Watch Thread General

Last one died quietly. Here we go again.

Other urls found in this thread:

mvmtwatches.com/collections/all-mens-watches
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

any reverso really

Is this the best mid range watch regarding quality and bang for buck?

If not what is the alternative?

It's a really nice watch, really can't fault it for anything at all. It's a little boring, but high quality and it could well be the only watch you ever need. It's pretty casual, but at the same time nobody could really fault you for using it as a dress watch too. I like the white one better, personally.

Thoughts? Arrived from ebay today.

It's not much but it's mine

It is very nice although i would put a different strap on it.

have this watch, it's a nice everyday and can function in any scenario. I thought it was a bit small at first but it's just traditional sized and a bit dressy, as of now its my favorite watch ever been on my wrist every day religiously for months.

steinhart is the best quality/price watch out there
they have mostly homages tho

posting a cheap fashion quartz shitter because I do like the design. I just want something more expressive rather than the same old same old and with 35mm case diameter it's a great size.

I want it to have a date window though.
looking good?

any recommendations with colorful dials like that from more well-known watchbrands appreciated, pham.

So it turns out that Movado is one of the cheapest ways to get a sapphire crystal. How bad of an idea is this?

>movado

Boccia Titanium also has a lot of cheap ass watches with sapphire crystal.

>How bad of an idea is this?

a shitter with sapphire crystal is not the worst thing you could buy. at least that's no overpriced Swatch Irony which doesn't even have Mineral OR Sapphire crystal.

This was my grandpa's watch

What's a nice watch for a casual streetwear dressing 20yo.

This would be my first watch I buy myself, I have a less than a 100 dollar budget, I need something "original" and cool

Birthday present to myself.

He had good taste, friendo.

Anything from the Casio Vintage collection

Can get a Hamilton Khaki King for not much more, there's your bang for buck watch. More versatile, too.

Friends say too worn out, I like it tho, but I do feel it lacks the "originality"

Go 1980s if you want something original and eye catching. Lots of cool looking Russian watches, or go Seiko.

So I've been thinking about getting a Sekio Prospex PADI, pic related. It would be my first diver but have also had my eye on a Hamilton khaki aviation. I know they are totally different but does anyone have experience with them? I'd appreciate some feedback, thanks in advance

Forgot pic

Good watches for someone with tiny skeleton wrists? Thinking of picking myself up something nice but not feeling the Ben 10 look

I've had this for a while now but find myself wearing it less and less because I just don't find the NATO comfortable. It's a little abrasive, makes the watch sit high, and is not stiff enough to support a watch like this. I was thinking of replacing it with a Bonetto Cinturini rubber strap since I have one on another watch and love it, but I'm open to suggestions.

my nigga

are you only wristlets or manlets?

Both. Had to swap out the bracelet for leather because it look stupid as hell on me.

One day.. One fucking day.

Well, it's a really nice watch. Enjoy it.

6 foot wristlet. Thought a speedy would look too big before i tried it on, that photo makes it look worse than it is.

attaboy, no offence but that strap is just not working.

Can you get a watch that looks as sexy as this ones without having to pay 300 dollars for some transformer ass functionalities? I just want a cute watch and don't care about all of that

This could very well be because I'm not informed at all on watches and so I don't know shit about how they work or why some are more expensive than others (other than looks I mean)

mine. first watch i've worn since childhood. relatively cheap but i am happy with it. goes well with the business casual style at my work and can also wear it casually all the time pretty much. thinking of a dress watch though, perhaps another orient or a seiko.

Any thoughts on Pulsar watches? A local jeweler is having a sale.

nothing wrong with them. in fact they're pretty amazing because Pulsar is a Seiko daughter brand, just like Lorus.

so it's like you'd basically buy a Seiko.

What are people's thoughts on this? Getting married in September and the wife to be wants to buy me a watch for the day. I really like this, but admittedly I have no clue about watches

A watch for the day and the rest of my life. Will this last?

No. It's way overpriced for what you get. A Hamilton Khaki Field has the same exact movement inside, and only costs about $300.

It's the same movement as they made by the same factory or as they are the same design?

ETA SA Manufacture Horlogère Suisse (Or just ETA) makes the movement of just about any watch that says it's Swiss.
The Tag you've posted has the 2824-2 caliber (That is, it has the three hands, and two wheels, one for day, one for date). The Hamilton I mentioned has the exact same features. The Tag is between $1500 and $2500, right? The Hamilton is $300. The only difference is the face of the watch, and maybe a slightly better leather band. Tag charges more purely for the name attached to it.

