on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jho410x1SOM
youtu.be/KWxXB6ca0ZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ulHluy20PWU
youtube.com/watch?v=TTAU7lLDZYU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is it me or do girls just love Acqua di Gio Profumo. It's the only fragrance I have and girls always say I smell amazing.

Any other perfume that girls find invisistible? I was thinking about getting Dior Sauvage as well

If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...

So, are there batches of Aventus that aren't sweet? I can smell everything there, I can smell the pineapple, but it isn't sweet. It smells very fresh, dark, woody, and slightly tart. Zero sweetness, though. Is it my skin?

>I can smell everything there, I can smell the pineapple, but it isn't sweet. It smells very fresh, dark, woody, and slightly tart. Zero sweetness, though.
Na it smells the same to me. The only thing that brings out the sweetness is when I put a drop of water on the area I applied the fragrance, try that. And it's more of a candy sweetness than your typical sweetness.

Ahh, you're too fast for me. Was making this to use for the pic.

Most Veeky Forums bottle, I just love starring at that thing. Also wore this today and the refreshing mint notes got me going through a rather tedious day.

>Tom Ford Costa Azzurra

Have been meaning to get a sample of this. Loved it when I sprayed it in-store last fall. Part of me doesn't want to bother, because I don't want to add another expensive bottle to my want list.

Ok, good to know it's not just me, then.

I like interesting aquatics. Creed MI is one of my favorites, I figured CA might be something I'd like. Ordered a sample of Creed Erolfa as well, but it hasn't arrived yet.

I'll sample CA in a bit once this stuff's worn off.

I'm looking for something for the Autumn and Winter since I mainly have Spring/Summer scents.
I want something that can project in the cold, I tried Hot Water and Aramis Black and liked Aramis after the drydown.
I'm 24, so I still wonder if Aramis is too old man like.
I was thinking of copping some CDG samples, maybe Black and Wonderwood. My budget would be £60 at most. It may be hard to find legit CDG bottles at that price though.

So I like Byredo Bal d'Afrique a lot but it's a little too sweet for me. Should I try Byredo Westbrook, or is that really not very similar?

You should try Vetiver Tonka, then Vetiver Fatal.

I'm most excited to smell Amour Nocturne, Fauna, Egoiste, Secretions Magnifiques, Enigma, Arso and Passage d'Enfer.

wyd after smoking this

I was just looking at both actually. I don't usually like vetiver, tonka, or gourmands so I'm skeptical of VT. But I'll put Fatal on my list to try.

can tar notes be done well? The thought of it intrigues me, but the only one I've smelled is a ds & durga one I forgot the name of and it was very unpleasant.

Has anyone tried Mistral Patchouli? The reviews and description on Luckyscent make me want to try it, but the reviews on Fragrantica make me think I wouldn't like it.

Hey guys

Where can I buy a vintage bottle of La Nuit besides Ebay?

Please help

I'm only a few months into my fragrance journey but GIT is the only frag that was love at first sniff so far. How often do you guys find a scent that you know you love straight away?

You could try the Fragrantica or Base Notes forums. People buy/sell/trade on there a lot.

Love? Not very often. Like 5% of everything I've tried, at most.

why would you need vintage la nuit? it's mall tier shit

is jeremy retarded for liking it so much?

yes

rarely, it only happened with black aoud and tilda swinton (only the opening)

I just got Tres Nuit and it smells like a man whose favorite band is Dave Matthews band. Is this what CW and GIT smell like no thanks

youtu.be/jho410x1SOM
2:25 says it all. it's still a great smell.

there's nothing wrong with trying to find the better performing vintage. but personally, i'd avoid the hassle and just stock up on travelers and reapply as needed.

i love the sillage and longevity, wish my DG the one and TF NE performed as well

Can someone explain the appeal? I tried it but I really preferred Wonderwood to it. Is it just not for me?

It's not for you, move on, try it again in a couple months to see if you still feel the same way.

Pulled out my vial of Kouros from my box of samples to use as lighter fluid and... I mean... I still can't wear it, or wouldn't wear it outside the house... but I'm enjoying it somehow?

Anything similar to Hermes tdp that wont give me a headache?

I hated it in A*Men at first, but it grew on me.

I have found that the frags that I now hold in the highest regard are many of the ones I didn't instantly fall in love with. I submit that a love built through gradual discovery is stronger than love at first smell. Of course I still like many frags I took a liking to immediately, but they're not top 10 scents.

I instantly fell in love with GIT too, btw. How could we not? I still love it, even though I don't wear it much any more.

