Geta Sandals

I'm probably going to get roasted, but what is your opinion on geta sandals? I've thought about getting them for the summer and wearing them with some khaki/camel coloured shorts and a white shirt, but would that look autistic? I'm white and skinny so i could prob pull the aesthetic off.

no you cannot pull this off, you are not azn

This. It's gonna look autistic if you are not asian.

Had an idea that Veeky Forums would say something like that, but you're probably right.

If you have such little confidence that you're asking Veeky Forums about it, and are white and skelly, I can't imagine this looking even slightly decent.

nips don't have this concept

>nips
?????

If you wore them with loose fitting linen pants they might look okay.

But with shorts it'd look retarded.

am asian female n would not wear in public n neither should you jesus christ white boy

i was looking at these with a flat sole and black strap, but couldn't find any in a large enough size. really like the shape and deep v of the strap.

tits or gtfo

gtfo to /b/ retard

White knight spotted, good luck getting some of that imaginary internet pussy

do u want a peek of my sweet ankles

>says the one who actually tries to get internet pussy

I totally agree, unless you asian itll probably look bad. Not to mention the noise those things make when you walk around.

Get some Hemp, Woven, Linen ones maybe?

on the topic of sandals, I really wish gladiator sandals were in style again for men. I'd be rocking these all day in the summer. Can only gay people and women pull off gladiator sandals now?

Not him but,
Nips == Japs. Nippon == Japan

If you want to wear nip shoes and have everyone laugh at you why aren't steel-toe tabis your go-to?

>FOOLISH SAMURAI

The only way to pull off those sandals as with a plated skirt and gladius desu.

Top is optional, helm is not

Would cop just to annoy bootyblasted gooks like these.

Don't take the advice you get on Veeky Forums to seriously, most of these people don't have a clue what they're talking about.

I wore these once and they're hard to walk in. These are the kinda footwear where you'd have to relearn how to walk.

Not him but I would. I also would you like to stomp on me but thats harder through the Internet

Very popular in greece. Bought myself a pair while living there. Im going to start wearing them with one of these

It would look autistic in a casual context even if you were Asian. And they're Japanese anyway so I'm not sure why all Asians apply.

If you're not Japanese specifically you shouldn't, so no one cares if you're "Asian".

And even so, Japanese people do not wear these casually. They are worn pretty exclusively with some form of traditional dress--nobody is pairing these with their fucking Uniqlo fit.

t. dude who lives in Japan

show me a fit. full sasquatchfabrix? hakamas with wa-neck shirt?
not sure it would go well with skinny jeans and a palace t shirt

i found a store that sells historically inspired japanese clothing and their shoes are very comfy. i would recommend.

What store?

Sou Sou but don't tell anyone because it's one of my favs.
i got these shoes n the top from there

oops wrong one

This is bad for your feet, yet another anomaly of so-called "high culture" (autism).

Get simple animal skin sandals that put you close to the ground. These ones are not exactly an example of particularly good craftsmanship or aesthetics, they are all in very utilitarian and simple. But look at how well-developed and strong his feet are.

this store is actually pretty cool. Everyone is always asking for quality, cheaper alternatives to visvim jackets and yohji hakamas
This place pretty much fits the bill.
You in the bay area?

i'm in texas but traveled to the bay area and saw the store and gave it a peek.

ordering online was ez pz and i've never had issues with any of the products. really nice quality and the tabi shoes have actually feel like walking on clouds.

looks like they add more to the catalog too each season which is nice.

I'm a brown boy, but peopel think I'm part asian sometimes. Can I pull it off senpai?

i've never had an issue with a lot of other cultures wearing other stuff but that's just me and i know i'm a minority.

except white people. i think it's the otaku stigma for them.

you might risk looking like you're cosplaying but the shoes are easy for anyone to wear and maybe as long as you stick to the more subtle pieces then you'd be fine.
EX. a haori like in pic would be easy to incorporate into a modern streetwear style and not give off dumb-dumb vibes.

HONESTLY as long as you're good looking who cares

What if I'm not good looking...

i dont think this is necessarily true. you just have to have a certain look and vibe about you. basically this piece is a high risk/reward

shogun helmet

be a confident boy

brown asians aren't asian

Dude thats alot of toofbrushers. How many people live under that roof holy shit

I'm not actually asian, people always ask if I'm half jap.

6 people. not a ton of space.

>i'm in texas but traveled to the bay area and
Wait wait... dallas? Are you a bartender?

where does one get a pair of these? fugg

Jap here

won't get offended or some shit if I see you wearing them but unless you're model tier you'll look like a greasy weeb

consider zoris I wear them in the summer

make them

sou sou are nice people,
the english people helped me order some tabis from Japan but I unfortunately never wear them lol

which animal skin is the best compromise between effay and durability?

Where can i cop that haori senpai

this
why the fuck would a skinny white guy be perfect for an asian aesthetic? must be mental illness or something

They're just being polite.

Is this thread real?

>2017
not wearing a chiton

The real question is do I go only one shoulder or nah

too tryhard

not to mention that they're not that comfortable I assume

w2c? i need something to go with my himation

Its too easy to make a chiton. Its one piece of cloth sewn up the side and pinned

>Buying and wearing wood off cuts
>Asks if it would look autistic
KEK

>I'm white and skinny so i could prob pull the aesthetic off.
you're an idiot

these always looked horrible on men

>But look at how well-developed and strong his feet are.
you mean ugly and filthy

maybe you americans but they look great on med men

Try it. Prove them wrong user.

Anyone have any experience with Teva sandals? I'm too much of a broke boi for Suicoke.

They're great. Super comfy and they don't rub against your feet and cause chafing or whatever, I used to wear them last summer and had to walk all day almost everyday in the city I was in and they held up.

Ty

you should really rock them! i would love to see people incorporate it into fits more.

Etsy. good stuff there. specifically Siamurai.

Nah no bartender. Artist by trade took me to the bay area.

u can pull it off if you are a dirty boy and they are very broken in.

Like say pic related? I walked 2 miles down a dirt road in greece to get to a secluded beach.

i'd wear them on a beach, and beach only

I'm sure these are fedora tier impossible, probably even harder to pull off. Just don't

>But look at how well-developed and strong his feet are.

>implying this has anything to do with the shoes he's wearing now in his life and not genetics/nutrition as he was growing up

gtfo cuck
bait detected

>Can only gay people and women pull off gladiator sandals now?
you can pull off anything, user. just be confident.