How much blood did she personally spill?

How much blood did she personally spill?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TzuLCLdcym0
stjoan-center.com/Trials/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

menstruation joke here

About 100ml per month

I thought she was more of a mascot. Was a little disappointed the last time I looked into it, actually. Thought she was more of a warrior in her own right.

Did she need special armor for breasts?

>How much blood did she personally spill?

Very likely none.

She is not recorded as saying she killed anyone. She said that she preferred to carry her holy banner rather than her sword. Her injuries; two crossbow wounds, a caltrop through the foot and a stone bullet off her helmet, are consistent with someone on the front line but not in the thick of the combat.

She probably lead assaults but did not partake in the fray. She would have been riding around waving her banner, yelling out directions, calling on the Lord and telling soldiers that they were serving God.

>Did she need special armor for breasts?

French women have small breasts and she was young. So no. Boob armour isn't real. Boob armour is costume, not armour.

Haha, funny guy.
Great response, merci for enlightening me.

>I thought she was more of a mascot.

I don't think that is accurate. She gathered French troops who would follow and then chose where and when her attack would occur. She lead assaults on enemy fortifications and was close enough to the enemy to be injured by short range enemy missiles and traps. Not all medieval leaders fought hand-to-hand in every battle. Edward III commanded the battle of Crécy from the top of a windmill behind the main English force.

>Was a little disappointed the last time I looked into it, actually. Thought she was more of a warrior in her own right.

That is modern myth created by feminists.

>She lead assaults on enemy fortifications and was close enough to the enemy to be injured by short range enemy missiles and traps.
Oh, that's cool. I should probably look deeper into it.

While she most probably never killed she apparently ran over quite a few people while on her horse.

>D’Aulon recounted that at the battle fought outside the English fort of the Augustins, near Orléans, the French were withdrawing unmolested back to Orléans when the English suddenly appeared to attempt a surprise attack on the rear of the French column. Joan arrived on the scene just at that moment, accompanied by the French mercenary captain La Hire. Both of them were on horseback, armed with lances. Joan, with only La Hire at her side, immediately and impetuously leveled her lance and charged headlong at the English. D’Aulon said that she and La Hire struck the first blows at the enemy. The French knights and common soldiers, stung to action by Joan’s example, turned about and swept the English from the field. They went on to storm the Augustins that day, giving Joan another victory.

As a sidenote, based La Hire.

You do realize that a lance can kill right?

>While she most probably never killed
>immediately and impetuously leveled her lance and charged headlong at the English.

That sounds like a kill to me.

Also, the only thing I know about La Hire is AoE2, kek.

Like almost all most military leaders (and the vast majority of soldiers, for that matter), almost certainly none.

Glorified cheerleader

>french women
You mean most women of the time. Food abundance correlates with breast growth. Since most are living in near poverty conditions, such are near impossible to obtain.

>Since most are living in near poverty conditions

Nice opinion you got there, got anything to back it up?

>Since most are living in near poverty conditions

Monty python and the Holy Grail.

You guys for real?

Expressed in 1990 dollars poverty level is like 300/400 dollars per capita Medieval Europe even during the dark ages had twice that.

Her companions said she had big breasts. Anyway, you don't need "boob plate" or anything similar unless you really have a couple of fat massive balloons.

My bad, I wanted to say that she probably never killed with a sword, in the traditional, but flawed, 1v1 sense.

Though it's interesting to notice that while her contemporaries keep mentioning that she was a gifted lancer they never goes into the details of these charges.
Was it to keep the pure image people had of Joan or simply because they were, for most, rugged veterans who were used to such sights?

La Hire was an interesting character and arguably one of the best French commanders of that era. After the capture of Joan he was one of those who tried to free her and ended being captured. Escaping one year later, he became more and more ruthless, leading an Ecorcheur band before joining back with Charles VII.
Sad that he died before Joan retrial as he would have given an incredible testimony.

>joanne D´arc.
>big breasted.
Not even joking, where did you read that?
Sounds like something people from their time wouldnt say.

