look retarded

Not an argument, and the red-lined border looks totally okay in my opinion

you have to keep in mind that if we follow that red border, thats close to 2 million hungarian saved, along with countless historic cities and areas

I'm not asking for the total revision of Great-Hungary, but in 1920, if we got this border, today we would have a different history.

Yes. Like Germany, a few key and extremely small reductions in the terms would have un-legitimized revanche political policies in an increased national atmosphere.

You retards always forget rail lines and mountains often count for more than language in the integrity of the modern state. Yes, all that solid red next to Hungary is deplorable. No, not all of it was unavoidable, especially since it was technically a belligerent.

>No, not all of it was unavoidable, especially since it was technically a belligerent.
>Wilson in the 14 points: All nationalities have the right to self determination :DDDDD
>lets apply this principle inconsistently so our enemies suffer XDD, but let's make sure germany gets a great majority of germans!
>hungary...where's that? I can't be bothered to look where it is, clemencau and loyd george, you can cut it up to your liking ;)
>ughh, you don't get to bring korean nationalists against japanese rule into the meeting, it'd be awkward lol.
>I'll protect Armenia, I swear! [fingers crossed behind back]
>No Fiume for you italy rofl, did you win any battle of isonzo?
>But really though you can have all of southern Turkey...if you can take it from the Turkish nationalists...

Yeah, history isn't in the headlines there memerson. Look up the Council of Ten and go from there. Borders were drawn by committee, committees largely unattended by the central powers that heard numerous sob stories from the leaders of un-stated nationalities about defense against the established powers in the area. Loyd George was a surprisingly adroit voice against punitive land-grabbing and Clemenceau was at the whim of the Paris mobs--and being French, generally unprincipled.
Read a book and stop making this board shittier than it needs to be.

Yes i was meming but I don't see how your statement that the central powers were absent from Versailles has to do with anything. Lloyd George also had his own agenda too I.e. keeping Germany together as a bulwark against Russia and as a counterweight to french ambitions. And anyway I was talking from the perspective of Wilson and his promise to implement the 14 points and usher in an era of peace after the 'war to end all wars'

So clemencau was adroit in his own way because dismember Germany and shunting reparations would have ended the Germans a threat to french or European security. Iirc clemencai had a big hand in the central Europe settlement and I think he handled that poorly

those who did it will be glassed first by our ayy lmao brethren when they arrive

loving the subhuman butthurt though, we aint going anywhere

>Hungarians deliberately hamstring habsburg military
>refuse to be prepared for war
>expect Austria to shoulder that burden
>Bitch when losing doesn't go like you hoped.

LEL

Trianon was harsh but we managed to stand up and rebuild the country. The 40 years of communism however fucked up this country permanently.

Yes, and the siege of Budapest. Seriously, fuck any neo-nazi scum who thinks Szallasi did anything for this country, the neighbors took our territories, the russians started to rape and genocide, and Szallasi was the last nail in the coffin, with his nazi dicksucking destroyed the most beautiful capital city in Eastern Europe which was equal to Vienna.

Then communist came and put commie blocks everywhere.

Poke the bear, and you will get mauled.
Carve him up, and he becomes harmless.
Proverbially of course. I don't condone animal cruelty.
Germany should have been divided into several countries. Not as messy as the old duchies, but it had potential to be balkanized. But in retrospect it wouldn't be called balkanization then, would it?

I don't know much about the German states, did this have any potential besides Bavaria and Prussia?

And wouldn't Bavaria want to join Austria (as in 1866 they were on that side)?

>Although Czechoslovakia (...) disintegrating was a mistake.
No it wasn't

The majority of people didn't even want it to disintegrate.

It was such a literally what moment of history.

>Bavaria want to join Austria
Maybe, but the non unification clause would be much easier to enforce on the two of them, rather than the whole of Germany.
I think the setup in the pic would have worked fine (more so in the east, i'm not sure about Hesse).
Poland would still probably get what it got, so the map wouldn't be as precise, but Prussia would be hampered from rising again.

Later down the line with Eastern European countries not being stuck between a rock and a hard place the USSR wouldn't be able to spread it's influence as much.

Slovak here, FREEDOM , becuase of Trianon we can now manage our own affairs, we can also be more closer to our cultural kin (Poles and Czech) rather than alien speaking Magyars.

It wasnt all bad for Hungary, you got
>freedom from AH empire
>a pure state free of Romanians (what you call Gypsies), Slovaks and other nationalities you couldnt live with any longer
>A rival in Romania (not having a rival would be boring)
>Avoiding Yugoslavian style break up
>More multiculturism instead of Hungarian monoculture in the region (so many countries muh diversity)
>Plus I think I remember reading somewhere that Hungarian in Slovakia are richer than in Hungarian proper (pic related)
>An end to backwards monarchy

Remember to keep Paprika to yourselves

Yay Trianon

TL:DR: no it wasnt that bad ;)

>Give Prussia its absolutely rightful Holstein region and the pointless Mecklenburg.
>Saxony given northern Sudetenland, Czechs keep the rest in the interest of state integrity.
>"Swabia" created with the easternmost parts of Elsass, Wurtemburg and Baden
>No international zones or occupations
>Slender Westprussen stays German and part of Prussian state.
Germany wouldn't have bothered nobody, at least not in the way of the NAZIs.

>Half of those things
>Good

Slovaks are eastern germanics

That would be the Czech Bohemians who have dreams of being German, us Slovaks are happy just being Slavs, although I think genetically there cant be that much difference

Feels good to see all these buttblasted HUNGOLIANS
Go back to Asia you fuckers