What app/program/whatever do you guys like to use for trading? Do you recommend any for your phone...

What app/program/whatever do you guys like to use for trading? Do you recommend any for your phone? I see a lot of reviews for phone apps saying they crash during peak trading hours and users that get buttfucked trying to sell at good times.

I'd like to finally start trading. My dad uses E*trade and he does pretty well with it, but I feel like that's the "normie" choice. What does Veeky Forums use on both computer and phone?

I have vanguard, robinhood and options house. planning on opening an etrade account soon. Vanguard is the best if you have actual money. Robinhood is best if your a poorfag and only investing $100 at a time.

I've tried opening E*Trade but the account creation always stuffs up at online credit verification. It tries to verify using a credit agency they themselves no longer use. They then send you an automated email a few days later stating
>"You requested a credit check from 'X', we no longer use 'X', we use 'Y' for blah blah"

So why the fuck are you trying to verify me with an agency you no longer use you fuckwits?
So i gave up.

Open an IB account if you have the money.

Speedtrader & IB are both pretty good. Robinhood for poorfags still reigns supreme.

I think I'll be starting out 100-300 a month. Robinhood doesn't charge you for trades but e*trade charges $10 per transaction correct?

Use Robinhood for sure. I wouldn't do IB unless you have more than $25K.

etrade is the biggest piece of shit i have ever encountered. it is beyond retard level

Robinhood it is then. Thanks.

I use Schwab with the street smart edge platform. It's pretty fucking good, comparable to TD's Think or Swim

I think if you're 26 or under you can open an IB account with only 3k.

this, best all round broker

what if i lied about how much I have

You mean lying about your age? I don't see how you can lie about your money, you need to deposit $3000 regardless

get a job.exe

buy and hold KNPD. trading is for chumps.

IB is the best by FAR, even if it doesn't look like much.

They're the only broker with an open API too, so if you're a programmer like me it comes in super handy.

What makes IB good? I use Think or Swim for mostly futures and some options trading. They have a decent mobile client, which is relatively stable (on iOS at least) and often updated. Their desktop client is great for charting tools, etc.

I'm wondering what the benefits of IB are since you guys are obviously pumped about it.

I use TDAmeritrade. Think or swim is award winning last like 5 years, I get level II, I get premarket and after-hours trading, margin, and option trading. Great UI, branch in my city can't recommend enough

401k through Vanguard theyre good too

Find some low volatility stocks and bonds

Use scottrade here. Have TD Ameritrade for Think or Swim. TD Ameritrade has great customer service. Scottrade kind of sucks, but it was the first brokerage I used.

im curious about it too, aside from the obvious low commissions

Extremely low commission and slippage, that's a huge leg-up. Also great for short selling especially penny stocks and small caps in general. Also for algo developers their api is also integrable w/ public backtesting sites like quantopian.