Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-vWlIvfQTck&t=9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>ANY YEAR, ANY CENTURY, ANY MILLENNIUM.
>MUTILATING ONE'S BODY.

Would look cool?

xd

Looking for feedback:
I'm looking to get a new piece on my Irish heritage. It's always been a major part of my family since my parents and grandparents came immigrated here. Problem is, every white guy in America has all the cultural symbols of the island already. Triskels, knots, crosses etc are all being used by frat boys with varying degrees of ancestry. Any suggestions on something that won't lump me in with the people who are conveniently Irish one St. Patrick's Day?

sorry for the broken grammar, a little drunk

tattoos are retarded

One day, I'm getting a variant of this but drawn by my sister.

pretty cool, but people in the future probably won't know what a G-shock is. But, this tattoo wouldn' tbe cool if it was just a normal watch.

>irish
>drunk
Who'd've thought?

xd

I dunno mate what county are your family from pick a coat of arms representing that or something.
A better idea would be getting an irish landmark or part of the landscape so it's not easily identified as irish unless you choose to mention it.

Getting your family's coat of arms would be cool. I'd get mine but it has big sections of black that don't transfer to a tattoo well

Dún Laoghaire–Rathdown looks okay but obviously it depends on where you're from and it would probanly be better if you used the coat as inspiration and not just tattoo the entire thing.

That family coat of arms thing is mostly bullshit for tourists mate, like my family name has either Norman, English or Scotish roots so it could be either ones coat of arms so you really need to research it.
I mostly see the coat for the English family despite mine being the Scots so you can't fuck about lad.

Where abouts are your ancestors from? There's tonnes of good stuff you could get depending on which county your from.

what the fuck

Every single tattoo posted in this thread is supremely gay.

So, how old are you people and when did you get your first tattoo?

I'm 23 and have wanted a tattoo since before I turned 18 but I have le conservative family who doesn't like it. Also, I'm a bit of a wuss.

>both sides of my family are nearly entirely irish (some anglo)
>come from a part of the world that literally speaks like this
youtube.com/watch?v=-vWlIvfQTck&t=9
>yet muh heritage shitters make me feel cringey when i talk about it
"wew"

I'd say get a tattoo that means something to you and will mean something twenty years down the road
most tattoo art that you don't pay a month's rent for is basically just doodles that won't ever come off

Pint of Guiness and a potato

The only acceptable Irish tattoo.

I'm Irish, from Ireland. Trust me. We're prolly cousins.

Anyone have a profile of a whole neck tattoo with someone who has a strong jawline?

Fore arm or side of chest on ribs?

on your penis where no one will see it

dear lord is that ugly

I wanna get a kingdom hearts tattoo
I've love the franchise for a long ass time and I get feels whenever I hear the music
For a long time Ive been seeing the cringey ass keyblade tats turned me off for a while but now I've been thinking about less explicitly cringe things
What if I got a sea salt ice cream or a paupu fruit tattoo
It would obviously be super tiny and subtle
Idk
Also another idea I had for a video game tat would be a darksign from.dark souls. Idk if I'll.ever do it but any thoughts?

Do whatever you want but be comfortable with answering "what is that/ what does it mean?" for forever. I wouldn't want to talk about riku and sora sucking goofy's toes forever but that's just me.

Am I effay yet

I'd follow your intuition on that. I typically find that video game tattoos are best when they aren't explicit iconography (like zelda triforces, blah) but when they reflect something poignant and cute and well designed from within game. I like both your ideas.

proper arty stuff

cool lines

fun design, i really like it

I want to get some sort of raven tattoo. I was thinking this style of design would be good but perhaps a bit cleaner than this particular image.

Ribs or left pec ? Also a what would be a good size

I want to get a tattoo of a mushroom for personal reasons, but I have no idea what kind of design to go for. all the good designs I find are just drug/psychedelia designs, which is nice but not really me. Has anyone seen any more interesting takes on mushrooms?

Pic related are some of my style influences and some of the mushies I like, but I can't help but feel it's all a little blah.

