Is fashion a sign of intelligence

i feel like you can spot someones IQ by the way they dress

*Is fashion a sign of intelligence?

*I feel like you can spot someone's IQ by the way they dress.

>buying expensive brand named clothing to impress others is in any way indicative of intelligence

>implying good fashion costs big money

yeah it is now leave your room

Not even a thin veil

Yes, smart people actually can see that improving their self image is well worth the investment. Try hards and stupid social climbing teenagers like 90% of this board are all pretty irredeemable though and no matter how good they try to dress, their retardation will always manifest itself one way or another.

Yes how you dress is generally indicative of your character and social standing.

Pretty much all top engineers dress like shit, I.e. Musk

no you're retarded, most intelligent people I know are autistic, skinny, shop at h&m and dress in bill gates-core

there are intelligent people who care about fashion, but there are stupid people who do as well.

So that confirms OP then.

nuke toronto but get our boy first

it is a bit but it's more related to different social classes.

>psuedo intellectual man with neckbeard internet following gets laughed at as he engages in an incoherent barking contest with local tumblr power user

there are two parts of an IQ test; spatial (math) and verbal. The average engineer is probably both very smart and very dumb. ie intelligence isnt generalized, thats why nerds cant dress themselves.

this is my iq and I dress fucking fabulously

for instance rn i'm wearing sick balmain jeans that I once saw Tommy Lee wearing (his were slightly different but the brand was the same)

here's me petting a coat in my balenciaga bomber and prada shoes

Patrician tier:
Business casual, business, penguin suit

Dumb pleb tier:
Everything else

peterson is hardly a pseudo intellect

tfw 115 iq

He's not as smart as his fans pretend he is, there's no merit in BTFOing a confused teenager.

lol don't tell me you fell for the le anti-sjw professor meme

Of course it isn't.

The only qualative inference you can get from someone who dresses nicely are that they are either vain, have low self esteem, or are trying to find an in group.

Asking Veeky Forums if fashion is a sign if intelligence is only asking for masturbatory responses.

Those poor little black men. I wonder how it feels.

yes

this user gets it

Die, commie scum.

Free helicopter rides for you soon.

Bill gates, Steve Jobs, etc dress like shit but they are extremely intelligent

wow. skari u how

you know steve jobs was rocking the issey miyake everyday, right? his infamous black sweater

Fashion is more linked to openness than IQ.

Most people on vaguely artistic internet forums are high openness, high neuroticism.

SAT score, adjusted for socioeconomic background, is more strongly correlated with IQ.

Only when u wear what you want and naturally look good, you cant wear nice stuff, pretend you dont care, and think ur smart

why does socioeconomic background have anything to do with one's Standardized Aptitude Test score? Do you not know what 'standardized' means?

It means all races have to be absolutely equal in intelligence so if data suggests otherwise we have to spin it.

steve jobs dresses well
he has those karl lagerfeld shit where objevtively its bad but you are so intelligent it works on you.

boy u SHOWD him

he's not a genius but he's past pseud status as well. somewhere in the middle like most profs

>internet iq tests

Kid...

up to a certain extent. it's all about life stats. at some point leveling up your fashion stats doesn't benefit you anymore in terms of being able to influence others and getting what you want out of life, so any further effort would just be wasted. leveling up your stats and maximizing efficiency is what intelligent people do

ok but then it isn't strongly correlated to IQ if any "adjustment" is required, that's just cooking the numbers

Wealthy, stable people pay for their children to take SAT prep classes. Those children perform slightly better (100-200 points better iirc).

It has nothing to do with race.

As an example, I got 750/660 on my best SAT try, but my parents put me through a prep class and made me study for it. When I originally took it as a middle schooler I got 720/530.

My fiance grew up poor in a trailer home with absent bio parents, and an alcoholic grandmother who argued with her since she was 5. She took the test once but didn't want to. She got 640/800, and almost didn't go to college due to mental health reasons.

i got a perfect score on the math section and am a black gay jew who grew up in burkina faso with my alcoholic grandmother named Suze

anyway you're wrong about it having nothing to do with race, the lowest income white bracket does almost the exact same as the wealthiest income black bracket

it's unpleasant information but it's true

also, i really did get an 800 on math, but my grandmother's name isn't suze

God, I bet you eat pizza with a knife and fork too.

>stats

>implying I dress to impress others

>Source: The College Board
>Zero trace of these statistics on google
pol infographs strike again

no helicopters for u. only gulag.

i just scoured for this info, and i can't find a single statistic at any income level which shows blacks scoring higher than whites

kys faggot

moja babi se z merkatorjevo vrečko sprehaja po ljubljanski tržnici

that wasn't the point bb. ur graph is made up.

not my graph

but blacks do score lower on sats regardless of income level

is this you, slavoj?

