Carhartt/Workwear Thread

How do Carhartt WIP Detroit jackets fit? Mainly in the arms and body length.

I have an XL denim jacket that fits oversized and I'm thinking an XL Detroit.

Also general workwear thread.

That would be an INTERSTELLAR fit, know what I'm saying?

I want to be MM, this jacket is the first step :^)

I believe the workwear detroit fits baggier than the WIP one. People report the sleeves being annoying, for instance.

But I have little experience of either: do you know which one is closer to the Instellar one's fit?

I prefer the one from looper.
I have a Carhartt Sheffield jacket in small and its got plenty of room under there for cosey layering so they aren't slim fitted or anything.

I'm pretty sure the Interstellar one is original, not WIP.

>try on pic at a boutique
>feels physically wet despite never touching water
>crazy stiff with no give, probably even more so than brand new raw jawns
10/10 jacket, would buy if not poor.

Best colour to get? I kinda like them in green

I saw this one today. I don't think I would cop. They're selling a cord collar shirt with similar colours to OP's which I'm thinking of copping. Since it's kind of like an unlined detroit and the blanket lining is less versatile in my climate.

waxed cotton my dude

>denim jacket with zippers
wew lad

I'm waiting for this Dickies one in the mail, very keen. Hoping it fits well

I've already got a corduroy chore coat that I live but this one should be nice too

Photo of the cord one I posted a year or two ago

what do you guys think about the EG workaday line? thinking of copping

Its a bit too orange for my likes. But it could definitely be cool

I got a Dickies one which is kinda like an unlined detroit. Thing has ridiculously narrow shoulders, though. I'm thinking this might have been made for Asians.
It's a medium with like... XS shoulders.

Shit... I ordered this one from Yahoo JP, chest and length were right but there was no shoulder measurements

Should find out soon I guess

FYI it's 17.5 inch shoulders for the medium I had.

I think its cool, get it

Taylor Stitch is offering this chore coat with jpaanese blanket lining, thinking of copping. I just dont know if i like the big pockets though.

W2C

The overalls are nice

I got it from Yahoo JP for ¥900

You can probably find something like it on etsy or ebay, just search corduroy chore coat or corduroy coverall

I have an active jacket
Is it supposed to be that baggy
It's an M size, I'm 5'10 140lbs and it's huge

What's an active jacket? If its like a chore coat then yeah they're meant to be bigish

All their stuff is going to fit oversized, that's just how they make their stuff as most of their customer base are fat blue collar men who look for functionality more than anything.

That's not to say carhartt can be made into a very nice rugged outdoorsy look or a more modern hipster look. It all depends on how you wear it and what you wear it with. Now if you're going for a more contemporary look instead of the rugged outdoorsman I'd recommend going 1 to 2 sizes down as stated before, their products do fit large in general and most of the stuff you own will be more form fitting.

detroit fashion trending rn lol

Carhartt is pretty good, but everything they have, Dickies have cheaper
plus they're more widely available

what carhartt jacket is this?

How does Dickies compare quality wise to Carhart though?

I've not messed with much Dickies, but I love Carhart and buy their long and short sleeve shirts quite often. Super comfy, and the chest pocket is nice to have. Only wear I've had is my rear sights on my Glock tore a hole in one before I filed the rear sights down.

Dickies is definitely durable, I wear dickies shirts to work, never had a hole or tear in them. I have to throw them out when they get too dirty with oil or bleach to be washable

They chafe my nips a lot though

It's a WIP detroit. They're selling them on the AU WIP site at the moment.

Hi dad