No job already graduated a year ago

Call centers/recruiting firms don't help and neither does alumni/career center

I've literally applied to more than 300 jobs. Most of which were under my qualifications and exactly my qualifications. Most said I'm over qualified and I get the occasional idiot that says I'm under qualified

I don't have any hook ups for a job. I'm considering hanging myself this year. What should I do

In b4 major

It's neuroscience and business analytics

In b4 post resume

I've visited and paid "professionals" like IB bankers and tech engineers and they perfected my resume and I custom tailor it for each job

In b4 suck dick

I can't

In b4 thread gets ignored

You're not helping me by doing that for the 5th fucking time

It's frustrating how a fucking government major and English Major can get a job because of where they went and I can't depite all my potential

Out of all those applications I only got 3 interviews

Fucking help me, please.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tCA0jhVCFTw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

same boat as you, not to mention the average starting salary where i live is 300 euro

I am sorry user, I really feel for you because I feel like I might be in the same situation after I graduate...... I really got to get my shit together

They don't like your face, srs bro.

It's no coincidence that good looking and popular dudes (the so called "Chads") always get good jobs while being mentally retarded or average at shit at best and it's always the ugly ones that fail at everything have shit faces. Considering that those HR cunts are female and don't know jack shit about fuck all (hence the questions like "tell me about yourself", "what are your hobbies"), it's the only logical explanation.

And fuck everyone that tells you different.

>neuroscience

What do you study for 3/4 years in this course? It seems limited and a meme degree.

My employer used to run a workshop where long-term unemployed would get sent by the welfare office to get better at making CV and applications.

It's quite apparent what the dominant problem for these people was - almost all of them were unpleasant. You just didn't want to be around them for long.

Some were extremely insecure and felt the need to brag about shit all the time.
Some were super self-centered and would just go on and on about themselves in a conversation while completely ignoring anyone else.
Some - particularly women - just had a hostile attitude towards everything and everyone.

There were multiple versions of spergs - some were just super shy and awkward and couldnt really carry a conversation.
Others seemed relatively normal at first, but they had this thing where they would just kill a conversation. The weirdest one was this ugly cunt who would just randomly change subject of any conversation to organic food.

The course was pointless for 90% of these people. You can write the best application and CV in the world, but if the interviewer doesn't feel like you're a person they want to be around, you won't get the job.

--------------------------------------

OP, I'm sure you're a pleasant person to be around, and that none of these problems apply to you. But consider if that's also the impression you give at an interview.

I never get an opportunity to get a fucking interview in the first place to prove my social skills

>I've visited and paid "professionals" like IB bankers and tech engineers and they perfected my resume and I custom tailor it for each job

this is your mistake. peopel who are ibankers and tech engineers at headline companies and prestigious jobs usually have a very different resume than yours, and their employers look for very different things than employers at call centers

why dont you go to an actual resume/career service instead of people who have a very distorted and different perspective than what you require for your situation?

post resume. srsly.

Did brad pitt really throw his phone?

Have you ever seen a neuroscience textbook? The intro ones are like 1500 pages.

if you are aspiring to be employed you are a subhuman filth peasant.

18+ kid.you are trying too hard.

Right here with you OP, been a year since Uni as well, no job. Of all the applications i've submitted, the only phone screens/interviews i got back (3 of them) were the absolute bottom of the barrel shit jobs i did in desperation.

One job wanted me on 10 hour variable shifts, being able to come into facilities at an hours notice (it was a 24 hours facility) all at $12 an hour, it was a part time position too. It asked for a highschool diploma...
"w-well we sure would like to have you on board"
Fuck right you would. Cuck.

bachelor's degree preferred*

>neuroscience and business analytics

I did linguistics and even I had a job lined up before finishing uni.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

>Be me
>No degree
>Make more than that
>Job guaranteed for 3 years, more if I want it
>Free schooling
>Salary doubles after schooling

You guys suck at getting employed.

Yep.

