What's a good backpack for light travelling ( laptop + a few clothes ) ?

What's a good backpack for light travelling ( laptop + a few clothes ) ?

Pic probably not related

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/14-15-15-6-Inch-Oxford-Computer-Laptop-Notebook-Backpack-Bags-Case-School-Backpack-for-Men/32678130888.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How much clothes are we talking and for what occasion? Maybe a weekender bag would be more appropriate

Pic also probably not related

going to bump/highjack this thread

need something slim for 13" laptop with an external pocket and at least one water bottle sleeve. much appreciated

Weekend in another town or travel for a month around Europe kinda thing.

Biker backpacks are goat. Simple elegant design and comfy. Mine looks small but holds significantly more than I thought.
13" is fucking huge my dude. Are you just starting uni and need that? If so I know a better approach cause that's way over the top

13" laptops aren't that huge. did you misread it at 15" or 17"?

Scratch that, I'm a fucking idiot. 13" screens aren't that big, I miss read that at 17". Any who, depends on the fit man. Typically fa if going to post some cheap backpack that's over designed to hell and would only work on a review at fit and a lot of the nicer backpacks forgo water bottle holders. I'd recommend just saving for a really nice water bottle and backpack without the water bottle pocket and just store it inside the bag. I do that and have never had a leak or any issue when I have many many electronics in my bag

*techwear
Not "review at"
Holy Fuck my writing and reading comprehension has gone downhill since finals season started

Jansport is the only backpack one should get

>MacDonald's is the only food you should eat

>*McDonald's

>Dicks are the only body part I put in my mouth

As a person that travels a lot for trips for long weekends - 1+ week and few times a year for longer periods, I can tell you that different kinds of trips ask for different kinds of luggage.

For the weekenders you can take whatever nice backpack you happen to like, for a longer trips you'll want something that's actually functional. During the long weekend you will not have enough time to get properly annoyed by your toploading backpack for example but believe me that it will piss you right off after the 8th night.

There are great alternatives for backpacks, my friends for example swear that Rimowa is the best invention ever, but then again it's a trollybag (or whatever you call them). They're expensive but apparently you'll only need to buy them once.

I'm actually looking for a backpack to replace my trollybag for certain trips, and the smaller Osprey's look to be the most promising. I will go check them in a shop to see how they look and feel live though. The most important thing when getting a travel backpack is not get too big one. You will not use most of that shit, believe me. If you want space, get a Rimowa.

Herschel make really good bags. I picked up the first one in this pic (black and brown variation) and it was a worthwhile purchase. The inside has a checkered red/white colouring which is also quite nice. You can fit a lot inside it too.

Looks a lot better when you can actually see it instead of in pictures so don't be put off if you don't like what you see.

Would definitely recommend.

I really like these designs but they are expensive for a bag for me... never spend $100 on a backpack before. Does anywhere sell them in stores so I can see them in person?

I'm a brit so I wouldn't know of any American stores that stock these. I picked mine up from an urban outfitters so try that or maybe Bloomingdales?

Yeah $100 is a lot for a bag. It's the most expensive bag I've ever paid for but I can tell that I won't be needing to buy another bag for a long time. I don't put much in mine besides a few books, a water bottle and some smaller items but I can tell that if I wanted to load it with heavy shit, it would be alright. Looks quite nice with suits and casual wear if you get the black/brown one.

They've hit meme status and the overall quality has been on decline, would not recommend
The cost has also gone down. Save up and buy a better bag my man

Previous poster here.
I do not recommend these bags. I have one, few years old and all but one closing magnets are broken and even though it's big, it's super unpractical because it's a top loading bag. The material is only ok (even if I have the a special edition with better material), but by no means great. Not a comfortable bag neither. Also everyone has one nowadays so there's that. The other, smaller models might be good, I don't know.

Sandqvist. This brand is a bit pricey but the quality is superb. I bought mine almost 4 years ago and been taking it everywhere with me. Still in mint condition, not a single scratch or stain. Highly recommending.
Current models also got separate sleeves for laptop and iPad which can be pretty good if you are a techy kind.