It depends on her comrades' tastes, but her breasts were purported to be 10/10.
>Joan’s female sexuality inevitably became part of the chemistry that drew men to her -- but in a way that was the opposite of the norm. Her squire d’Aulon helped her into her armor every day that she was in the field and it was he who dressed her wounds. He testified that he often saw her naked legs and breasts and that". . . she was a young girl, beautiful and shapely. ..’ D’Alençon said ". .. I slept with Joan and the soldiers ‘on the straw,’ and sometimes I saw Joan get ready for the night, and sometimes I looked at her breasts, which were beautiful." Yet -- all of Joan’s men -- Jean de Metz, Bertrand de Poulengy, d’Alençon, d’Aulon, Thibault; the men who slept on the ground beside her and saw her in her lovely nakedness, were adamant that they never felt carnal lust for her. Thibault elaborated that while they sometimes felt a carnal urge for Joan, they "never dared give way to it.." They saw a saintly goodness in her and it was shame that prevented them from making advances on her. They felt an exalted pure love for her that they could not bear to sully with carnal words much less deeds.
>These comments by Joan’s intimates concerning Joan’s sexuality and their responses to it are all from Pernoud, Retrial. The pages containing the relevant testimony of each of these men is as follows: de Metz, 87; de Poulengy, 9 1-92; D’Alençon, 142; d’Aulon, 154; and Thibault, 107.

>wearing 16th century plate armor
>died in 1431
the art itself is beautiful but this still triggers my autism

Literally loli's purity worshippers in medieval France

>Since most are living in near poverty conditions,

Oh look, le dark ages meme again. She came more a middle-upper class family you fucking idiot

>more

from*

Beta waifufags. Joan of Arc is likely the poster child for having a reverse harem.

A lot, she was a murderous religious fanatic who made a lot of people die from her own hand and from those who followed her.It was a blessing they burned her

As much as a typical virgin whose hymen got torn when raped repeatedly.

By her own account to the inquisitor, she never personally shed blood and preferred her banner to a sword.

Joan was the daughter of a better off peasant family, the ones who could be comparable to a village elder and likely interacted with the nobles most on the peasants behalf.

Boob armor in real life is impractical, since it creates unneeded weak spots in the armor. Would you want armor that slopes incoming melee towards your chest? It only exists in fantasy.

Sounds like someone spent too long falling for ez bait on Veeky Forums

>making two separate tits
>not just making the armor bulge out in the appropriate place
they did it when making armor for those with a belly. Pic related.

You must hate art.

Do you guys know literally nothing about the 14th century? France experienced famines in 1304, 1305, 1310, 1315–1317 (the Great Famine), 1330–34, 1349–51, 1358–60, 1371, 1374–75 and 1390. These occurred alongside the Black Death and the Hundred Years War in which the English went around sacking the countryside and burning everything in sight to deny food to the French, which helped provoke the Jacquerie revolt as the French knights tried to extract taillage and corvée from the peasants to feed their army and repair their castles.

Holy fucking shit I can't believe I have to explain this to multiple people on a history board. Read a book, or even a wikipedia article for fuck's sake.

Her guards must've nutted so hard.

youtube.com/watch?v=TzuLCLdcym0

Being an English soldier in the Hundred Years War must've been a sadist's dream.

>beta waifufags

These guys were professional soldiers who slaughtered pissed-off Englishmen on the regular. I think it'd be more accurate to say the medieval men simply had a different view of sexuality than you or I. In the words of the Geto Boys "real gangsta-ass niggas don't flex nuts, cause real gangsta-ass niggas know they got 'em".

She had a lot of companions, including a squire who adored her named Jean d'Aulon who wrote

"Although she was a young woman, beautiful and well formed, and when helping to arm her or otherwise I have often seen her breasts, and although sometimes when I was dressing her wounds I have seen her legs quite bare, and I have gone close to her many times, and I was strong, young and vigorous in those days, never, despite any sight or contact I had with the Maid, was my body moved to any carnal desire for her."

Eh. All I know is that I would have jerked it to her if I was in her army.

She was still a virgin when she was burned at the stake so all the rape was anal and oral I'm afraid

None because women can't actually fight.

Joan a qt.

Hpw many goals does an average cheerlander personally score in a match?

>go to Jeanne d'Arc thread because I love Jeanne
>expect to be disappointed as these threads are usually full of trolling and ignorance
>pleasantly surprised to see Veeky Forumstorians sharing good info about Jeanne
Thanks guys. Here's a link to an English translation of Jeanne's trial transcripts for anyone who's interested.
stjoan-center.com/Trials/

Joan is cute! C-U-T-E!!!

My sweet Joan

thanks man

Those "bellys" were made on ALL armor of that time, even for thin people. It makes the armor more resistant.

indeed.

You've never seen renaissance art of Romans wearing "modern" plate armor?