>"w-well we sure would like to have you on board"
>Fuck right you would. Cuck.
And look at where you are now oh great one.

you have no job experience and cannot objectively define your qualification
so, what you do is start to send resumes to jobs you think you underqualify
also, post country and city you idiot, do you realize that this shit matters?

You're a year out of school, which I assume to be undergraduate school, and you don't know why you can't get a job when other people can. You're obviously frustrated because reality has not met your expectations. Don't take it personally. Use this as an experience to grow and learn more about life. It might be time to take a step back and re-evaluate your current trajectory. What situation do you want to see yourself in 5 years? 10? 25? Why? How do you know that you want that? Have you considered enough possibilities to make an educated decision on that right now? Or do you need more time and life experiences to know? What are you ignorant of and how is that preventing you from seeing the big picture?

My guess is you were under the impression that putting effort into your education would lead to financial stability. It can, but you have to use it. From what it sounds like, you're probably applying to the kinds of jobs where employers aren't going to take you under their wing and care for you simply because you have the qualifications. There's more to it than that. If you know someone then that helps, but if you don't that's fine too. You can do it by yourself, but you need to get your foot in the door. You don't have to go straight into a corporate, career job. Start small.

The community-level non-profit sector is a fantastic place to go if you need experience and context combined with a career trajectory. There are loads of community-based organizations looking for young people to take charge of a program or host of services; you are given a high level of responsibility, expected to work with a small team (or by yourself) and other partner agencies and community members. It may not be full time and it may not pay well, but it will give you an opportunity to challenge yourself and grow. If you go in there and use your brain, then you will grow a lot and it will be good for you.

Hahahaha get fucked. College doesn't guarantee you a job fuck boy. I've got no degree and make six figures as a web developer while idiots like you waste 4 years and thousands of dollars on a shaky investment.

You're not getting a job cause your attitude stinks. Stop feeling so entitled and fucking hustle.

Just curious, what sort of websites do you work on?

Fintech platform for marketplace lenders though I'm leaving for an interior design startup soon because they are offering even more.

In all seriousness I'm only 21 and have gotten more than one raise/bonus for the last 3 years. OP you have a step up above a lot of people because of your education. Squash your ego and get some experience doing unpaid internships or some shit.

If you tailor your resume to each job, then you must omit any references which make you seem over qualified.

That said, just straight up lie on your resume you have customer service experience, especially regarding answering phone calls and doing customer service.

This. Bullshitting in interviews has been key to my success so far. The fact that everybody else lies also means you're a cuck if you don't at least fudge the facts to get your foot in the door.

I should remind you, that this is completely justified because the role of a customer service representative is to persuasively lie to irate customers. You're simply practicing with your resume.

Make up a fake employment history, use your friends as your former bosses. Remember, the idea is to lie as much as possible to score an interview, and about a quarter of people who are employed are not employed because they went through the resume-interview process -- they got the position off of networking/connections on their own.

The world is crooked, and if you're the only straight man standing, you will suffer and die.

You are so full of yourself. Step down and show some humility even for jobs you could learn and do with your eyes closed. As of now you are probably just as unpleasant as you appear to be from the way you post.

Yep. Not sure if you're into quotations or anything, but here's one: "One should not be too straightforward. Go and see the forest. The straight trees are cut down, the crooked ones are left standing."

You can't just make things up out of thin air, but you can blur the lines that are already on the page and it isn't lying if you've done it before. The best bull shit always has substance; some evidence that deflects attacks against its legitimacy. The only thing that you should be worried about is the specific details of your exploits and how you can express them on paper and in person.

If you want to use a professional summary on your resume and you want to say you have 1 experience year in customer service, networking, social media and office operations, but you only worked the job that gave you those responsibilities for 8 months, then you say you have 1 year. If you're applying to a job that prefers applicants with basic computer skills and you know how to use the Microsoft Office Suite, but you don't know how to use it all, then you say you know how to use it because you could figure it out if you needed to.

