Adidas General

Iniki Runner drop edition

Previous thread: A general / containment thread for the discussion of all things Adidas. Boosts, NMD, Gazelle, Samba, whatever. Also suggest links for future OP pasta.

Iniki Runner countdown (Thursday 4/20 release):
adidas.com/us/iniki-runner-shoes/BB2099.html

General links:
sneakernews.com/release-dates/
stockx.com
deadstock.ca

Other urls found in this thread:

adidas.com/us/nmd_xr1-primeknit-shoes/BA7215.html
adidas.com/us/nmd_r2-primeknit-shoes/BB2952.html
adidas.com/us/nmd_r2-primeknit-shoes/BB2951.html
adidas.com/us/nmd_xr1-primeknit-shoes/BB2911.html
adidas.fi/equipment-support-93-16/BY9148.html
bloomingdales.com/shop/product/adidas-x-wings-horns-mens-gazelle-85-lace-up-sneakers?ID=1754978&pla_country=US&cm_mmc=Google-PLA-ADC-_-Mens-NA-_-Adidas/wings And Horns-_-889765830417USA&CAWELAID=120156070003991686&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=40285169990&CATCI=pla-266123021667&catargetid=120156070004374787&cadevice=c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

More NMDs also releasing tomorrow:

adidas.com/us/nmd_xr1-primeknit-shoes/BA7215.html
adidas.com/us/nmd_r2-primeknit-shoes/BB2952.html
adidas.com/us/nmd_r2-primeknit-shoes/BB2951.html
adidas.com/us/nmd_xr1-primeknit-shoes/BB2911.html

do you think the off white ones will sel out quickly?

You could find them in some unknown euro online website easily.

are these warm? or more like a summer shoe?

They'd be warm, first they're black second they're thicc

and how's the sizing? i don't know if my local adidas has them on stock to try em

I wouldn't know

Heard that the build quality is shit, can anyone confirm?

Judging by all of my adidas being good quality on even non boost shoes, I doubt they'd cut corners on a model they're pushing

How fast will these sell out?

w2c these with boost

Someone red-pill me on Boost, are the shoes with them actually really comfy?

Anyone got cloudfoams? Sounds comfy

do I buy white stan smiths with green color or "dark blue"?

I wear all black lite racers for work.

Pretty comfy desu, I might try a cheaper pair of UB's but it might be overkill for just standing around all day.

If you're going to fall for the meme at least get the green

love these

Anybody got any info of the City Sock 1 restock thats supposed to come out at the end of the month"?

Green

Are these good alternative to Common Projects Achilles Low? I don't want to fall for the Meme Smiths.

memes can be good too

Anyone have experience with stockx? How long does the average sale take? I'm trying to pick up some reigning champs but the ask price is significantly higher than the last sale a week ago. I bid what the last pair sold for. Should I message the guy and try and talk him down or should I just wait?

they look nothing like cps
too bulky and chunky

I just copped some iniki, first time buying adidas shoes. Comfy af

If the sizing is anything like on the 93/16 which has the same upper I'd go tts for narrow feet and half size up for normal and wide feet.

Some models are more comfortable than others, but generally they are way comfier than regular eva midsoles.
Just go try on some models like the pure boost 2017 and Ultra Boost and judge for yourself.

I've tried it on and it feels cheap for some reason. Most of the comfort is from the insole and the actual midsole feels like it would compress and lose it's bounciness pretty fast.
No actual experience on owning and wearing for longer perioids of time though.

They release in Europe on the 27th and I'm guessing the restock in US is the same day.
Been waiting on those forever. They pushed the release in EU so my local boutique has had them in the back for over 4 months without being able to sell them. Shit has been frusturating.
Now I'm just bouncing between the CS1, which clearly is the superior shoe in terms of looks, and the CS2 ronin which apparently is more comfortable and supportive.
Which one should I cop? Also is the sizing a half size down like on primeknit NMD's?

Should I refund my iniki, they have a defect?

Where? I see nothing wrong

sold out in under 1 minute

im a mayn and i wanna rock superstars
how do i pull it off?

i am 6,2 non chad-looking lean kiddo-boy

F

I got the OP colorway. Satisfied.

I hope you realized that Achilles Low was designed after an adidas sneaker.

btw Gazelles/Sambas >>>>>>>>Stans

pic related

does the upper determines if shoes have similar sizing?
some brands are not in my country but there is similar ones like huarache ultra/huarache utility and it'll be helpful in the future to try them on and buying em online

It varies with brand and how close the two models are, but yeah the upper's materials do make a big difference.
For example the same shoe with a knit upper and a suede upper would most likely fit quite differently since you'd want the knit to hug your foot, but on the suede model you'd want to have more room since it doesn't give in as much. The sole is going to stay the same, so the upper is what makes up the difference.
Some examples that I know would be mesh vs pk nmd and ultra boost vs the eqt support ultra, where on both comparisons the sole stays same but upper changes.