It's lavender and orange peel.

Embrace the beast. It yearns for hot weather and sweat.

Bow to your god

youtu.be/KWxXB6ca0ZQ

I put it in the same category as Leather Oud, where it's just so fucking evocative of some past experience or memory or type of place... Like they have some kind of nostalgic or therapeutic effect and are worth keeping around on that basis alone.

>chai-purr
>fat joe's signature scent (?!?!?!?!)

I hope this guy has friends and people who love him.

Could you guys give me some recs, I want to build a complete wardrobe of frags and I need to hear some thoughts about those:
>dior homme/dh intense
>ysl la nuit de l'homme
>cdg man 2/cdg wonderwood
>terre d'hermes
>tom ford tobacco vanille
>bleu de chanel
Personally I like dh intense more than dh.
I've enjoyed the smell of la nuit though i remember someone wrote here that it depends a lot on their production date.
Havent tried any cdg frags and bleu de chanel, enjoyed terre d'hermes a bit more than dior homme. Fell in love with tf tobacco vanille, are there any cheaper alternatives?
Oh and I also own Gucci pour homme from 2003 and I love it.
I'm just getting into frags so what should I check out now?

>what should I check out now?

since you're not very specific post image and music and we may help you find fragrances

I dont think there are "essentials" per se

wonderwood almost smells like sweat/urine

Daily reminder that Jermey is trying to get you to buy an softer inferior Dior Homme Intense/Valentino Uomo.

Terre d'Hermes? Apparently Armaf Club House Belmont is similar. There's also a TDH fraiche flanker.

Molton Brown Bushukan is kind of similar buy with lemon instead of orange. Less funky to my nose. I like it, but the body wash version smells better than the EDT.

Looking for a long lasting summer scent. Any ideas?

ADG profumo, dior sauvage

youtube.com/watch?v=ulHluy20PWU

youtube.com/watch?v=TTAU7lLDZYU

I'm very honest with people, calm, unemotional, always relaxed, not depressed, mostly happy with my life.

Sauvage lasts maybe 3-4 hrs on my skin with 15 mins of projection. Shame because i love the smell

Goddamn, that grill is qt as fuck. I'm a bit jealous.

I tried again and I used a little water on the area like you said. I smell it now. It's more subtle than I was expecting, but I do get that sweetness, almost smells like pineapple jam. Doesn't last long, though, once it dries, it's gone.

do you even Majda Bekkali

it's a pretty typical woods/incense combo. It's good but repetitive. And wonderwood is nearly avangarde in it's simplicity. Also staying power in 2 is a joke.

I wonder if anybody here smelled anything from Olivier Durbano. Black Tourmline is simply the most dark and obscure yet beautiful fragrance i've ever smelled.

I'm considering buying some Thierry Mugler A* fragrance for the colder months.
Am thinking of getting samples of A* Men and A* Pure Coffee.
Any other flankers I should try/avoid?

>dior homme/dh intense
i'd shoot for regular homme - it's good if you have ballz to pull off a bit more feminine scent.
>ysl la nuit de l'homme
overrated, don't bother
>cdg man 2/cdg wonderwood
have both and i'm way more satisfied with wonderwood, also >terre d'hermes
sure if you're over 30 or look like you're over 30.
It's beautiful but somehow wearing it everyday is tiring.
>tom ford tobacco vanille
can't say anything, didn't smell this one
>bleu de chanel
overpriced but best in "i wanna smell clean" category

avoid pure coffe that's for sure. Now imo the best one is pure leather, but it's hard to get. Pure havane and pure malt are the most popular. For me personally those are just meh, expecially pure malt.
Also pure tonka b*man and ultra zest are really good.

I agree with this guy about Pure Coffee. Didn't like it one bit. Never tried Pure Leather, didn't care much for Pure Tonka.

Personally, I love Pure Malt. It has this sort of fruity, boozy, malty vibe that I just love. Not for everyone, though. Definitely sample first.

What are the most sexy, alluring, seductive scents you own? I want something for when I'm dancing with a lady and she comes in close, she gets a whiff of something that just makes her eyes roll to the back of her head because of how it smells

I want to pick up a perfume because I always smell neutral or I guess sweaty when I've been very active. But I noticed that some people (girls, mostly) smell nice and now I'd like to smell nice as well so I'm choosing babbys first perfume.
Would from this guide bulgari blu pour homme be a good choice? For wearing every day I guess, spring/summer. I live in the Netherlands and that bottle is €50 so if possible not that much more expensive.

Get ADG profumo or sauvage bro. It's gonna please the people around you the way you want.

