ITT: Best history rulers

>best ruler
>gets killed by his own men

>his own men
Go away, Brutus.

Fucking usurper. Enjoy my dagger biatch.

He wasn't an usurper. pure propaganda

>gets killed by his own men
You mean the enemies he foolishly pardoned.
Now if you want an excellent ruler that was killed by his own men, look at pic related.

You were like a brother to me, Brutus!

Imagine if Germany had him during the 2nd ww.

>He wasn't an usurper.
All his acts after crossing the Rubicon were illegal by virtue of not having been ratified by the senate. His dictatorship was, for all intents and purposes, an usurpation of power.

Get him !!! Don't let fucking Mark Antony escape!!!

yeah, but it was because they forced his hand, and he had no intention of keeping the power after fixing the injustices against him.

Another usurper! To the guillotine with him!

unironically

Wtf, another one!!! Catch him! Execute this traitor!

>fuck your state's economy
>kill millions of your own people
>make your people poor and make them starve
He seemed pretty good!

>they forced his hand
Did they force him to start an illegal war? Or all the other shit he knew they were waiting to convict him for?
>he had no intention of keeping the power after fixing the injustices against him
What injustices? The man had been gaming the system for decades already. He was involved in every single shady dealing between Crassus and Pompey since the beginning. He was connected with some of the most egregious scum in Rome (Clodius, Catiline). You can't possibly believe he was gonna give up the power. There was no indication that he intended to do so.

someone plz post pic of the man with zhe small moustache hehe xDDDDD

:^)

He saved France

Here you go XDDD

Primus sucks

>Did they force him to start an illegal war? Or all the other shit he knew they were waiting to convict him for?
no, but they did convict him for it even though it was to the benefit of everyone, while he was in charge of a huge army.

>all i need is 20 good men

>killed the greatest benevolent force that has ever walked the earth
>good man

It was a democratic vote.

His death was pure retardation, as was the death of his successor. I'm not even sure how that shit happens.

Not that it mattered, we ended up getting Diocletian and Constantine afterwards.

How was he connected with Cataline? I don't remember that part.

>An Honourable Man

kek