If you legitimately do not have any work experience whatsoever, then you need to get some. The closer to some kind of basic, blue collar, manual labor job the better. You need to build character; suck up your pride and develop a new sense of self-security. If you know that you can conquer the basic job, then you'll know how to conquer a career job.

brah go to your city hall and apply for some comfy gubment clerical job

Why would anyone hire you? Because you have a degree? So do the hundreds of other people who applied.

What were you doing in college, did you do anything outside of school that shows initiative, leadership, interpersonal skills, or anything that employers might want? Did you join student societies where you could network with the people who'd be hiring you and meet potential industry contacts?

On the other hand, if they spend all of their time doing that and essentially never study, they might as well not be doing degrees at all then. Universities should be places of learning.

You are acting like a refugee. "B-b-but I have a d-d-degree! Why won't anyone hire m-m-me"

Dude...you have to be able to solve an employer's problems before they hire you in the current economy.

Their problems are: (1) need more sales. (b) Got to figure out how to cut costs..."

Figure out one or both of those and you'll get hired.

They are places of learning. Especially for young people just out of high school with hardly any individual life experience.

if you are looking for that extra income, find local jobs at www.heroesapp.io

100% this.

My applications/resumes are masterpieces of creative writing and since i grew up in places where hustling and scheming were a way of life (and sometimes death) i got very advanced skills in bullshitting and angle shooting.

If the job is not technical or rocket science type stuff where you goddamm well better know exactly what you are doing, feel free to do whatever it takes to land a spot.

They should be, but if you look at the other part of my post, I'm pointing out that employers are demanding that people essentially devote themselves to extracurricular activities full-time in addition to the time required to engage in rigorous study. The message being sent is that study and acquisition of knowledge itself doesn't matter, and just exists to tick a box alongside the extracurriculars, which become make-or-break for employers that won't accept anyone without extracurriculars. In the long run this will result in more people not taking degrees at all, as it's easier to acquire all those extracurricular goals when you're not trying to keep up the pretense of intellectual commitment to an academic field at the same time.

I am 29 and I have never applied for a job in my life, except pro forma to follow a company's hiring procedures. I've only ever received job offers, starting with one back in uni. I did an MSc immediately after a BSc and my thesis project involved doing some stuff for a company which offered me a job.

Which field?

Control systems (SCADA)

Meant to reply to

I hope

Oh Great and Powerful Smartass, teach your ways

try /r9k/

>web developer
>Fintech

Thanks for adding negative value to the economy

You have only started down the path of despair.

>graduated engineering school 5 years ago
>jobless the first year after(mostly my fault)
>got a shitty job, moved into a decent job
>laid off at 6 months for performance
>jobless for another year doing odd work for cash
>string up 18 months at shit jobs
>finally get a respectable job somewhat related to my degree
>get laid off after 6 months for performance

The despair lessens, but the urge to drink goes up. Living with family is not horrible. Nearly debt free with a few grand in cash. Once the unemployment runs out I am looking into trucking companies that train you.

This.

You didn't have a job during your entire degree?

Fuck m8, you could have at LEAST become a shift manager at McDonalds by the time you graduated and be in a better position than you are now.

How many people could you have met during that time while cooking fries... how many of them would have gone on to get better jobs... how many of them could now help you get a foot in the door... how many customers could have been employers in your field... it's like you don't want to win.

I earn about $120k p/y working from home but for shits n giggles I applied for a part-time job at a bank as a teller, $11.50 per hour. Pay was a joke but almost every customer with high net worth got along well with me, enjoyed intellectual conversation and I was given 3 or 4 business cards in the 3 months I kept the job.

Waffle

Be willing to actually do hard work.

Trades are always looking for people who aren't whiny little fuck holes who will complain every 4 seconds that they're being treated like shit.

Don't listen to this faggot. I'm even younger, make even more money and bang even hotter bitches.

Also be pretty

wow man... that's pretty crazy

what race are you OP?

>Others seemed relatively normal at first, but they had this thing where they would just kill a conversation

this is me. considering suicide

I'm always glad I never went to college.
I feel for you dude, best of luck.

Eh, extras are only helpful for those who don't have the life experiences requisite of a person with strong character. You don't need them unless you've been in school all your life, but even then you can show employers your character in other ways. Let's just say there's more than one way to skin a cat.

