>Tell non-Christian that I'm Christian
>They try to use Catholic/Pope sins against me
>Le crusades
>Le gay popes

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10407759/
youtube.com/watch?v=kd66KXIbAjc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nice blog. Now suck a sharp, metallic cock until it pierces the back of your head.

protestants have the advantage of not being one unified church, so the whole movement doesn't get blamed when some local protestant group does something stupid. no wonder that nowdays, all the craziness in christianity (Westboro, young-age creationists, Jack Chick etc.) comes from protestantism. at least the Catholic Church has to keep the craziness in check.

>There's no craziness in the Roman Catholic church
>"The whole movement doesn't get blamed" but then proceeds to blame the whole movement

Meh you don't often hear from the european protestants.

Most stuff about i see about them seem to be exclusively about american proddies, but i guess thats confirmation bias at work too.

Too bad they can't keep their dicks out of these juicy children, so much for that.

>be catholic
>tell non Christians that I'm Christian
>they try to use protestant/evangelical sins against me
>le creationism, le McChurches, le biblical literalism, le tithe...

Catholics don't believe God created the universe?
Also, which of those exactly is even a sin? Poor teaching sure, but not exactly sins.

You know what is meant by "creationism" when talking about evangelicals. Don't play the naive.

Creationism only means creation from a divine being

What you're referring to is specifically called "young earth creationism" and whether you're young or old earth, neither are essential doctrines of Christianity. You know, like blessing your enemies and seeing Christ as our one mediator.

nobody cares about your butthurt proddy problems, shut up and work on ridding this place of its fedora infestation.

Vote
strawpoll.me/10407759/

this

There was literally nothing wrong with the crusades.

The Arabs were butchering eastern roman empire cities, and the pope put a stop to that.

The Crusades were perfectly justified

Maybe from a political perspective but not from a biblical one
>Love your enemies and do good for them - Jesus
>When your enemy slaps you, turn to them the other cheek- Jesus
>Overwhelm hate with love

Please don't respond with your emotional 'oh so you're okay with Muslims raping your family then?". We're discussing whether it was a truly a Christian thing to do, thats all

meant to say a *secular* perspective

Why did the Byzantines eventually started siding with the arab then?

Did you hear about the female Swedish bishop proposing to convert churches to inter-faith prayer rooms, mostly for Muslims?
Not even /pol/, but damn

>be Christian mystic
>the world attempts to put me in a sheep pin but a lion lives within me

The big bang theory was thought of by a Catholic priest

>be Protestant
>Have an entire system contradicting centuries of Christian theology
>Can't even agree on core doctrines of faith
>Still dare to claim to be Christian despite historical evidence showing illegitimacy

>The Arabs were butchering eastern roman empire cities, and the pope put a stop to that.
He also put a stop to the ERE lol

refers to personal matters, when you see injustices committed upon your brothers you shouldn't stand idly by
if the injustices are done upon yourself you could choose to forgive

They had it coming
t. Enrico

Stop making these threads. You're being uncharitable.

Nah, the Arabs had politically and administratively held those lands for several centuries. The Crusades would be like the Aztlan and La Raza scum in the US starting a violent insurrection in Nevada and Arizona today to "drive whitey back to Europe", even though we've been here for two centuries.

Also, you're forgetting the Crusades against the Cathars in Europe, the Northern Crusades against indigenous European populations and pagans, and the massacre of the Anglo-Saxons, and their forced conversion to Catholicism.

>be orthodox
>have no problems

>be orthodox
>get your entire leadership genocided or cucked by the Communists

kek

Swedes invented Universalism. It's still more Christian than shitposting about muh Crusades.

Get asked for money on every occasion while your leaderships buys more and more political power for personal wealth.

It's ot like the levant were full of christians or the turks were banging on the gates of constantinople or nothing!

Who the fuck cares man?

>le evil atheists bullied me on the internet waaaa

Man the fuck up.

>Be atheist
>tell Christians that their continuous moving of goalposts isn't impressive
>Try to tell me I'm going to burn in hell
>Tell them they will probably burn in hell too because they disbelieve in Allah and the Prophet(pbuh)

:3

The Koran's "Allah" isn't Allah.

No it isn't

Because Greeks are subhuman perfidious cunts
Why'd they start siding with Russia against the EU?

>all the craziness in christianity (Westboro, young-age creationists, Jack Chick etc.) comes from America

Fixed.

