Why do men insist on still wearing leather jackets...

Why do men insist on still wearing leather jackets, when it's evident that it looks like complete shit and un-flattering on all body types.

I don't think he looks bad

The type of leather jacket the guy in that pic is wearing is ugly anyway. Wouldn't look good on anyone.

Some guys can pull leather off, it just depends on the guy and whether or not the garment is nice.

Leather jackets to me are all ugly especially biker ones. Idk why but they all look like shit.

Leather blazers however are the only type of leather jacket that looks good on certain men. I think it's due to the fact that there isn't a whole lot going on with leather blazers that makes them a little more appealing. They don't have any buttons, no ugly shoulder pads, no zips etc. You pretty much wear it like a regular blazer. It's so simple yet so stylish. But like I said, they only suit some guys...

Continued.

I'll admit that this isn't the best pic to back up my point about leather blazers but compare my pic to the guy in your pic. Leather blazers look good on the right person.

It's a functional garment. It's tough, and feels comfy when broken in. It will last forever.

I guess you wouldn't understand since you are probably a girly man anyway.

Leather blazers are cringey. You end up either looking like a sleeze-ball or dad-core.

I like the cafe-racer leather jackets personally. I also like the biker perfectos, but I can't pull them off. They look too boxy on me and I'm on the short side so it gives the impression that I'm "trying" to be tough or something.

maybe it looks bad because of beta numales?

Looks good though, just hes standing awkwardly and has a shit head

leather jackets pretty much only look good slim/fitted.

if your arms are 10" around, you're not gonna look good.

Even the coolest jacket on earth will look like shit when worn by a midget baby-faced asian.

Form fitting leather jackets are fucking cancer
We need more baggy jackets ala the Outsiders
Fucking kill yourself

the issue is that people buy perfecto models that are total shit and have no clue about proportions of their body and what compliments them

Lol that looks like shit tho and I call all your decisions into question

bach at it

haha that looks retarded you faggot

Wow another baby faced Asian cosplaying in a designer leather jacket. How original!

Properly-fitted leather jackets should only be worn by those with the confidence and height to pull it off. If you're riddled with acne, have shit hair, and are overweight in the slightest- you look like an impostor in your own jacket.

I forgot the title of the article, but there's an old post on a fashion blog that details the cultural heritage behind leather jackets, and the emotional baggage of the public that they carry.

I've a brown leather biker jacket that i fucking hate but i wont get rid of till i find a new one that isnt in the stupid biker style.
Other people seem to like it but its only redeeming quality to me is the worn in beat to shit fades its picked up over the four or so years and how fitted it is.

i think the term your looking for "girly man" is faggot

i bought this leather jacket because it was on sale. i dont own any jackets with a stand up collar and i thought it looked sort of cool. what do you think? ugly?

>lanky manlet asian faggot wearing a biker jacket
>"omguh leather jacket suck now dururududurd"

Height, posture, the construction and proportions of the body should all be taken into account with moto-jackets like in OP's pic. That's why built manbears always wear them best, not people like pic related.

How do I fit ? Poster in another thread said that I might look good in another style leather jacket, but didn't clarify which kind I should try.

>when it's evident that it looks like complete shit and un-flattering on all body types

wrong

he's too much of a pudgy manlet too pull off that beautiful slp jacket not that he looks bad but for all the money

it just looks tacky to me. i hate cheap looking leather jackets like that with the plastic looking zippers and fake distressed leather, pockets everywhere, and the shoulder things.

>bright lining

I hate when jackets do this.

Oh lad, there are so many different kinds of leather jackets. Take the classic and extremely sexy cattleman for instance. It will last you your whole fucking life if you take care of it, and the more rugged it gets the better it looks.

>Mad about leather jackets
>shows variety of pleather

It's all wrong

i look exactly like this dude

doubt it

that is bad looking. sleeves should be shorter and have no pockets to maybe look decent

I'm sure lots of teenage, skinnyfat white guys with shaggy hair think they do too. If you have proportions this good you don't need to be taking advice from this place

Speaking of that, how does one pull off a contemporary Indy look? Being serious here.