I just bought this from Target for like 29 dollars, did I do good? I'm a poor fag, I hope I spent my money well.

yeah you did good.

Any of the Margiela frags liked around here? Bought some samples/decants to test as there is no way I'd be able to find a place locally that even sells them.

I received 1/2 of my order! (those scrambled below)

Will receive other half in 1-2 days. I put on Opus I and it reminds me of the dentist.

So, I learned something interesting today: I cannot smell ISO-E Super.

I tried a spray of my sample of Molecule 01, after the initial alcohol smell, I got... nothing. It is completely undetectable to my nose.

>no way to find a place locally that sells them
>what is Sephora

Yeah, what is Sephora? Don't have those here.

Chain of fragrance stores that mostly carries what you can find in department stores, but sometimes carry nice stuff. I think they have stores worldwide? It's really popular in the US and Canada.

>Sephora
There is seriously one full blown one in my state and it doesn't have Margiela.

That's what I've heard about it.

But others can smell it, apparently.

Fireplace is a nice smoky borderline gourmand but too sweet for me, Jazz Club is a nice smoky rum and coke that I find cloying after a few hours, Across Sands is really nice and feels like a cross between Plum Japonais and Tuscan Leather. Beach Walk is on my list to try though it's probably too feminine for me.

All in all from what I've experienced they make fairly pleasing, linear scents with above average performance.

>Favorite perfumer finally rereleases my old favorites from literally over 10 years ago
>Except one
>The best one from the line

WHY
WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS

Don't be coy, who and what?

i rate OPUS I

72/100

i have untitled which i really like, even though when i first tried it it reminded me of that hospital smell
my gf uses tea escape which i also really like

the cdg oilfactory libary just released at dsm

Trying not to spend $500 right now, damn it. Wish they'd released them in 15-30ml bottles.

i hope my local shop gets them so i can try all of them

i just smelled them from the inside because i couldnt wait

my favorites will probably be noir exquis, oudmazing, amour nocturne and ile pourpre

they all smelled pretty interesting though, my only regret is the fucking OPUS collection, at least from the inside they all smelled like fucking shit

the profumum samples werent too good neither, especially olibanum, rancid. but ill have to try first

i forgot l'homme sage.

It's actually nice to be able to turn down the volume on my DH a little. Prada L'homme is getting much heavier rotation for me.

Victrix

Yeah, apparently some people have olfactory blindness to it. Seems like I'm one of those people. Evidently, if it's blended with something else, you can smell it, but on its own, you can't if you're one of those people.

Very interesting.

Is there anyone in this Thread who can smell it?
The molecules are really strange. Till yesterday I thought it's all just marketing and an esoteric perfume. But I tried some samples with a friend of mine and when I sprayed Molecule 02 in my wrist she instantly went:"That's how you smell. That's so you. Just your body odor." Strange

Oh yeah and that was while I wasn't smelling anything. Which makes sense when it smells like me.

Put a little of my Tom Ford Oud Wood (which I like even though I'm not an oud or wood fan) sample on my hand before bed. In the morning it doesn't smell at all like it did last night, but what is left smells amazing.

Yeah, I can. It's sort of a subtle woody, vetiverish kind of smell to me. I prefer 02.

Help me, guys, is this fake?

I was given this advice

and now I see this
are dior sauvage and aqua di gio profume ironic recommendations? I went to the store today to smell them and thought they were okay

They are crowd pleasers, women in particular love them. Not groundbreaking scents or anything.
What are you looking for in a fragrance?

>They are crowd pleasers, women in particular love them.
yeah, that's what I'm looking for, lel
I was just afraid that it was the equivalent of fit's SS + GOMAD

Oh ok then you can't go wrong with either of them
>equivalent of Veeky Forums's SS and gomad
Ayy lmao /plg/ frequenter here kek. Not fat and autistic tho dw

Anyone here experienced with Imaginary Authors? I originally didn't like their concepts/branding but now I've opened up to it and it intrigues me. The prices are very reasonable for niche-esque stuff, I might look for a sampler.

Favourite scent?

>Is there anyone in this Thread who can smell it?
Yes, but i don't particularly like it on its own.

I can easily detect Iso E Super. It smells like pencil shavings or wood litter for small pets.

Nope, have a few on my list but have had other priorities. Agree on the branding being a bit of a turn off; feels like an Urban Outfitters or Anthropologie product, the Crosley turntable of perfumes. I can't tell if I actually dislike it or if I just hate myself for liking it.

I can't see the batch code so I'd say yes