Hence the ongoing effort by at least me to distinguish the Catholics from the Christians.

I too got tired of trying to explain the atrocities of the Catholic church when I noticed that to them, as a Christian, I AM A HERETIC.

So when they say they killed millions of heretics, they are confessing to killing millions of CHRISTIANS.

even believing such nonsense does not guarantee a place in paradise

Reminder that you believe in myths with absolutely no evidence, and no academic support for it, because some meme tier pastor said it a century ago and it fits in with your pre-conceived notions of Catholicism

>no agnosticism
shit poll

Keep waiting for your Jesuit teachers to tell you the truth about the abomination they serve.

>Catholic Church
>Containing crazies
Bruh

But I can blame you protestants for your uncultured and uneducated audience and your cringeworthy pop songs that you disguise as "praise".

At least they're saved.

You're an atheist bro.

>But, even the Church itself by itself, because of its marvelous propagation, its exceptional holiness, and inexhaustible fruitfulness in all good works; because of its catholic unity and invincible stability, is a very great and perpetual motive of credibility, and an incontestable witness of its own divine mission.
Vatican I, Session 3, Chapter 3

>they will probably burn in hell too because they disbelieve in Allah
I'm pretty sure Christians believe in God. Unless they're Arab Christians they don't call him "Allah", but they still believe in him. That's like one of the main beliefs of Christianity.
inb4 moon cult meme

>meme

>Catholic Church is Holy
>t. Catholic Church

>“[T]here are many other things which most properly can keep me in [the Catholic Church’s] bosom. The unanimity of peoples and nations keeps me here. Her authority, inaugurated in miracles, nourished by hope, augmented by love, and confirmed by her age, keeps me here. The succession of priests, from the very see of the apostle Peter, to whom the Lord, after his resurrection, gave the charge of feeding his sheep [John 21:15–17], up to the present episcopate, keeps me here. And last, the very name Catholic, which, not without reason, belongs to this Church alone, in the face of so many heretics, so much so that, although all heretics want to be called ‘Catholic,’ when a stranger inquires where the Catholic Church meets, none of the heretics would dare to point out his own basilica or house”
Against the Letter of Mani Called “The Foundation” 4:5 (A.D. 397)

heretics btfo

>tfw there was a pope who all he did was eat, and he got so tubby off fried mongoose and ham pies that when he died he was too bloated to fit in how special pope coffin

I'm drowning in a sea of keks. Cucktianity at it's finest

>The Crusades would be like the Aztlan and La Raza scum in the US starting a violent insurrection in Nevada and Arizona today to "drive whitey back to Europe"
which would be totally justified if the US was violently oppressing the native americans.

Also it was a call for help from the Byzantine. Which, it turned out, wasn't paranoia at all.

>Protestant schism happened long after the crusade
>somehow that means I'm free of this guilt why contemporary catholics aren't
this is silly
you're descended from people who supported the crusades just as a much as catholics are
if you believe in filial guilt, there's no valid reason to exempt yourself

It is a meme, made up by somebody who probably read too many Moon Knight comics. There may have been moon cults or other pagan beliefs among Arabs before Islam, but that doesn't mean Islam itself is a moon cult. It's like saying Catholicism is secretly a cult of Jupiter, since Roman pagans worshipped Jupiter before converting to Christianity.
inb4 "but why do they use the moon as their symbol?"
The star and moon isn't a Muslim symbol. Muhammad never used it. Early Muslim societies never used it. Their flags were mostly colored banners, sometimes with Arabic writing on them. (e.g. something similar to the Saudi Arabian flag, or the ISIS flag.)
The star and moon was mainly used by the Ottoman Turks. There are a bunch of theories as to where they got it. It might have been a symbol of Byzantium, it might have been an old Turkic symbol, it might have been something else. (this is why it was allowed to remain on the flag of Turkey after Ataturk's reforms. A notorious secularist such as him wouldn't allow a religious symbol to remain on his country's flag.) The only reason many Muslim countries use it on their flags is because of the influence of the Ottoman Empire.

>499 years later
>Catholics are still just as BTFO and mad

Based Luther

But I don't own a fedora

>which would be totally justified if the US was violently oppressing the native americans.

the local Muslim Abbasid, Fatimid, and Ummayyad weren't "violent oppressing" the indigenous non-Muslims of the Levant and Holy Land, unless you consider paying a higher tax rate "violent oppression".

