What's Veeky Forums opinion on the Baha'i religion?

what's Veeky Forums opinion on the Baha'i religion?

all i know is that all baha'is i've ever met were

1. really well-off
2. really polite

so i guess maybe they're the mormons of iran

The second most common religion (next to Christians) in the US state of South Carolina.

Artificial religion like Sikhism and Mormonism.

Sounds like meme islam. I like that this guys mention mormonism since it's basically an example of meme christianity.

There is no prophet after the seal of Apostles. They are in grave error.

الله رازك المصلاوي

>Sikhism

How are we more artificial than any other religion like Islam or Christianity from an unbiased secular perspective?

Is this punjabi? It looks and sounds totally like persian. And I'm not saying it (just) for the shahansha thing.

Basically this, I used to roll with the Bahais until I read Muhammad's last sermon, asked the obvious question and couldn't get a serious answer. Bahais are a strange hodge-podge of different religious ideas and western Bahais and eastern Bahais are about as different as Muslims and Christians.

It's Persian. It's an excerpt from a letter written to a Mughal king authored by Guru Gobind Singh.

Oh, I see it way more clearly in this second fragment. I guess my persian knowledge is just not pretty good.

>Religion

>all religions are the same
No buddy.

>no religion

sounds like it is just Islam's prophet system extended to non-Abrahamic religions.

it's basically deism, but instead of the deity being known through the natural world their version of god is somehow known through indirect messengers preaching tenants of other religions.

>he's been sipping the literal interpretation kool-aid

>Bahá'í teachings only permit sexual relationships between a married husband (male) and wife (female).

>islam

Bahá'í claims strict, unitarian monotheism that is incompatible with the religious symbols it adorns the outside of its places of worship with, some being polytheistic, others dualistic, others trinitarian monotheistic, others even atheistic.

Bahá'u'lláh had three wives but Bahá'í forbids polygamy.

Bahá'u'lláh claims to be the solution to all eschatologies of all manner of religions at the same time, i.e. 2nd coming of Christ, etc.

Bahá'í claims unity of religion but it forbids monasticism, ascetism, ritualism, clergy (yes), confession, pulpits, alcohol, head shaving, begging.

It also forbids personal interpretation, as only texts written by Bahá'u'lláh, as well as further interpretations by `Abdu'l-Bahá, and Shoghi Effendi, heads of the religion after Bahá'u'lláh's death, as well as legislation by the Universal House of Justice, are allowed.

Again, if people think a pope and a bunch of bishops determining what is good or what bad isn't a positive thing, there you will see that there isn't even a clergy, it is a form of hereditary oligarchy over all theology.

Bahá'í is the religion of money. That's how they get their massive funds:

- Huqúqu'lláh, the "Right of God", is a law which requires Bahá'ís to pay 19% of their surplus net-worth (i.e. those things that they do not need to live comfortably), after the discharge of all debts.

- If someone comes upon a treasure trove, one third of the treasure is the right of the discoverer, and the other two thirds is the right of the House of Justice. This law is designed for a future state of society and these matters are currently covered by the civil law of each country.

- Dead Bahá'í must be buried while wearing a ring bouth from the aforementioned oligarchic assholes.

Bahá'í claims to continue the diversity of culture, but it wants one religion, one language, one government, one education, one code of law, one parliament, one police, one currency. The New World Order is its very theology. Tower of Babel anyone?

>
Bahá'í claims to continue the diversity of culture, but it wants one religion, one language, one government, one education, one code of law, one parliament, one police, one currency. The New World Order is its very theology. Tower of Babel anyone?
This, exactly. I'm sick and tired of every religion and secular organization pushing this one-world meme. What about a religion that emphasizes uniqueness and difference for s change?

A really really good and positive idea that I doubt will ever gain any real traction.

All religions are artificial, user, my friend.

>What about a religion that emphasizes uniqueness and difference for s change?
because that religion woul never have survived in the ancient world, dingus
because the one-world ideology was a mechanism to preserve and expand their faith, and during the time of creation of most of these faiths, they were very outnumbered and therefore a sensible tradition to preserve their numbers

>a religion that promotes uniqueness and difference
>what is judaism

This desu. Which isn't really a value judgment except it's hard to take them seriously.

No mystical tradition

So trashman-tier

That's not what I said brother. Every religion is different and artificial at the same time.

Yeah, for Jews.