Biz friends, I make an amazing salsa that everyone tells me I should sell to restaurants or stores. It's true...

biz friends, I make an amazing salsa that everyone tells me I should sell to restaurants or stores. It's true, it's absolutely delicious. If I did decide to market it, where would I start? Does anyone have any xp with this, here? I'm in CA, USA btw.

Other urls found in this thread:

howdenmarket.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Market it to the faggots over at reddit.

Not a bad idea user. What kind of story would you use to hook them?

What we REALLY need is an appliance for the home that would warm tortilla chips just like you get at a restaurant, but compact enough to put on the shelf when finished.

>greatest lore

OP maybe that guy who made his own pet food could help you.

The food industry is a fucking hard industry to get into.

Even if you start getting into some stores and making progress, as soon as the big guys see you doing well, they'll just copy your product and kill your company.

>Be me, melt a candy bar in my pocket with radar.
>spaghetti comes out of my pants
>tried nacho chips, but that blew my fucking brain.

Too much, mang.

but seriously, I have a semi-similar scenario.

If you're thinking of manufacturing and not just hocking the recipe, how would anyone do that without serious capital and a commercial kitchen and all of the other legal bullshit?

Wow, you chop up fruits and herbs like millions of other people
Fuck off retarx its not amazing, probs not even good.

nigga you need to do something different.

make up some shit story how your ingredients are sourced from some poor farming village in Mexico and a portion of your proceeds go to support the village and its people.

the problem will be finding some poor village in mexico that grows the ingredients and having them delivered to you since that will cost $$$ and will force you to increase the cost of your salsa. Will people buy a more expensive salsa just to help some poor mexicans? if you market it correctly to the right customers (think of selling where there is a high number of hispanic-americans who would happily help their poor brethren) also if it really is as amazing as you say it is then that will help as well.

You can rent a commercial kitchen for 25$ an hour.

So I'll need a good product, but an even better brand.

OP here. My biggest concern will be scaling and growth. I only have about 20k in capital. I have no doubts that my product will gain popularity, but what I'm worried about is what the hell I'd do if costco or some other major markets want to start carrying my product. I also have no idea about what permits or rules I have to obtain or follow.

Yeb? Yeb? Is that you?

Sorry you dropped out of the race Yeb. Pls put the guac bowl down and step back from the ledge.

This. Don't be delusional, pleb. Every Mexican mom knows how to make a good salsa. Food industry? Not even once.

Bottle it, label it, start shopping it to every store in town. Work your way up the chain.

What ever it is, make it memorable

It doesnt matter how good the salsa actually is. What matters is marketing.

Yeah, have been thinking quite a bit with regard to the branding side of this. Marketing will mean everything.

You start at farmers markets because you can sidestep food regulations and if its popular enough youll have to get capital for proper hygienic jarring (iso whatever cannongs room - minimum temp etc)

Which isnt as expensive as it may sound , 5 or 10k maybe? You can outsource this

Breaking into grocery stores is hard though. Trader joes type places would be your first target

Rather than a chain like Trader Joe's, I'd suggest finding some small hipster place that really pushes local products. howdenmarket.com/ for example. I'm sure there's a local hipster market near you.

Farmer's markets don't regulate? didn't know that. Good idea user. And yeah, gaining too much popularity scares me because if I get copied before I can establish a trusted brand, I'm boned.

Trader Joe's isn't hipster anymore?

I need to go outside.

Just do it. Your salsa might be great but it's not something that somebody else hasn't made before. I think you're on the right track with the quality angle. Unless you have the capacity, capital and supply chain in place Costco and major chains are out of reach right now. You have to walk before you can run. Farmers markets and local stores are your best bet. Paranoia is only going to hold you back. Good luck!

Trader Joes is still hipster but they're also owned by Aldi, a huge multinational. I'm guessing they're going to be hard to get into unless they have a 'local' section.

Couple more things user. To get into stores you're going to need a UPC and nutritional labeling. There's some flexibility with health codes and labeling when selling direct to consumers but if you want to grow at all you're going to need them.

op is bullshiting. tell me your recipe to the salsa so that I, a mexican, can judge for myself.

if your black and you make salsa and peeps tell you you make good salsa? its a lie, its just pc culture.

tell the recipe op.

Getting too big is a good problem. If you are serious about this, get a lawyer friend to help you out for cheap.

Lels will not tell recipe. I can tell you that this is more of an "american" salsa. A sort of novelty salsa. It's similar to when mango salsa blew up the markets a decade or two ago. No way am I competing with you bean emperors over traditional salsas, because yeah, that market is pretty saturated and prices are typically low for good shit.