---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

gq.com/story/roja-dove-custom-perfume
youtube.com/watch?v=CnmLjdvTeCE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How much of a meme is this

I need opinions on the 2017 reformulation. Looking for something fresh I can wear this summer. Already have sauvage but I want to get off that bandwagon so Im gonna sell it

Is pic related a safe pick for casual, jeans and a tee shirt college student day to day use? Or should I try Davidoff Cool Water?

is christian clive no.1 worth the price tag

I doubt you'll ever smell anybody wearing this unless you hang around people who are into fragrances. So, not at all.

guys I'm looking for a vanilla that isn't sweet. can you help?

Maybe get samples of both and see which one you prefer?
On that note, is Joop Homme worth trying out? I want an evening scent as well as something for the cooler months (was thinking trying Boss Bottled)

tom ford tobacco vanille

thanks, but that one smells like my grandpa and grandma's old apartment. also I'd prefer something resinous and/or woody

I can't stop blind buying and I'm poor. Wat do

Knock that shit off, dummy!

Bulgari Black
Vanille 44

Anyone recommend a night fragrance for going out on a date or girlfriend.

La nuit de lhomme 100%

Just copped what can I expect

Just arrived today.

Probably the best thing I've ever smelled.

Next month I'm planning on blind buying Allure Homme Eau Extreme and Valentino Uomo Intense

They seem pretty safe and things I would like based on my taste, can't find samples of them anywhere locally or online

Anyone who have them want to tell me their experience?

tested it twice

I had trouble smelling it off my skin after like 1 hour.

Might be good ole' olfactory fatigue, didnt get anyone else's nose on it so i couldnt tell. However it was a skin scent on me for like 10 hours

Eau extreme, everyone i let smell it / smelled it love the hell out of it. I like it myself as well, haven't picked up a bottle yet though.

Valentino Uomo: Heavy iris. DHI minus the chocolate notes. I'm not that into iris, but if it floats your boat then perfect purchase for you.

My ex loved CH men. Doesnt last that long but people over exaggerate how bad the performance is. its similar to La nuit. As the sillage starts to become closer to your body, your girl will be drawn in more to try and smell

Thanks, what do you get for projection/longevity on them?

Citrus (mainly orange) with some aquatic that actually has some longevity.

If it's anything like Joop Homme Extreme, I wouldn't bother with it. Boss Bottled smells nice and is good for cooler months and nights.

is this too feminine for a spring/summer scent on a guy? stuff smells amazing but I'm not sure I could pull it off

Thanks going to check this out what about a summer fragrance for hot summer days.

JPG Superman

nice ill probaby try it today i got a sample

It's fantastic. I'll basically never wear it except special occasions or dates (but only if I really like the girl, not breaking out the Roja for ransoms off Tinder), but holy fuck, the stuff is magic.

>isn't sweet

After a new daytime scent, something fresh and quite light but manly. Previously wore ADP Colonia Club during the day and liked its grassy, outdoorsy smell.

Preferably available from John Lewis and £50-80ish.

I have it on right now and imo I think it's not that good

We'll, it's a free country, you're allowed to be wrong.

f u m8

Only you know if you can pull it off mate.

Just jokes, friend. It's all in good fun. Your nose is broken, though.

i know, im just on the opening anyway maybe it will be better later

but i can barely smell it on my skin

I don't know if you're being serious or not I think I'll pass on that

TF Noir
ADP Leather

To me, I just love the drydown because it's a tobacco frag with a lot of classic tobacco notes that manages to smell nothing like a tobacco frag. On me, I get rich, creamy vanilla, cognac, jasmine, and a bit of spiciness from the ginger, pepper, and patchouli.

Depends on whether youre a millionaire or not

i can get an affordable sample on theperfumedcourt

ok i dont think ill like enigma that much

Hey, if it's not your thing, it's not your thing. I, personally, happen to love orientals, boozy scents, good vanilla notes, and jasmine. It was a love at first smell for me.

i dont like vanilla that much

funny thing is roja dove himself said insecure people love vanilla

We'll, I love a lot of different frags. I love a nice fougere, I love a good aquatic, I certainly don't wear only orientals, I'm simply able to appreciate very good ones.