Left pec, it'll be like the aegis of Athena

Fist sized

Just got this done yesterday

The androgynous will inherit the earth

Darksigns and a lot of soulsborne stuff are cool because they are symbolic and have meanings a non gamer can understand
Like how a darksign means death and rebirth and a bonfire can mean security and safety

10/10 would berry dick

its a bretty gud tattoo tho, are you gonna get any more

Are you an Odesza fan?

Yeah they were the first people I ever saw live and it was before they got big. Didn't go to many concerts or festivals as a kid until I saw them.

Can't get a picture right now but I have the dark sign on my pack where I have a bit of nerve damage after breaking my back then written next to it are the words, struggle suffer surive.

Have the tattoo guy add text that say, "The dole paid for this."

mom tat xd

look up botanical drawings of mushrooms

Is this effay?

I really love that, where do you think you would put it?

>art dealer here

One of my gallery owner friend is trying to get David Shirgley in town to do tattoos.

uggo as fuck

On the upper back towards the shoulders probably

Legit cringe

ask your tattoo artist

its your boy

Have a look at Jim Fitzpatrick's stuff, you might find something there. Most is based on Irish mythology

I don't usually browse this board but if I saw someone with a Doraemon tattoo I'd be so hype. It's kinda niche though. I feel like less than 5% of people would recognize it. If you like it, you should get it. If anyone thinks it's weird fuck 'em.

do it but get it in color (assuming that you are white)

>two anchors
>same floral pattern just rotated
why?

I've been interested in biology since I was a child and I was thinking a biology or evolutionary tattoo would look cool. Are trilobites effay?

A piece like that would look good on the wrists probably, I was also thinking of this going across the forefingers, in the correct order of course

His goofy tat is cool. The rest are shite

fav as of late

Damn bruh I know that feeling. I remember seeing them just after they released Summers Gone and I've seen them six times since then. I am super stoked for their upcoming Red Rocks show.

Big fan of the tat.

sorry mate that just looks goofy as fuck to me

I personally think this is fantastic but I'm a sucker for collages featuring plants and animals

Wow you really are Irish

MUH

I've got to finally get into Gira's other projects. His solo acoustic show was 10/10, is angels of light similar?

Yeah I want to dip my kitters paw in ink and bring it into a shop and get it tatted on my ankle or something pic related is kitters

Thats not Goofy is Tom and Jerry :^}

you mean Pluto? I don't see goofy

looks ugly as fuck
can hand tats even be fa?

Yes

One of the most basic bitch science tats, right next the chemical structures of THC and acid. Haaving across the fingers is kind of cool, but its still a thing every undergrad gets.

Could've been cool but I think they're too big and I don't like the style/shading.

I only like japanese style tattoos, what do you think about them?

Yeah my bad haha

I get planned to be tattooed by this dude. His books are closed currently tho.

Mixes Japanese traditional with modern

Hey friends. Last tattoo thread someone posted this one Dali melting clock tat. Anyone have it saved?

I have a question

what's everybody's opinions about tattoos where it's the first part of a famous quote, but it cuts off so then you can just mentally put the rest of it there?

for example, i really like the quote in pic related, and it's relevant because ive spent the last few years getting in way better shape, wanna pursue an ideal physical stature, etc. etc.

now, im not a big fan of wordy tattoos, especially when they're quotes, but what about getting just "what a disgrace it is..." as a tattoo somewhere, so it's like a mantra/reminder almost

use a better quote than 'what a disgrace it is'

that sounds moody af, say something thats interesting in and of itself rather than only when given context.

Thoughts? Back of the shoulder, maybe?

how about your buttcheeks, edgelord

Maybe get the horse than sucks you in and drowns you in a lake. Pretty obscure Irish reference that only paddies are terrified of

lmao no.

y/n

outer forearm

i like it

whats wrong with it?

hard mode: you cant say "cringy" or "Edgy"

yeeee
its just gey

i just think of it like a stoicism "hard times make strong men" kind of thing

plus there's a bit of religious context in the ideas of virtue and suffering

You're an asshole

Why???????

Calm down mate, the ink will fade its not permanent nor will it damage the cat. I'm not a cat owner, but i'm a dog owner and I can always tell when someone gets worked up over animal abuse doesn't have a pet because you would know that wouldn't deal any harm.

I don't think dipping it would come out too well, maybe its name?

Looks nice? What's it about?