>Also it was a call for help from the Byzantine. Which, it turned out, wasn't paranoia at all.

Funny, considering how the Crusaders were the one to stab the Byzantines in the back and sack Constantinople in 1204, well before the Muslim conquest of the city.

There have been Christians since Pentecost 32 AD outside of Rome, who never bent the knee to Rome, and who managed to not be murdered by Rome.

youtube.com/watch?v=kd66KXIbAjc

>"Christ committed adultery first of all with the women at the well about whom St. John tells us. Was not everybody about Him saying: ‘Whatever has He been doing with her?’ Secondly, with Mary Magdalen, and thirdly with the women taken in adultery whom He dismissed so lightly. Thus even, Christ who was so righteous, must have been guilty of fornication before He died."

t. Martin Luther

t. Martin Luther, Catholic Friar and virulent anti-semite.

>The star and moon isn't a Muslim symbol
>Early Muslim societies never used it
False.
>It might have been a symbol of Byzantium
No.

I get you now.

You're still a muslim, but think you can harm Christianity more by pretending to be a papist than you can as a headchopper.

>Luther
>Catholic

Any actual historical proof of the Moon-and-Star symbol being used by early Muslim societies (i.e. Muhammad's community, the Rashidun, the Ummayad)?

(A) In Qura’n there are at least a dozen verses in which Allah repeatedly swears by the names such as moon, sun, stars, planets, night, wind etc. It is a mystery why the creator Allah (?) should swear by his creations. Normally, we swear by the name of something much superior to us, such as we swear by God or by the name of our father (who is considered senior or superior to us). But we never swear by the name of something inferior to us. Here in the Quran swearing fashions of Allah (God) by moon or stars hinting us that Allah considered these things superior to himself. And this makes us to think (otherwise) as to who actually acted as Allah in Quran? However, in his explanation of why the Qur’an swears by the moon in Surah 74:32, “Nay, verily by the Moon,” Yusuf Alli comments, “The moon was worshipped as a deity in times of darkness”(fn. 5798, pg. 1644). Perhaps, this swearing of Allah was due to the usual/cultural habits of worshipping moon as their God in pagan customs.

(B) Yousuf Ali stated (Page-1921-1623 of his English Translation of Holy Quran):

“Moon-worship was equally popular in various forms………Apollo and Diana—the twin brother and sister, representing the sun and moon. …in the Vedic religion of India the moon god was Soma, the lord of the planets…….moon was male divinity in ancient India. Moon was also male divinity in ancient Semitic religion, and the Arabic word for the moon “qamar’ is of the masculine gender, on the other hand, the Arabic word for sun “shams” is feminine gender. The pagan Arabs evidently looked upon the sun as a goddess and the moon as a God.

The Pagan deities best known in the Ka’ba and round about Mecca were Lat, Uzza, and Manat.…the 360 idols established by the Pagans in the Ka’ba probably represented the 360 days of an inaccurate solar year. This was the actual modern pagan worship as known to the Quraish contemporary with our prophet”

(C) Influence of Moon in Islam:

Who can deny the paramount influences of moon in Muslim’s life? In Islam, moon is considered holiest astronomical object, and moon is the guiding light of all Islamic rituals/festivals. Contradictions and conflicts are very common with the dates of Eids and Ramadan and obviously it is a chronic problem and moon is the nucleus of this problem. Crescent moon and stars are the symbolic sign in the national flags of many Muslim countries, and it is present over the Mosques, in the Muslim graveyard etc.

>I'll call it a meme. Then they won't believe it!

>proddy
>telling others they're harming Christianity
Matthew 7:3

Catholic friar, actually. Disgusted by the vile wretched excesses of the papists.

Why aren't you?

Because non praevalebunt, that's why.

>>It might have been a symbol of Byzantium
>No.

Now you're calling me your brother?

kek

I think not.

But you do have a muslim's grasp of holy writ.

In the pagan sign of a sun god worshiper.

>a cult's symbol on a coin
>symbol of Byzantium

Looks like a star and a moon to me.

>mfw American protestants send missionaries to Latin America

Every latin american protestant has the IQ of a mop, and are also likely to give their money to their ""pastor"". Just look at the brazilian protestants who helped fund that temple of solomon.