Some of my other favorite frags are Creed MI, Amouage Bracken, Acquai di Parma Essenza, Amouage Jubilation XXV. I wear a pretty good mix of genres.

Has anyone done the Atelier discovery pack? Seems like really good value and I'm kinda tempted as summer approaches.

Well, that's not exactly what he said. What he said was that in his experience, people who tend to favor oriental fragrances may be insecure. They dress loudly and wear very bold fragrances in order to mask insecurity. He never said anything specifically about vanilla, except perhaps as an example of a note often found in oriental fragrances.

gq.com/story/roja-dove-custom-perfume

"Take this gentleman," he said, discreetly motioning to a man across the room. "Dressed in a showy way, a little loud, confident—I’m going to guess he’s wearing an oriental fragrance. People who like these types of perfumes tend to be a bit larger-than-life." And why was this? he asked, stabbing the asparagus on his plate. "Because usually underneath they’re a little insecure. When you come across vanillic scents, whether the association is with ice cream, cake, or biscuit, the vanilla subconsciously makes somebody feel very secure. We learn that security is a kiss and a treat. So the big character, who inside is vulnerable, loves these very large perfumes, because inside it feels like a safety thing."

Just ordered this blind, hope it smells like an orange creamsicle, I want to smell like that all summer. Anyone try this?

Give it a go then. Personally, ive never smelled it, but have heard its overrated

Got it last year and loved it. Even if they're too expensive normally, the sampler pack allows you enjoy a little slice of well renowned niche house with fantastic offerings.
The ones I didn't enjoy out of their range were sent off as samples to people who purchased decants from me

What fragrances smell like a very green rainforest?

ephemera noise

Gramercy Park

My Mugler Cologne is almost done, anybody got some suggestions for good fresh/summer scents? Thinking of getting ADG Profumo or Versace Dylan Blue. Original Vetiver is also on my radar but it's kinda pricey

Gendarme V

I limited myself to 30 samples, so 7 of these have to go. But which ones?

have it, absolutely love it, good cop

Both solid options. But i'd stick to mugler.

Flashback can go. It's a not-as-good TdH for 3x the price, with rhubarb instead of orange as the main top accord. I bought it and regret it.

I'd replace Satin Mood with Cashmere Mood.

surely you could remove 1 zoologist? also i heard pegasus is pleb trash

I'm new to the fragrance game, been watching this Jeremy guy on youtube for some reviews. Are there any other decent youtubers?
>inb4 youtubers

>youtubers
seriously though you're doing it wrong

fragranceview desu

Well I had to start somewhere, going to a mall this weekend and gonna try some scents out

Ignore him jeremy is the go to guy for beginners.

this general and fragrance websites are all you need
jeremy is a moron who admitted he pretty much only wears fragrances to attract people

when i started getting into fragrances i posted pictures and asked this general what they could smell like, I got a couple fragrance recommendations that way and bought samples, that's about the best initiation someone can get along with going to a fragrance store and smelling around
you're doing that guy a disservice if you tell him jeremy is good at all
jeremy has his own philosophy about fragrances and you should listen to his advices only if you have the same fragrance philosophy as him, otherwise you're shooting yourself in the foot

Is good advice

Seems too niche-oriented for beginners. It seems like a good way to blow a bunch of money on a polarizing Art fragrance that you end up not wearing.

you dont grow a taste for niche with years of experience, you either like niche stuff or you dont

most of the beauty of the fragrance world comes from the niche realm

also fragranceview is pretty good

Is it possible to be this Veeky Forums unless you're asian and born with the right body?

youtube.com/watch?v=CnmLjdvTeCE

wrong thread buddy

daily reminder that uuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
because
girls dont care so why do u like perfume
blue is the best

If you wanted an orange creamsicle, you should've got Hermes Mandarine Ambree.

Yeah, that's exactly what I said.

I'm new to all this and trying to pick something.
I used to wear David Beckham Essence in college, and actually liked it despite it being cheap af.

