Art Thread

Discuss Fa Art

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dqYZS8Z5cZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=e-_92MYcANk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Klimt is the objective most fa painter of all time

anything vienna secessionism is Veeky Forums as fuck
Look up Klimts apprentice, Egon Schiele.
Also all of Wiener werkstätte stuff is nice. Koloman Moser as well.

yeah I started the thread with some Moser

Stubbs is a great

Ohhh yesss I love Schiele.

I like Francis Bacon, which has nothing to do with Vienna in himself but I wanted to know if someone else liked him in here

obligatory

Francis Bacon is interesting. Not a fan of his work, but it is certainly fascinating and amazing. A bit too much focus on the dark, twisted and sinister side of things for me desu. While this can be cool, I'm not a huge fan of the way he does it.

Favourite work is the screaming pope. That said I prefer the OG pope pic related

Example of someone who does the sinister 'Bacon-esque' thing and really pulls it off is Adrian Ghenie. Great stuff.

dumping some more Ghenie, cuz he dope AF.

i never really thought about going to art galleries before
but recently i went to one and i had a lot of fun
never really expected a painting would have such an impact on me
i know nothing about art really
but i had a great time there

Found this in a coffee shop magazine the other day, he makes collages using maps

fuck that's dedication. cool shit desu.

normally I hate contemporary art, but that is pretty cool

Let's try and stay on topic ;)

I believe it was the japs that came up with a word for the beauty of imperfection

Wabi sabi

gustave doré
da vinci

Oh shit did I learn that from Kim Possible?

Architecture sketches.

Hiroshi Sugimoto

>Spatial Concept, Waiting is one of a series of works Fontana made in Milan between 1958 and 1968.
laugh at this work and say you could do it too, but this is the type of work that's thinking beyond the box and going backwards of making art. This is everything Veeky Forums achieves to be. different, simple, elegant, but people will talk shit about it.

i just posted fucking thank you. this is my second favorite work

nice trips
can you explain any more about how this is particularly difficult to create/conceive? newfag here when it comes to art

Tehching Hsieh. Performance artist, locked himself in his studio for a year and took a photo on the hour every hour for 365 days.

I appreciate art by looking at it and thinking "oh, thats the final product." Understanding why the artist made it, his perspective, and then how I feel about it is the best way to approach art. You're free to have your opinion. If it's stupid to you then it is what it is and you don't have to assimilate your opinions to mine.

>Fontana first began puncturing the surface of paper or canvas in the late 1940s, blurring the distinction between two and three dimensionality. Recognising the importance of this innovation, he continued, through the 1950s and 1960s, to seek different ways of developing the hole as his signature gesture. The first Tagli were made in the late summer and early autumn of 1958. They comprised small, often diagonal incisions, composed in groups over unprimed canvases. During 1959 these tentative slits evolved into single, more decisive slashes, as in the present work. Each cut was made with a single gesture using a sharp blade, and the canvases were then backed with strong black gauze giving the appearance of a void behind. In 1968 Fontana told an interviewer that, 'my discovery was the hole and that's it. I am happy to go to the grave after such a discovery' (quoted in Whitfield, p.12).

is this Rodchenko?

Nicolas Alan Cope

i have this pic on socks

chinese literati art is very fa

Brett Whiteley

This might not be the right place but I'm looking for critique on this photo I took and also edited.
(Edited=threw a shitty filter on in this case, not gonna lie)

How do you display art on your wall?

And one of mine to finish.

the composition is nice, the there is good balance with a loose obedience to the thirds rule. The filter might be detractive, although it adds interest to a plain setting, it makes it feel very distinct to a time and an aesthetic.

Edmund is fa af

It's too obviously negative

Basquiat is pretty Veeky Forums

good :)

youtube.com/watch?v=dqYZS8Z5cZQ

Are you a fan on Richard Mosse - The Enclave?

You have the right direction with your picture, but I hate the artifacty-ness of it. Did you edit a heavily compressed jpg to get this or something

youtube.com/watch?v=e-_92MYcANk