>graduated engineering
>path of despair

But that doesn't make sense user. You told me my arts degree was shit tier and your STEM degree was master race.

>tfw only 1 year into college and haven't learned shit.
>tfw have 3.5 years experience w/ an industry that has a lot of money being thrown around
>tfw hiring managers don't even care about degrees anymore

I started with a guy who just graduated law school and a poo in loo with a degree in psychology. They were given menial jobs while I am doing actual research work because I know the industry already.

Feels good man.

What industry is that?

Mediterranean mix; my complexion is white if that's what you're asking

I had a managerial role at a walmart while at school near home because I was ill

I've been increasingly thinking how dystopian it is that we have to compete with like 100 other applicants for the same job. Obviously we've become completely expendable since the supply of college educated retards is replenished each year and companies know this. They know that they can just hire the next qualified candidate that will work for the lowest paid wage and he'll have to take it too because he has no other options. I just don't buy that a college degree is worth anything these days. People get degrees because they think it will get them a job only to find that their "education" doesn't give them an edge over anything since every other retard had the exact same idea. And before anyone shills how much bettuhh their dahgree is dan might, I literally don't give a fuck, because every profession is so over-saturated that unless you went into medicine or something so highly specialized that there's only 100 of you world wide -- chances are your profession suffers from the same shit too.

The economy is now so shit that we have to create our own jobs and almost all of us here will fail to do that. And so, I browse biz looking for success stories and advice to keep going knowing full well that I'll probably never succeed simply because I wasn't born when everything was easy. I hope to god that the economy tanks just as the boomers are retiring and they have to experience the most turbulent, depressing years of their entire lives. We are in the same boat OP, its not just you.

>sent out 20 applications using around 3 to 4 templates I just copy paste together
>get a job on the 2. interview
>I realized that full time is shit and will probably quit soon to look for part time

You need to game the system and learn how people feel and how you can connect with them. It sounds like bullshit, but it's how the world works. The hard part isn't to get into the interview, it is to win them over once you got good RNG

What a shit screed that is. Dur hur, never be good at anything 'cause some tard's feewings might be hurt!

Do you guys have any luck with online applications?

I can't get jack shit from them.

Where I live in Canada I used to be able to walk into literally ANY industrial shop or facility and get a job straight away making $20 an hour.

I once walked into a drilling company's regional HQ and got hired on the spot for $28/hr for 40hrs/wk with mandatory overtime at $42/hr for 44hrs/wk, total of 84 hours a week making fucking cash hand over fist with two weeks have a month. I got in at the tail end of the oil boom before it crashed... lost my chance to put over $100k in the bank like I had planned. Still put away low five figures that I can stay comfy but I don't want to just sit around.

I'm going to go to grad school now but I'm also going to look into officer candidate school and maybe trying to get into aviation.

Just remember guys, we aren't supposed to have it all figured out at 23 or 25 or however old we all are. Just keep striving for better opportunities.

*two weeks off a month

Congrats OP. You're over educated and under skilled like the majority of millennials in the job market today. The good news is you can still go to trade school and actually develop a skill set that produces a tangible skill and service. You probably think that work is beneath you huh? Well enjoy living in your parents house until your 30's and working some crap retail job. There is a serious problem with actual work in this country.

>implying anyone who works in skilled trades is an alpha
You probably think 100k/yr is a lot of money

You're probably unemployed.

I'm a full time student :^)

Seriously though I've already held a better job than one in retail - I had a position of leadership at an IT company where I helped manage large scale tech projects, getting old PCs out of schools and bringing new ones in.

My parents would be more embarrassed of me if I was a plumber or steelworker than they would be if I was a retail worker anyway. Do not underestimate how much wealthy people judge those who get their hands dirty.

your parents are retarded.

Didn't stop them from being successful and living in a neighborhood people working in skilled trades could never afford to.

I have been there man. It sucks. My advice would be to just take whatever you can get and then job hop until you get something you like.

