If I go back to university at age 26, will I be able to get internships or do companies only like to hire young kids?

If I go back to university at age 26, will I be able to get internships or do companies only like to hire young kids?

no one gives a fuck. they probably won't even ask your age

Depends.
If you are trying to break in to finance/banking they won't take you.

There are probably some other fields like that, but, most other 'good' fields won't discriminate.

Yes and you'll be around drunk 18 year old girls you can fuck. Hard. I recommend it.

>2016
>wanting to fuck college girls
Its like you want to have fake rape charges filed against you and be dragged through the court and gutter for 5 years until the police find out she was lying.
Thanks but no thanks. 2016 college campuses are in flat out warfare against men.

kmwclmc

This isn't true at all, what the fuck are you even talking about. I swear this board is just retards spouting off with zero actual knowledge just to feel like they contributed something. Plenty of people go into finance older than 21 and internships aren't age discriminatory. I go to school with a number of finance majors who are ops age and found good jobs after school.

You probably think finance is a job title kek.

Youre going to the wrong school, bro.

you need to get out more

oye gevalt...

>be me
>go to uni at 18
>same with most classmates in my program
>some Asians/Africans are starting in their 23s and don't speak English well
>know a few old guys 27-40 in my classes
>the immigrants who start school in their lower 20s get jobs/internships
>older guys not that I know of. One was an army vet and almost got one

There's a bunch of reasons. For example the army vet had some silly Brad Pitt Mohawk from one of his ww2 movies, another failed classes. They were my buddies sure but I'm not sure where they are now. People who started uni at 18/19/20 had 35% internships. Young foreigners did too. But old guys did not

I went back to university at age 45 to study management and now I'm a junior assistant manager at KFC

Hey OP I'm 26 too and unemployed and if i could go to college I fucking would. The professors would probably like you more anyway. So don't sweat it and good luck.

I'm 28 and getting the best internships of any of my peers
there are also 40-50 year olds doing just fine

Were you military? Thats the exception and people eat that up in the U.S. atleast.

this thread has been made before, with most of the replies...

I was prior military when I went to school, and I found employers to be pretty forgiving on my being 7 years older than my peers.

I only had 1 employers tell me that I wouldn't be considered because I was older than the other interviewees and she didn't think that I would fit in because I was already married with a kid on the way.

Fuck that's depressing.

congrats?

>I swear this board is just retards spouting off with zero actual knowledge
That took you quite a while to figure out, didn't it?

Beeing older you'll be more respected and taken more seriously by employers.
Your fine. Go get and education and make your dreams come true

it could go both ways, some employers will see it as a plus, as they assume you are more mature.

But some will give you shits and probably ask you what the fuck you been doing in your early twenties.

As for attending college, part, its not a huge deal, you will be surprised its a mixed bag of people coming from different background and ages. So no one would give a shit how old you are.

you're fine, just do it sooner than later.

I personally finished school at 22 and started to work at 24, mostly because I was a lazy fuck and my parents didn't really care.

I started working 3 years ago and it's been pretty ok so far. I work as an AWS engineer for a company that does Security.

Regarding your question, there's this 'junior-coop' guy who joined us a little while ago and he's in his mid 30's pushing 40.

Apparently he did psychology, got a masters, then realized the job field is bullshit and decided to try his luck in comp sci / IT.

He's been here for about 2 months now out of his 4 month co-op.

long story short, nobody gives a fuck.