Is it ever acceptable to do up the top button of a shirt if you're not wearing a tie?

Is it ever acceptable to do up the top button of a shirt if you're not wearing a tie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ktsJZF31HY8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no, why would you want to anyway?

No.

why not though? it keeps the neckline neater without the additional formality of a tie

>muh arbitrary fashion rules
fuck off

sure who cares

yes
anyone else who says otherwise had been reading too much gq magazine

what's the point of leaving one button unbuttoned? it just looks like you're being a try hard to me

>tfw i was the only guy without a tie at school prom because i couldnt afford one
>had to sell some of my things so i could afford (actually pretty decent) 20€ dress shoes
>had to wear a blue suit my mom bought me without asking even though i wanted black
>as a result wasn't confident
>looked like shit even though i was already into fashion

walked home at 10:30pm

No, you are either cholo or eccentric if you do this

Theoretically, no, but I know a guy who's pulled it off.
Fashion rules aren't set in stone.

It looks good like 1% of the time

But does the OP pic pull it off?

What a sad question. There are many such cases!

I mean I guess. It's fucking Dr. Who bro. He makes fun of himself for looking a magician.

Pretend it's not a TV show character but something an actual person wore in real life
would it be acceptable?

Two problems with a straight answer: I can't divorce the look from character, and my feelings toward same; two, his age is key. Old guys can pull off things like kinetic colors, no go items like hats, and vibrant patterns.

I'll dodge the question by deferring to . This is that 1%

Sad shit homie

Capaldi can do whatever the fuck he wants and still good OP

Is it fashionable to wear a hoodie underneath a formal long coat?

or wear pyjama pants with a daytime outside outfit?

no

no.

>arbitrary
nigger nothing is ever arbitrary

>velvet
>formal

Only if you're a brooding detective

First doctor dressed the best

No not really but it's alright imo. You'll be associated with people you wouldn't want to be associated with though.

Yeah that's pretty effay atm

Best dressed Doctor coming through

He's the worst dressed but definetely the best one.

youtube.com/watch?v=ktsJZF31HY8

Capaldi has significantly more gravitas
Matt would never be able to handle 55 minutes on screen without a single other actor to bounce off of

Fuck school prom, i fucking ruined my self esteem wondering why i couldn't find a girl chill enough to go with. I was too insecure to ask any of them then rolled up on my own in a taxi, only to find all the lads came alone also. We all spent the rest of the prom simply having a good time dancing to good music, all that stress was for nothing. See what the American media has done to the youth?

Are you kidding? He looks like his clothes are designed by a first-year fashion student.

Any filmfags able to tell me what buttoning up the top means in a costume?
Uptight? Responsibility? Leader?
Woody in This is England and Jax Teller in Sons of Anarchy sometimes do it in their fits.

I do it with most shirts because it works better with my round face shape.

Bump

Does this rule still go the same with Mandarin collar shirts? Idk if my shoulders arent wide enough to keep it apart but the placket just rests on top of the button anyways so I feel like an autist either way.