Is minimalism dying?

Is minimalism dying?

if thats minimalism than yes I hope so

I pray to the gods that I never wear something this bad.

if it means wearing shit that makes u look like a woman then i hope so

that pic is an example of minimalism dying right?

i hate this board

where the fuck did you pull this photo? it's fucking terrible just like this thread

Somebody actually posed for this picture while wearing those clothes.

wearing a plain jacket, sweatshirt and jeans won't die but I pray this terrible iteration dies a violent death

Yes. Looking at recent runway shows, I got the impression that individualism and construction are becoming the main selling points of high fashion.

In general minimalism is boring. Wearing black, white, gray is playing it safe. You'll look clean and tidy, but is this all there is to you?

>I got the impression that individualism and construction are becoming the main selling points of high fashion.
what does this even mean?

In the 90s fashion brands slapped their logo on everything. Wearing the brand was fashionable, the clothes much less so.
The big houses realized they fucked up and concentrated again on what they could do best: High level construction and individualist style like sequins, embroidery, extraordinary cuts - stuff that's too expensive to replicate.
This is now their unique selling point.

>In the 90s fashion brands slapped their logo on everything
that's just plain wrong

Obviously I was oversimplifying.

Minimalism doesn't utilizes the strengths of high fashion ateliers very well, Maximalism much more so. The idea of a clean and sleek future died somewhere along the way. Nowadays people want to express themselves by their clothing and self-expression is much more difficult to convey with a minimalist wardrobe.

Minimalism is goat, you don't have to think so much about your fit and it can still look really good

>Obviously I was oversimplifying.
It still isn't true the slightest. It wasn't some high fashion phenomena in the 90s anymore than it is this day.
If anything it was the exact opposite, the big names of 90s high fashion were literally the ones that created the minimalistic modern wardrobe.
>Minimalism doesn't utilizes the strengths of high fashion ateliers very well
That is fucking retarded thing to claim especially when you give absolutely nothing to back it up.
> self-expression is much more difficult to convey with a minimalist wardrobe
Why? That makes no sense whatsoever. It's "self expression" you don't get to say that minimalism doesn't express someone elses ideas and self. Fuck, putting any sorta label or style like that to a different line as far as 'self expression' goes is dumb as hell, every choice you make is part of your self expression. Wearing head to toe H&M is just as expressive as wearing nothing but vintage Dior.

The 90s fashion was overwhelmed by antifashion and by some of the most groundbreaking designers such as the Antwerp 6, Yohji and Rei, etc. Fashion in the 90s was all about anticonformism. So I don't really get what you were referring to

>It wasn't some high fashion phenomena in the 90s anymore than it is this day.
And actually now that I think of it, it really has only become a phenomena in high fashion just lately with streetwear and high fashion lines blurring and designers adopting ideas of streetwear to their brands, obvious ones would be vetements, off white and gosha and good comparison to the 90s would be early raf because of the context of youth culture and big influence on those brands and Raf didn't have logos on anything really.
Granted his more famous and influential shows are from 00s

you should not post here about minimalism
because Veeky Forumsgs hate it

as a trend? no. i dont even remember the last time i heard "minimalism is in right now", so it's probably been "dead", more like "hibernating". of course you can still wear minimalistic fits.

You just exposed what makes minimalism so shit
Laymen assume it's easy, when minimalism is actually one of the hardest aesthetics to use in any art form because you have to use it PERFECTLY when there are so few design elements

It's the same shit as vaporwave.

And yes, minimalism should have died a long time ago

this is the last year minimalism will be the norm
screenshot this

I used to wear ill fitted Volcom and Element t shirts along with light blue jeans that didn't fit me and where far too long. Now I wear well fitted stuff like pic related ever since I visited this board, I get my jeans tailored if they're too long and I regularly buy new clothes. My style is pretty boring but it's a huge step up from what I used to walk around in. Besides I don't really care about showing identity through my clothes and I feel good and confident in what I wear, that's what your personal fashion style should be about isn't it?

I'm a trans woman and I hate cishet men

You're not, and stop baiting to derail a discussion.