Glasses Thread

Lets talk about glasses and how to choose and buy fashionable frames and and all that cal.
What kind of frame do you have? Discuss.

Are wireframes really dead? Do I have to wear thick round hipster glasses to look good?

Here's my deal, i just found out that i'm short sighted and need glasses to continue driving legally.

What are some decent frames/styles that aren't too expensive and also won't make me look a total fag?

I hate this hair with a bit of a beard

have* not hate

Not glasses related but how do you ask for your haircuts?

I take that picture and also a couple more for my regular hairdresser to look at. I just kind of say short on the sides but long on top with a razor cut fringe. First time i had it done the hair didn't blend between the short and long nicely so the most recent time it was clippered a little higher.

Basically,

Short sides, long top, use a razor on the fringe, take good pictures.

Not this picture since the ones i take are on my old phone. Similar to this about a week or so after the cut though.

Also it's similar to what that pewdiepie guy has these days.

thinking of coppin

Just ordered the Preston frames from WB a few days ago.
I've never ordered glasses online so I don't really know what to expect, I'm hoping for the best.

Never had a pair of thick round frames before either, so hopefully they look good and not cliche and hipster.

Can someone help me determine my face shape? I can never decide, it doesn't seem to fit oblong because my face actually narrows towards the bottom. I have thin wire frame glasses with rectangle lenses, but they don't seem to fit my features well.

Hard to tell because you've got those disgusting pubes on your face getting in the way.

Sorry, I'll shave.

Just trim your beard and clean it up so it actually looks neat.

try on a buncha different frames and post photos.

I've been meaning to but I've been really depressed lately and let myself go a bit.

I finally completed my glasses collection :~)

Oliver People's O'Malley dark tortoiseshell
Savile Row 18kt round glasses (customs)
Savile Row 18kt round sunglasses (customs)

Fighting the urge to pick up a pair of Windsor-rimmed frames though...

Im getting pic related, thoughts ?

gotta see how it fits on ur face homie

I've had a pair from WB for about a year now and I love them

sure way mate

10/10

Just got a pair of persols and they are beyond anything iv ever had.
Face shapes are dumb get frames that compliment your face
your face is a lot slimmer than it is tall and not very round(nor square really so you can probably pull those off too) so i'd go for so fairly tall round frames, something like rayban erika but thicker frame

You spent literal thousands on glasses frames when you could get the exact same frames for cheap somewhere else.

>paying for Luxottica brands
>ever

I just realize it's WP, not WB and you even mistakenly copied my WB as well.

Whatever, you knew what I meant

>You spent literal thousands on glasses frames when you could get the exact same frames for cheap somewhere else.
>>paying for Luxottica brands
>>ever

but other people (and you!!) will know you're cheap user. you don't belong on this board with that kind of attitude.

>letting any metal other than gold in contact with your skin

thousands? all in all ran me ~£1000

Thoughts on these ?

Will work with a square jaw.. If you have a pointed chin you will look like you're playing dress up. Round face is okay but you might look like a granddad

Thoughts?

are there any frames that don't overemphasize a nose? I don't know if I'm just focusing on it too much but my already big nose seems to look bigger when I try on glasses

would aviators be good or would they overemphasize my nose? i have an oval face shape if that helps

Will go back to looking like old man glasses in a couple years

>only the Oliver Peoples are luxottica
>also the cheapest of the frames

buddy cmon

there's nothing wrong with that

Except children point and laughing at you in grocery stores
seen it happen.

kids are stupid, what else is new

Not bad, tbhonest. What frames?

They learn what they ought to consider funny from us adults
At the very least, if you insist on the sort get it secondhand from an antique mall or vintage retailer and pay no more than $70 for replacement lenses.

1978 kino

but go with a gold frame

I only wear my glasses like once a month, but they are just these cheap ones.

people who wear drill mounts hate glasses in the first place

Going to bed so bump

Thoughts on these? I've got angular shaped face so I think the roundness would fit me. White skin and black hair, the silver ones are a better option for me right?

PS: I'm probably getting them in a few hours so I'd appreciate feedback as soon as possible

I've got similar frames in silver - highly recommended. Sounds like they'll suit you