>looking bad

I want to know this as well

>built manbears
nobody is trying to see fat asses in leather jackets sorry

This is awful

looks fine

What? The only times I've ever been complimented by girls my age was when I was wearing a leather jacket, and it's a shitty Marshall's tier leather jacket.

Is this you?

>2017
>not wearing leather jackets

top pleb

seriously pham step up or step off

leather jackets look great on men, just depends on the guy

saint laurent should have a height scale at the entrance like on an amusement park ride. It sounds mean but it's in everyones best interest really.

Be built like mr. Ford. Without the body you just look like a twat.

You have to be at least reasonably jacked to look good in a leather jacket.
Fatties and Holocaust Jews need not apply.

I wouldn't try to justify the leather when the most cringey thing about the jacket is those buttons and zippers

>un-flattering on all body types

I'm not disagreeing with you in total but I want to point out that many leather jackets require breaking-in. They're "supposed" to look shit and over time mold to your form and develop patina.
Another thing is they're niche so getting a decent one is more of a problem than it once was.
Like, a jacket that costs you a grand today is the kind of jacket a guy in the 1930s could pick up at Sears.

It's kind of like how most suits today are shit because most men don't live in the things anymore. If we all wore suits all the time you could cop very good suits easily and for less money.

try being in decent shape, for starters

let me guess, you're a faggot yuppie. Fuck your dubs, nigger

pls tell me that's not actually you.

Fuck off with the holocaust-victims

Bearmode is the best mode to wear leather jackets and you know it.

jealous?

better dead than out of shape tbqh

Do you think this one looks bad? girls and a lot of other people seem to like it
I made a thread about it 1 or 2 months ago I think it looks better zipped up but I prefer to leave it like this
btw this one costd me 20 not 6000 like the one that gook is wearing

I've seen worse but wtf are those two clasps just sitting in the middle of the jacket for

looks like really cheap "leather" desu

Absolutely.

what jacket is that?

Guess you should die then

dunno i think they are useless the jacket was made by chinks

People always seem to get upset when I post on here

Let's me know I'm on the right track

Also I'd like to see any twink on this board outlift or outrun me

Zilli from a few seasons ago. If you like it just show them the picture and they will make you one

>this one costd me 20 not 6000

Yeah you can tell

looks pretty bad and you look like a serial killer.

shit don't even look like leather. It looks like that plastic material they use for raincoats.

looks cheap af

uninstall urself

>hoodie under leather jacket

who the fuck started this awful trend

ur mother lol

Fuck the twinks. But I meant you don't look like you're in shape in that jacket. And hurr durr I probably bench more than you

fuck yes i love this

Underrated

Being shaped like a pear may be a shape that you are in but it doesn't mean you should strive for it

I was a track runner in high school. I'm sure I can outrun your fat ass

That is my ultimate goal. Already got the legs and the height but still need about 10 kilos less and a bit longer hair.

Lookin fresh

You look like my speed dealer. Only he'd never wear a leather jacked

hedifags may be the only group worse than hypebeasts

ok fattie

spending thousands of dollars to try to look like a drug addicted rockstar is surely the antithesis of the appeal of being one, no? of course, people that like slp don't have the self awareness to realize that

leather jackets are shit unless they are oversize, real and old. Biker leather jackets are always ugly and gay though. I hate them even if chicks wear them.

Be Harrison Ford.

Techno Mennonite core very avant garde

I gotta say, the classic Perfecto style jackets with the diagonal zippers and big collar look terrible on pretty much everyone.

I prefer the racer style with the straight zip, short collar, and more symmetrical design.

That beard ruins it desu

Lol I bet you're still in high school

I weight 145 pham. If anyone is fat here it's you

Those two and this one is how it's supposed to be pulled off

biker jeans in 2017

jacket is nice, though

looks like shit

sleeves too long imo

you pretty much have to be a skelly to pull off leather jackets

False.
You have to be large and ripped. Leather jackets add a lot of bulk, so looking good in one really depends on not only having a large frame, but also having some significant muscle tone to support it. If you're too thin or too flabby it just looks like an ill-fated costume.