I'm studying full time and working full time, trying to get into IT project management/business analysis. Got any tips?

I work in it project management for an f500, and I have some advice for you.

Don't listen to this faggot, he scraped the bottom of the barrel in the it world (education), and his opinions on getting your hands dirty means he'll never get anywhere in life because he thinks you need to outsource/delegate difficult or tedious work. With that type of attitude he's going to struggle in any profession of real expertise, because in white collar work you get paid for what you know amd what you can do, and the only way to really learn is to do.

To get ahead, you need to do work others can't or won't, and you need to get recognition for that work. I got where I am today because I have specific language and technical skills no one else at my firm has, and that combined with my development of soft skills by working customer service in college means I'm good at people and technology in a way most people aren't.

You want to get ahead? Do something that others can't or won't do, and get recognition for that work. It's that simple.

Thank you. It would help me a lot if you were more clear in what you're advising though. Should I drop out of uni and go to a tech school to become a plumber?

>bottom of the barrel in the it world (education)

Also I'm not sure what you mean by this and

>Do something that others can't or won't do

I don't know what you mean. Pretty much every role that exists in the economy has at least more than one person that is capable of doing it, unless you're talking about particular film actors or artists.

If you want to work in it, get it certified or get work experience in it.

Don't become a plumber if your goal is to be a business analyst, for Christ's sake.

What I mean is develop skills that will be complementary to a primary skill in the job you see yourself working. If you want to be a project manager, get experience with talking to people, preferably in groups. If you want business analysis gigs, do analysis work in your college jobs (lead a student group where you need to run budgets, or get involved in advising or something, where you'll need to give students status reports on their progress toward graduation and suggest next steps).

Fucking hell this shit isn't rocket science, just do shit that is complementary to your imagined professional skill set, and pick up some people skills along the way. Network with your peers, do favors, fucking hustle. It's like millennials see hustle as a dirty word. Hustlers get paid, hustlers get shit done. Be a hustler, embrace the idea, get shit done, pride yourself on it.

It's like you think I'm some sort of stupid person that isn't doing all of that shit already while working a full-time job and supporting a family of six at the age of 23. Not sure what the source is for the patronising tone in your previous post and this one.

underrated post

Education is the asshole of the IT world. It just is. Don't work for an IT contractor that provides solutions for schools, because that gig sucks and nobody respects it. Any hacker worth a damn started out by defeating proxies at his high school, and schools in general have terrible IT solutions that only half work.

As far as the 'can't or won't do' comment is concerned, someone is going to come across a project that's massive, or complicated, or requires tedium, and they're not going to want to do it. That means opportunity for you. Take that job, do it, own it, make it your magnum opus. sure, there's always someone on the food line that could do what you were given the opportunity to do, but you're the one who got the chance. Don't shy away from difficult or dirty work, because people who do that are pussies, and worse, they're not hustlers.

Fuck people who don't hustle, they're not worth their paycheck or your energy.

So I'm meant to hustle and not shy away from any sort of work, but at the same time look down on IT work for schools? Can you give me a list of IT jobs that you consider socially acceptable and that are okay to hustle in? Because I can't predict in advance which ones are and which ones are not.

The source is your stupid questions. If you already know what to do and ate doing it, then what the fuck do you need my advice for? I'm patronizing you because you're being for it by asking basic questions and not understanding basic concepts.

Also, pro tip; don't ever mention your family as proof of your hard work or dedication. Employers aren't legally allowed to ask, and admitting to having six mouths to feed often puts you in a dangerous position of weakness for any employer looking to take advantage of your need for a salary. Hopefully you'll never work for a company like that, but even if you don't, having that many people to care for at 23 before you've gotten educated indicates some level of poor decision making as well, in the eyes of most white collar workers.

1. I'm not applying for a job here so mentioning my family is irrelevant. I'm just asserting that I don't deserve to be talked down to.

2. I didn't actually asking any 'basic questions' or demonstrate failing to understand 'basic concepts'. All I said in the original post was 'Got any tips?' because I'm open to the possibility that someone else might know something that I don't. I look forward to you twisting that around as evidence that I'm an idiot however.