I was looking at Osprey Farpoint 40. Think it'd be pretty good for what I do. But I'm wondering if it's ( or can be made ) small enough to carry around as a backpack daily.

That's the most "I am a tourist" backpack I have ever seen. It's so over designed and ugly that I would rather carry everything I needed in grocery store plastic bags on the verge of tearing apart rather than use that.

yeah go travel for over a week with your herschel fashion backpack and have fun

Def not. That bag is designed for travel or hiking.

Well yes obviously, but when backpacking the idea is to leave the bag wherever your staying at and carry your daily shit in something else. Everything depends on where you're going and for how long. For city trips or trips in which I don't change the location often I always take a cabin sized trolley bag + something smaller. But good luck travelling with that combo for a few months in Asia.

Protip: in some cases military backpacks can offer both the wanted fuccboiness and function.

i have a patagonia yerba
>has laptop thing
>plenty of space for other stuff
it's more /trv/-core than effay i guess

damn, i like this
24L is the perfect size and the top opening is great

Thoughts on the maxi kanken?

it looks like a purse

Found the exact same style on Amazon but its a generic version with good reviews. Is it too normie to buy a rip off of these rucksacks?

considering this for an everyday backpack

I know the exact one you're talking about: It's some chinese off brand sourced from here
aliexpress.com/item/14-15-15-6-Inch-Oxford-Computer-Laptop-Notebook-Backpack-Bags-Case-School-Backpack-for-Men/32678130888.html

if you're ok with replacing zippers yourself then go ahead

kaknker

Lots of people has the regular kånken, so if you care about that, you might want to find something else.

But it looks nice, and most people other than the autistic fucks on here won't care much,

What's better? The kanken classic or the kanken 13" laptop?

from what I can read the 13" laptop backpack is about .75 lbs instead of .64lbs like the classic. I want the lighter weight variant I just don't know if the laptop sleeve is worth it

I can't stand the name. It sounds too much like KANKER, especially in caps, which makes me say it out loud every time. It gives me feelings of frustration, aggression and violence all at the same time.

>GODVERDOMMEKANKER

moet je niet onze lieve koning eren vandaag?

That shit's so basic, it's on the pH scale.

Dumbshit, the exact opposite of basic is on the pH scale

>I failed basic chemistry

basic is on the pH scale. what r u talking about

should've worded it better. being on the pH scale doesn't make something inherently basic

Herschel

just thought about it for a second. both basic and the exact opposite of basic are on the pH scale. mind is getting blown here

20L is about all you will ever need. Just get a backpack. A week's worth of clothes and some electronics doesn't take much space.

You can go as low as 10L if you are travelling in a war, country and without many luxuries (eg a camera, laptop).

t. someone who backpacks with a goruck sd 20

no you need to just stop being a phonefag

For hiking this is a valid argument, for travel it is not. The longest you will wear your backpack is maybe a 15 minute walk inside the airport. With less than 5 kilos of luggage you could happily carry it in plastic shopping bags with no problem.

Kånka means "to carry something heavy" in Swedish, so Kånken means "the carrier" pretty much.

>teenager that has never done longer trips than a weekend nor ever travelled outside of his country without his parents or longer period of time than 5 days makes an argument.

I'm pretty sure it means "cancer".

Ironically plastic bags are probably actually more convenient for travel than a herschel backpack.
1. equally distributed weight if you have two
2. better access to your belongings
3. easier to pack
4. looks better
5. cheaper

I have backpacked for 6 months contiguously and counting...

Across half a dozen countries and more than a dozen cities.

these honestly look like shit and are cheap as chips these days. Would not recommend.

those are kind of cool but you get an actual military surplus bag (Germany, Bulgaria, Sweden Norway, etc) for a fraction of the cost and not look like a complete Veeky Forumsggot

I'm female and what other body type should I place in my mouth other then my bf tyrell's mouth?

I just have a tech backpack from Tigernu on Aliexpress, it's not too bad desu. I'll post pics in the morning. Good quality, cheap, and it's not some disgusting black/red shit.

kek

The bobby bag by xd designs is a good secure bag

you absolute fucking morons...

I only settle for bagjack