I got three samples I've been wearing this week:
Dolce light blue for men
Chanel Allure homme sport
Acqua di gio

Any opinions? I'm leaning towards chanel or gio but I know that gio is pretty popular/common so I don't exactly know if I want to smell like every guy in a polo shirt

Of course taste is something that you develop. Just like art, music or food, you pick up a sense of what's good and by consuming a lot of different stuff, paying attention, and discussing with other interested people.

Just like a 500€ bottle of wine would be 470€ wasted on me, I think it's better to start with some 'safer', more versatile, and cheaper scents that you can actually wear in everyday situations. If you wear something a lot, you'll start to pick up on how it progresses from top to base, and maybe pick up the ability to identify individual notes.

Then, once you have a nose that can pick up on all the subtlety, you'll be able to tell which niche fragrances are actually worth the price, and which are just marketing bullshit (and there's more than plenty of that in perfumes).

it either speaks to you or it doesnt, how hard to understand is that

the only thing that you "develop" is the ability to find what you like better

>When you come across vanillic scents
>vanillic scents
>He never said anything specifically about vanilla

I don't know if any of those will really set you apart, but if it's between that and Chanel, get the Chanel. It's more balanced and well-rounded. AdG is so distinctive to me it pretty much screams "hey everyone I'm wearing Armani Acqua di Gio!"

(and maybe "hey everyone, it's 2003" depending on where you're located)

That's a good point. I'm wearing the Chanel today and it's growing on me. I may just go for it. Thanks

> it either speaks to you or it doesnt, how hard to understand is that
Read the reviews on basenotes or fragrantica, especially for an 'advanced' scent like Kouros, Antaeus, or Yatagan. How many are there saying, "I thought this was awful at first, but then I came back to it a few months later and tried it again and like, wow, this is amazing!"

> the only thing that you "develop" is the ability to find what you like better
Exactly, and you might find what you like in something even when you thought it wasn't there before. And that takes a bit of time and effort.

Yes, in the context of oriental fragrances, which is what I said.

Dude who bought the Roja here. I see what he's trying to say. The implication isn't necessarily that all people who like vanilla are insecure, simply that vanilla is comforting and makes people feel secure. If anything, the implication is that everyone likes vanilla to some extent for that reason. I feel like Roja's saying that people who feel insecure often flavor vanilla fragrances because of the comfort vanilla provides.

For the record, I am definitely not what people would consider "larger than life". Usually just wear pretty simple jeans and a neutral colored button down shirt. Nothing loud. And like I said, I like many different types of frags.

Thinking about buying Dior Homme Sport 2012 and La Nuit De L'Homme Yves Saint Laurent for my summer cologne should I do it

Thoughts on this?

Thanks for sharing. Which ones were your favorites?

BetawiBlood is good and chill.
Lanier Smith is dandy and chill.

You'll learn more by reading good reviewers and smelling alongside them though.

Sure why not

It's on my list of things to revisit, but pic related was my immediate reaction.

Roses I do like: Lumiere Noire, Noir de Noir, Incense Rose

Oh, and Declaration d'un Soir

>niche stuff
>niche realm
Both of these statements are silly. "Niche" is a term describing the house selling the frag. It's like "indie" in music. The term is meaningless in actually describing anything about the product. There are good and bad frags from every house and price level.

I wouldn't call profumo a summer scent

Voyage d'hermes EdT vs EdP, opinions? no stores near me have EdP so I cant really sample it.

Hey guys, I need a new shower gel and I want your opinion. Which of these do you think it's the best: Dior- Farenheit, Hermes- Terre D'Hermes, Versace- Eros Invigorating or Jean Paul Gaultier- Ultra Male.

Sorry to hijack your question but i have to ask - I never really considered using something like a designer shower gel - apart from the smell do they actually offer anything better than the rest?

The good thing about shower gel is if you buy one you don't really like, it's never so bad it's unusable, and it washes off. Pick the one that would look the best in your shower see how it works out.

No, you'll get a skin scent of the perfume for the day. They're generally a waste of money. It's a luxury good you buy if you want to pamper yourself or get some kind of psychological benefit, otherwise it's hard to beat a basic bar of Dove imo.