Is it possible to find an online job, even if you don't live in the US?

Is it possible to find an online job, even if you don't live in the US?

I'm 24, and i live in a country where the average wage is ~350US dollars/month. If i somehow managed to find myself an online job, which paid in US dollars, i'd be able to work from home and still get a way better paycheck than whatever average job in my country could provide me.

Thing is, literally everything i research, is either a scam, or won't accept foreign countries. I speak multiple languages, i'm a competent typist and i have a good PC with a stable network connection.

Other urls found in this thread:

upwork.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

> i'm a competent typist and i have a good PC with a stable network connection

you and 5 billion other people

there's plenty. but they won't fall into your lap just like that. you need some skills, and to put in some effort and leg work. plenty of people make 1k a month without much trouble working as writers, designers, artists, voice actors, seo dudes, social media managers, etc.

Do you have tits? If so, then camgirl your way to depression and an early grave... But you'll make more than 350 a month.

Ofc, it depends on their size and quality.

I'm willing to work, i'm just struggling to find some employing website that isn't a scam, or will accept foreigner employees.

I would hire you if you knew how to graphic design or websites. I sure as heck would pay you more than 350 us dollars a month as long as you had good turn around and did what you were hired to do by the deadline

upwork.com

there you go brotha

I'm a non-English speaker who lives in a country with similar average wage (maybe even less).

I work from home atm while I'm finishing my studies.

Started with translation on the old Odesk/Elance platforms and scales the shit out of that. Then I moved over to Copywriting and I now make ~$2000/month.

This all happened in 3 years while I was studying so I'm hitting two birds with one stone.

Anyway, I contributed to several freelancing threads in the past (pic related) so my two cents are:

1. Before going fully into online jobs, have a real, stable job, savings or parents to back you up when there's no money coming in. It's a feast or famine deal with online jobs when you're just starting out.

2. Find something that you're good at. I always wrote awesome essays, etc. at school and my English is near native so I chose Copywriting after the first natural choice - translation.

3. Devour books and/or courses in your niche. Get knowledge and insight.

4. Go under a successful person in your niche for little or no pay, just for the experience and a pretty testimonial from one of the big guys.

5. Market yourself in forums, FB groups, contribute to Veeky Forums threads and clients will start coming in.

The most important part though is being consistent.
Set yourself goals like:

> posting 5 proposals for jobs every day on Upwork,
> posting some digested, valuable content you read or heard once a week,

Be visible and people will naturally see you as an expert, but that'll come further down the road.

op should be asking this guy questions

>2000$/month
how many hours do you work on average?

Less than 20hours/day.

I still have university to go to, but my thesis defence is in a month.

After that's done I'll probably travel with my laptop as an ATM that spits out money whenever I need it.

After that I'll work on making my income passive by publishing a book, then maybe a course, but I'm not sure if I want to fall into the "guru" know-it-all category...

Right now it's about working the least amount of hours and getting the most cash out of it.

that's 20hours/week. typo

sounds awesome. together with a side-job i'd be well off.
will look into this.

thanks for your info!

You got a skype? I won't bother you too much, I just need a few pointers and you clearly know your stuff.

I do graphic design

Here's my temp mail: [email protected]

Let me know what you need and add your own Skype. We'll go from there.

OP here, i will gladly take a look into upwork, thank you all for your input. I'll most likely start doing translations, and with practice, time and customers, possibly expand into some other areas.

Again, thank you all for your input.

>non-English speaker
>Speaks english

hah. I meant non-native, but something tells me you're already onto that.

I know there are some transcript sites out there. Dont know about anything else.

I have an advertising agency and need a graphic designer and possibly a web designer. I'm in the US and prefer outsourcing.
Send me any work you've done/portfolio to:

[email protected]

Please title subject: BIZFAM so I can filter it to top

Also outsourcing rules because both sides win

OP I am looking to do something similar, maybe we could work together somehow, I also don't have much of an idea but I assume we could translate bigger things together for example. Please let me know.