Also, there was a gay Swedish female bishop who wanted to remove the cross out of churches

>Normally, we swear by the name of something much superior to us, such as we swear by God or by the name of our father (who is considered senior or superior to us).

In modern English, yes. In Classical Arabic, no.

>And this makes us to think (otherwise) as to who actually acted as Allah in Quran?

The Quran and the Hadith both make it explicitly clear that Allah is the Jewish God and also the God of Abraham. He was already worshiped by the pagan Arabs as a chief deity in their pantheon, with the Moon-God ("Al-Qamar") being a lesser deity.

3/10 made me reply

naive is an adjective, knave is a noun

>Every latin american protestant has the IQ of a mop

Opinion discarded.

More lies.

While satan wants to be like God, allah never will be like God.

>delusional Christcuck can't handle facts

>God of Abraham

That's not YHWH. It's El, who's son is Ba'al.

The Arabs have always worshiped Ba'al.

I'm an Arab Christian and you're the reason everyone, especially atheists, thinks Christianity is full of retards.

Gas yourself.

Exactly!

I do hate lies, but they're not facts. They're anti-facts.

You're no brother of mine.

It's true, US missionaries target the poorest and dumbest (as in brownest) of the respective country.

>Protestant work ethic
Biggest meme, look at Guatemala.

>Funny, considering how the Crusaders were the one to stab the Byzantines in the back and sack Constantinople in 1204
and they're not the one who ultimately conquered all of it
>the local Muslim Abbasid, Fatimid, and Ummayyad weren't "violent oppressing" the indigenous non-Muslims of the Levant and Holy Land, unless you consider paying a higher tax rate "violent oppression".
Good thing the crusade wasn't against any of them, but against the Seljuk, then. Who, it turned out, submitted Christians to slavery and other vexations, and massacred the entire population of Jerusalem.

also
>Nah, the Arabs had politically and administratively held those lands for several centuries
that's a good thing they had lost Jerusalem to the Turks 20 years before then?
Why are you treating the muslims as one nation?

Sure, and you're not descended from those guys if you're protestant.

> the crusades
> being bad in any way
When will this meme end?

Missionaries go where God leads them, and say what God tells them to say.

Preach the gospel to the poor. Good enough for Jesus, good enough for missionaries.

>Sure, and you're not descended from those guys if you're protestant.

They are sons of Abraham by faith. I am a son of Abraham by faith. They are my mothers, my brothers, and my sisters.

The Whore of Babylon will not go unpunished forever.

But Christianity is not exclusively defined by the holy texts, it's also made from its history and its institutions.

Because the EU is a turbo liberal conspiracy to get rid of trade tariffs and enforce a pure free market over all of Europe that favours German goods over everything else.

It was never widespread in Byzantium, it was only connected to the cult of Hecate Lampadephoros, which means...LIGHT-BEARER! Same as the pseudo-god whom muslims worship and who is given luciferian titles in Qur’an 24:35-36.

Helel Ben-Shahar (הילל בן שחר in Hebrew) meaning "Helel" (bright) "Ben" (son of) "Shahar" (dawn). The Islamic symbol is the "Hilal" (crescent moon) over the "Sahar" light (dawn).

>How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!
Isaiah 14:12

Wanna guess whose image muslims worldwide pray towards every day and during Hajj circumambulate and adore at the Kaaba in Mecca which was prophesied in Revelation 8:10 and 13:15?

It's not defined by any of those things.

Why do you think you can just claim yourself free of filial guilt while others can't?

How are you strong on that, yet so weak on the Harlot of Babylon?

You literally jumped from satan's lap into satan's lap!

Because my family are not the monsters in this story.

>The Quran and the Hadith both make it explicitly clear that Allah is the Jewish God and also the God of Abraham
No.

>For when God made a promise to Abraham, since He had no one greater by whom to swear, He swore by Himself.
Hebrews 6:13

Pic related, we see that "Allah" does not swear by himself. Instead, "Allah" implies that the stars, the moon, the 'brilliance' of the sun, and a man-made city are greater than "Allah" - the very things he is supposed to have created. He even swears by such menial things as fruits which is not surprising since "Allah" is Satan and in the Holy Bible Satan is described as:
>"the god of this world" (2 Cor 4:4)
>"the ruler of this world" (Jn 12:31)
>"the prince of the power of the air" (Eph 2:2)
>"the whole world lies in the power of the evil one" (1 Jn 5:19)