Just from images I'd imagine those huaraches fit the same since the upper is the same (other is just "uncaged") and there really isn't that much difference on the sole.

I always try out different models in store just so if I stumble on a good deal or a new cw online I already know the right size. Sometimes I order two different sizes and return the one that doesn't fit, but that's only when the return is free.

tfw you got the white inikis because u didnt know u wanted the red white n blue ones

The pride of the 70's is a bit too retro imo. It's a fun cw, but I think the white is much cleaner and will go with different fits better.
The stripes are probably pretty easy to paint if you want to keep them and add some colour.

thanks that helps a lot, anyway i found a store in my city that has the rf's in stock so im going to check them out

I was pretty disappointed, as I didn't expect the 70's cw to have so much hype. I'm not about to pay $230 resale for a pair of made in china adidas either. Really surprised they sold out though, and adidas will probably continue their shit tier idea of never making good colorways again, just like how they did with the original NMD.

Hype just ruins some sneakers. Its a legitimately cool shoe and would be cool even if it wasn't hyped. There aren't many retro runners out there that don't look like complete ass (Looking at you, Nike with your roshe/cortez abomination) and have decent tech+materials.

Try out the EQT support ultra (eqt support 93/16) too!
Same upper but more comfy due to the boost midsole. Not that much pricier and you often find them on sale for the same price as the RF's retail. Currently only 90€ on the european adidas site.
The 93/16's also have real suede where as on the RF's it synthetic suede

can you pass me the link on that? can't seem to find them

nice trips desu

adidas.fi/equipment-support-93-16/BY9148.html
I'm not sure how stock numbers and prices work on the european adidas sites (if they are the same across every european country) but this is the Finnish site (.fi) that adidas directs me to.
There is a -25% discount today on selected items

bloomingdales.com/shop/product/adidas-x-wings-horns-mens-gazelle-85-lace-up-sneakers?ID=1754978&pla_country=US&cm_mmc=Google-PLA-ADC-_-Mens-NA-_-Adidas/wings And Horns-_-889765830417USA&CAWELAID=120156070003991686&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=40285169990&CATCI=pla-266123021667&catargetid=120156070004374787&cadevice=c

Is anyone else w/ inikis worried about this? It seems like the blue heel tab should've been stitched over the grey part but looking at the adidas site it's intentional?

It's not stitched on the official product images so I'm guessing that's just the design.
I don't know why you should be worried about it, what does it really matter?

Upon further investigation I noticed that some pairs are stitched and some are not.
The top two are from the latest drop (taken from caliroots.com) and bottom two are from the first drop (also caliroots)
Really strange, since on adidas.com images none of them was stitched

i stand by my word, Iniki is the new NMD

so they'll have a few good colorways but it'll sell out regardless?

Won't reach the NMD hype, but it is close. Seems like a shoe for all types of consumers

>tfw 3.0 and 2.0 don't come close to 1.0 knit

Thoughts on these? Its really hard for me deciding the perfect white/off white adidas sneaker when they're so many available

I just hope they re-release the 70's colorway. its a very classic style like the stan smith and top ten classic colorways.

Interesting. Thanks for the compilation. I don't think the lack of stitching will really matter for the longevity of the shoe anyways. I'm still very pleased with my purchase although it's not the most comfortable ultraboost sole'd shoe I own.

zx 500 made in germany

more like
>tfw 3.0 knit doesn't come close to 2.0 and 1.0 knit

It really isn't. They're trying to build up hype by making the releases unnecessarily limited, but it really isn't working.
The "normies" really don't give two shits about the Iniki at the moment.

I'd pick the adidas 350 over those. Pretty similar but much cleaner and simpler.
For overall best all white/off white Adidas sneaker I'd go with the EQT support ultra, EQT support ultra PK or white/gum city sock

It's not the ultra boost sole. No torsion system
It's just a boost sole, unique to the inikis

W2c these?

>It really isn't. They're trying to build up hype by making the releases unnecessarily limited, but it really isn't working.
The "normies" really don't give two shits about the Iniki at the moment.

thats what i fucking hate, making shit limited for the sake of it being limited, its bigcartel brand tier marketing and you miss out on customers.

