The point of fashion to look good to others

the point of fashion to look good to others.
If people are not mirin you everywhere then stop trying

this dude is such a stunna holy shit

i wish i had even half that much confidence god damn

this guy is my favourite person

If you had that outfit I think you'd be pretty confident too.

How do I reach this level of confidence?

have we found /our guy/?

kys

>the point of fashion to look good to others.
low quality bait

I'll never be this confident about anything in life :7(

The ting that really amazes me about it is how apeshit everyone else in Shithole, Congo goes at the mere sight of the guy, I guess it must be staged to some extent, but still man.

pic is Saint Laurent SS18

I'd imagine it's not everyday you see a sharply dressed man in a neon suit stroll through a war torn country.

That guy in the background has an amazing outfit

Thom Browne ss18

fugg. I found a gallery of pics of these guys and it's actually pretty fucking amazing

For real though, isn't it like 100+ degrees there year round? How does he not destroy this stuff with sweat? Going by the drape it seems like way too heavy fabric for the climate, and three piece as well.

It's because he's so cool he's freezing

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Are those rape-pants?

this doc is incredible

I don't understand why there are so many people on Veeky Forums today that claim they are not dressing for others, some lying and some telling the truth.

If you're not dressing in a way that will please other people you're just dressing like shit, you're a fedora.
Is it that they are trying to claim they are so patrician that it is completely coincidental that their fits will look good to other people?

>Is it that they are trying to claim they are so patrician that it is completely coincidental that their fits will look good to other people?
No, they're trying to claim effectively artistry by only satisfying a personal aesthetic rather than the "plebs".

Of course art ALSO turned shit when it stopped striving first and foremost to please the masses, but these tards don't get that, they go all in with the pomo elitist sneer. It IS Veeky Forums, after all.

/watch?v=W27PnUuXR_A
they are called congo Dandies.

So it's like they're trying to pretend to be degenerate post-modern artists (whose work is garbage) as opposed to renaissance artists (whose work is self-evidently beautiful)?

Africans are bred to deal with heat, us snowniggers aren't

>Those poses

You can't please everyone.
Dressing to please the lowest common denominator, unless it's beneficial or required of you, is in and itself pleb as fuck.
That's why the true patrician develops his own aesthetic first and foremost for him self, ideally the end result is pleasing to the eye of others as well but that is not the primary goal of the pursuit

interesting

Pretty much.

I guess it's like making music or any other kind of art. Some people like certain kind of music, but I guess artists are trying to express themselves. At least real artists. Just because someone else feel their music/style doesn't mean it was made with them in mind.

Some people simply have taste, and no matter if they're minimalist/avant garde/hypebeast/dandy/preppy or something inbetween, they make aesthetically pleasing fits.

I for example lose my shit over acrnm and y-3, and my gf doesn't like it at all. She's more into secession art and fashion. We still can appreciate well made garments from different styles.