>the verbal intelligence maymay
lets see you talk a building from the ground, or negociate a rocket to the moon

I meant that you need to adjust SAT scores for family stability / resources, so it can properly correlate to IQ. No adjustment to sat scores for race. I believe that Asians/whites have genetic advantages to IQ. Especially math

>coat

Fashion nowadays is just hypebeasts who are going broke trying to look rich.

You're beautiful

No.

Cause scientists, doctors, and CEOs are always super well dressed riiiiiiiight?

Hell just look at your average high school or college and compare grade averages to how they dress.

I'd even say in general higher IQ means less interest in fashion. Fashion is a product of social goals and desires, and higher IQ people tend not to care much about how they appear in a social context.

this pretty much. some of the smartest people wear the same set of outfits all the time since it saves them lots of time and money, and they do not care about what's trendy or popular. Or the extent of their "fashion" is a well-fitted t shirt, jeans, and Adidas. Most intelligent people do not care about fitting in or how others perceive them since the majority of the population is stupid anyways and secretly insecure themsleves

>post doctored graph
>graph is exposed as doctored
>"yeah my only evidence is falsified but im still totally right"

he has good looking facial features

i didnt post shit faggot

t. delusional nigger

I have a 106 iq and dress very well, so yes OP no doubt you are correct.

moja babi hod v spara rajš

W2c African native garb? He's obviously more effay than the drab Chad who's holding his hand desu

no i just can recognise that hes a smart man, if anyone fell for a meme its you
>hehe i think he a psuedo dumbo, im so clever. le right wing poster boy hehe

>106
you're basically retarded

>Cause scientists, doctors, and CEOs are always super well dressed riiiiiiiight?
They're not wearing ricky rick or uniqlo you dumbass, that's poor people shit, you just don't understand how expensive they're clothes really are, expensive clothes are designed to look normal to the eyes of the plebs.

I think two things are obvious from this post.

1. You think you're intelligent
2. You're not

Tricky ricky isn't poor people shit, it just attracts poor people because they think that expensive shit should look ridiculous and distinct so that others know it's expensive.

the purpose of life is to win the happiness contest. If you're not leveling up your stats then you're losing

nice chinkfro

don't judge the book by the cover as the saying goes

so no

lmao came here to post this picture

It's safe to assume that anybody wearing an Veeky Forums meme is an idiot.

>Thread is full of people misconstruing what OP said as "Smart people dress better"

Jesus Christ you people are so fucking stupid its unbelievable, how can you reach adulthood and have such poor reading comprehension?

>nowadays

Aja ups. Špar, ja...

pointless komentar

agree

pointless thread

/thread

Is fist fucking not the sexual invention of the 20th century?

Also
>Le people can't be both actually smart and socially skilled.
>I'm dumb so but I'm not a loser, therefore for the world to be fair all smart people must be neck beards.
>No one can simply be better than me.
Makes the meme even fatter

i mean idk about IQ, but i think there's definitely a correlation. how i see it, good fashion is a way to self-express subtly and effectively, and many intelligent people are better at doing that than someone who's more dull/ less of a critical thinker. also crit thinking comes into play when measuring trends and what goes well with what

yo yeah this makes some sense actually

Sure there is?

Are you dumb? You are just proving his point

>Hurr durr let me see you engineer a poem, or vivisect yourself a pay rase

depends if they have an interest in fashion or not. some smart people dont care, but the smart people that do always dress better

this is why you see alot of fashionable asian people, but blacks are always wearing some wacky shit

I am like the total failure of the world, O Peoples!
Singing face to face with Satan himself,
Dialogues with the tremendous science of the dead,
And my pain gushes the city with blood.
Even my days are the remains of enormous old furniture,
Last night "God" carried between worlds that go
Well, my child, alone, and you say: "I love you"
When you speak with "you" Paul, without ever hearing him.
The man and the woman smell the tomb,
The body falls on the gross land
The same as the red coffin of the unfortunate.
Enemy total, I scream for the neighborhoods,
A more barbaric, more barbaric, more barbaric terror
Than the hiccup of a hundred dogs thrown to die.

>butthurt swj makes a mad comment about someone who actually stand for his beliefs

i havent received a compliment this good since the last time i saw my moms, thank you
hey thanks
only when i'm in Switzerland
i got it from the googles dude in like less than 90 sex
goat
but if you have to 'adjust' then it just doesn't correlate

>internet iq test

Automatically sub 100

tfw 130 iq but bad at math and dress like shit

>everyone who disagrees with me is a sjw

if true, why all the scientist dress like this?

>It's not poor people shit
>attracts poor people
It's poor people shit, just not the type of poor people you're thinking of, I'm talking
about middle class people that save up for week's to buy a pair of shoe's, the 9average CEO wouldn't be caught dead wearing Ricky Rick's.