You come across as someone that isn't interested in providing helpful advice at all (beyond 'gotta hustle, dawg' Really, you had to become a manager at a f500 to know that?) but just wants to attack people like myself just because they're struggling.

There's doing tedious work within your job description, and then there's general tiering of career fields. Within technology, there's tiers of companies and industries that will open or close doors to future opportunities.

I'm just saying, working for a vendor who replaces comps at middle schools isn't exactly going to get you hired at Google. You'd be better off working in a student group that builds things or solves problems using technology.

>working in a student group that builds things or solves problems using technology.

Except if it involves schools. So as I said, it would be helpful if you could provide a list of areas you judge to be acceptable and those which are not.

Alright, well, good luck with your future endeavors then. You don't have to take my advice, I'm just telling you what worked for me, but then I've also led a very different life than you so maybe my advice just isn't valuable to you.

I'm just saying, your initial line of questioning indicated someone who was totally lost in what to do to qualify themselves for a career, and then you got snippy with me when I started giving concrete suggestions regarding how to get relevant work experience in school. If you can't devour time or effort to pursuits that will get you hired, I guess I can't help you. If your already doing the things i suggested, then learn to trust your own judgement rather than some stranger on a Mongolian yarn stealing forum.

K.

Again this 'line of questioning' has been entirely invented by you. All I asked was for any tips for getting involved in project management and business analysis. Then you started talking down to me apropos of nothing and didn't really give any concrete advice at all beyond the painfully obvious ('gotta hustle gotta hustle... like, do student projects an shieeet, mane') I'm sorry the conversation has taken this cource but I really don't deserve to be spoken to like that, whether you're from an f500 company or f100 or Google or if you shit gold nuggets.

*course

Nice

dear user,
just do workouts or have a hobby like planting
or ANYTHING that KEEP you SANE

finding for jobs is stressing
and EVEN MORE STRESSING after you got one

(low salary, company is just using you because they've seen that YOU'RE DESPERATE for jobs... not to mention the chance to met shitty co-workers)

Good luck user!

youtube.com/watch?v=tCA0jhVCFTw

have you ever shown legitimate initiative? i got my first job right out of college just because i applied to an internship and said i was satisfied with any opportunity, then was just given a full time position way above my qualifications or experience. i sent a followup email to seal the deal after the interview, the lady actually forgot.

my second job i was just real with the guy on the phone saying that i needed an environment that was more constructive and positive, and it turned out that his philosophy matched what i thought was important. another position i had almost no experience with and responsibilities that normally get delegated to PhD's who are experts in immunoassays.

third job i just got because i walked to the office myself and personally handed in a resume, despite being ignored a lot of times and even told i couldn't do that when i got there. this time i did have the qualifications but its a huge pharma company that only takes like perfect overachiever types. then my name came up from a temp agency list and the recruiter/manager just got me in and liked that i was comfortable or whatever.

the only advice i'd have for someone who failed for a year to get into any temp/contract/internship/volunteer thing with neuroscience and business is don't be a lying faggot on the internet and maybe expand your search to other cities. my best guess at why someone could fail here is that their program was worth jack shit and you need more education or office/lab exposure, or you are sabotaging yourself by saying dumb things and overthinking a basic entry level thing. but not to figure it out after a year? c'mon man. just flip burgers already, you won't make it.

do ROTC

>throwing your soul at the system
>expecting to be happy
>taking out the failure on yourself when things are clearly set up to go this way for you

okay

how about maybe instead you create something on your own

at least take revenge

do anything before giving up

Have you tried fucking performing?

Eat shit you weak millenial faggot

You are fucking worthless.

You're those arrogant kids who used to
>I'm studying thisorthat masterrace with starting salary 500k year I'm gonna buy and sell you all

Hello, sorry for offtop. I have a job interview tomorrow via Skype. In English, but I'm not a native speaker, so I warry so much and want to practice. Could anybody talk to me ~10 minutes via Skype?