Find me a better all white adidas sneaker (no boost or sneaker that released after 2014)

protip

you cant

I see the pinched fabric, user. At lower prices I would say it's somewhat minor and that it would be up to you whether you wanted to keep them, but at the stupidly high prices manufacturers charge for shoes like this (vs. the cost of R&D, materials, and assembly), I would insist on perfect ones. The vendor should return them and Adidas should eat the cost of shipping out a defective pair.

dead ass i have one but i'm not going to post before Veeky Forums finds out and make it a meme. And the price of it went up by 20 bucks on amazon. it was cheap as shills

Reebok Classics by Adidas, not cool

>They release in Europe....

Yeah the CS1 is so fucking sick, they should just cancel the CS2 and make more CS1's. Everything i've heard about the CS1 is that its TTS but can't say from experience.

reebok is adidas m9

Yeah, no point to make something like the Iniki so limited. I get that limited releases like collabs drive up the hype on other products too, but making a general release model so limited is just retarded.
I would've copped the grey pair in the first drop if they didn't sell out everywhere in minutes.
It's a fuckin $120 shoe, it should be on shelves everywhere

Some say it's tts because the pk is sturdier than on regular pk NMD's where you usually go half size down.
I think I'll cop from a local boutique so I can maybe get a chance to try them on
CS2 is dope as well, but I prefer the CS1 because of the mid height. They should make a cross over and slap the CS1 upper on the CS2/R2 sole

I tried to refund but footlocker refuse to take them back

Did you wear the pair outside before you tried to return them?
If they're still DS go in again and try to exchange them with another employee if it really bothers you that much.
If they're worn they'll just think you didn't like them and want your money back, which they're not obligated to do.

Yeah I wore them outside, my bad. Anyway, they are comfortable, I will use them daily.

Better to always inspect the shoe before you wear it no matter how tempted you are
Some retailers give you a partial refund if there is a defect but you've already worn them. Something like a 20% refund is pretty sweet if the defect is as minor as on your pair

true
2.0 is the worst imo with 3.0 being just a tiny bit better. 1.0 is goat

Yeah . 3.0 has a few colorways to look forward to. 2.0? shit

Is it true that the triple black/white NMD's fit a bit smaller than the other mesh NMD's? Got a pair of the blacks and they're pretty comfy but it bugs me that my toes are at the very front and don't have much room, so I gotta wear a thin sock.

clima dominance when

rate my collection

how does your triple black fit?
t.

NMD R1 Mesh are 8, fit snug to tight.
NMD XR1 Knit are 8.5, fit perfect.
Qasa are 8, fit perfect to little loose.
RO Runners are 7.5, fit loose.

My true boot size is probably like 8, so Id say the NMD R1 fit a little small & snug.

Sure call me a manlet, whatever I'm 5'10"

how much of a bad idea are these?

Same with the R1 Mesh then, a bit too tight to be max comfy as I went TTS too. Fug. Thanks for the reply, mirin' the tricky runners.

btw a 60-year old lady in my small home town wears them and other high-end stuff, just imagine her wearing full rick in a town of hillbillies.

An old lady?? Haha tha'ts amazing. A retired designer perhaps.

bad except if you are a black british man with a gold tooth

Her son is a designer in Helsinki, that's why. :^)
I moved out so there's probably 5 people who know what she's wearing in the whole town, makes her even more based

What are some all black sneakers that doesn't look like school shoes?
Maybe a little color but mostly all black

Just bought a pair of these and an all black pair too, comfy af.

NMD R2 triple white/black when

I rate it black out of black

>actually owning a kek
>form-over-function wireless heater/charger
>/g/ memeboard
>daruma shows fulfilled wish
>shoes directly on table

I want to believe this pic was staged for maximum (you) impact

Contact adidas and they will get you adidas credit. Did that with a pair of gazelles I got from bloomingdales.

Thrash both NMD's/10

What's a good price for worn wool grey 1.0's?

I went with a size 10 with my triple white. They fit perfect. I mostly choose size 10 for shoes too.

The seller sent me some pics
No idea what to pay for them and he just told me to make an offer.
I know they're 1.0's but they're still pretty beat and I don't want to overpay.
What would be a decent price?

They look pretty good, are they white, creamy or lightgray?

Why the fuck would you buy those

I like the wool grey cw and they don't come up that often where I live. I know the condition isn't great and that's why I don't know what would be a reasonable price.
I've just been wanting the wool greys for so long and this would probably be an opportunity to get them for cheap. Clean the boost and throw them in the washing machine and they'll look as good as new. The outsole is the only thing I'm worried about.

The guy didn't take care of the boost at all so it stained. The traction is fucked, I guarantee it's going to wear away if you run in them. There's no guarantee that the upper will stay gray either. I'd pay $50

not sure why these aren't as hyped as inikis

The tongue ruins it, and I own the original busenitz and kept the tongue

because they're 180 dollars

corny upper and weird sole shape