My family wants to get me a watch for my graduation. Whats are some recommendations for around $500

depends on what you want from the watch
what are you going to use it for?
you can buy a couple of nice cheap watches for that much
skx007 for daily
bulova like the one in the pic for a more dress-y feel
and you will still have 200 left for something else

This watch would be perfect if it was 38-40 mm

Seiko automatics are nice. Superior Japanese craftsmanship and the dial has been folded over 1000 times

I wear a SKX007 daily. It's a great beater, not too worried about it kinda watch. Good entry level auto that won't break the bank. You can dress it up with a metal band (buy aftermarket, the supplied one sucks), wear a NATO strap to dress it down, or buy a leather strap and find a nice medium. I like the rubber band for scuba diving and hospital work(easy cleaning), but I have a NATO on it now.

That being said it depends on what you do for a living/fun. I am a paramedic so a diver works well. A Hamilton or a Orient might work as well.

Glock 43 for size.

There's about £2500 difference between these two watches, friendo. Having said that beauty is in the eye etc so who knows if you'll find a £50 watch attractive.

Can't speak for your taste but I'd go for either the Seiko SARB017 or Hamilton Khaki field automatic at that price. Both are beautiful and seriously good quality for the price.

Would you guys recommend MVMT watches?

mvmtwatches.com/collections/all-mens-watches

Malltier fashion shit. Go with Seiko at that price.

Cool because my friend wouldn't shut up about how awesome it was to have one despite it looking too simple

If he wanted something "simple" that isn't horological dogshit he should have gotten a Stowa or a Nomos.
Though for what he paid for MVMT he could probably get a Panzera if he shops around for it when it shows up at a discount.

Nice work, second hand or new?

whats the expensive version of casio mq24-1b

Second hand but the other guy bought it brand new in December, so got a bit of a discount on it.

R8 please.
>no bully

Tachy scale with no seconds hand, fucking Chinese fakes these days...

Well he mainly bought it because students made it at affordable prices or some crap like that. I don't think he knows much about watches but then again I don't either. What Seiko watch would you recommend?

Terrible quality fake.

I would like to get a Chernobyl Liquidator watch because I like the look. Do you think it would be considered stealing valor if I wore the watch?

pretty sure most of them are dead and you probably don't live in the ex-ussr

I don't. I wasn't sure because I saw people getting mad over the usage of Chernobyl Liquidator patches in the patches and pins thread.

put it in the bin

Get a smaller diameter

that were just autists from /k/.

Is men in the moon that expensive? shit

that seiko/casio version of Steve Job's watch

FYI that omega pic you replied to is a Seamaster, not the moon watch, and yeah they're about £2500-3000 new. That Seiko is a couple of hundred.

Yeah the Seiko was only $400, hopefully one day I can afford a real golden tuna.

w2c fake nomos

You're right, this was last night and I thought it wasn't, anyways does that mean I can't get watches looking that awesome with less than 150 dollars?

It really depends on how specific you are about what you want. Both of those watches are divers so I'm assuming you like the look/features of divers. Do you care if a watch is quartz/automatic?

If you want something in the style of those then you want a dive watch. You can get pic related, which is an absolute classic, for around $150, maybe only a little more, if you shop around.

ali

You can get a cheap dive watch for that, look up Alpha Seamaster which is a direct copy, Orient Mako if you're willing to spend a bit more, Seiko SKX is a classic.

Just copped the SARB035 as my first non-bullsht-fashion-brand watch. Thanks for the recommendation Veeky Forumsgs. Although I wasn't exactly planning on spending $300 on something I definitely don't "need" right now.

How's visibility with that variant?
I prefer dark dials, but the polished hands with no reflective angles and the black dial make it very hard to read, at least that's what I see in the display case and in pics. If they beveled the hands a bit more like with grand seiko, perhaps.
Of if they made a model where the indices and hands were painted stark white, that'd be okay.

Recent cop

Ooooooh, nice. Kind of a Richard Mille shape. What's its serial no?

Just slightly too roundish for my tastes but looks like a good cop

What a terribly framed photo. What the fuck.. This makes me irrationally angry. Watch looks good btw

Returning to Veeky Forums after some time, need serious advice
Blue jeans, white tee and olive bomber is my everyday normie outfit
What watches to pair it with?
What about full black? (black steel strap, black everything)
or maybe something with silicone strap?

where do you buy your straps guys? need some quality and cheap NATOS but don't want to get chinked

I feel like gold would actually look pretty good with that, senpai. What's your budget? Also, maybe it's just me but I'm just not crazy about the black-on-black look on watches.

Let's say up to 800 dollars. I am more curious about style than specific model.
I think gold would look perfect but not in eastern europe and not with my confidence, I just don't feel for gold.

What's Veeky Forums's opinion on the brand Movado, in general terms? Asking for my gf. She was given one by an ex like, 10 years ago or something (not sure what model, she has to go look for it). She thought Movado was cheesy af so she literally never even took it out of the box. Should she try and sell it, or should she just rock it? Once I found out she had one I kinda felt like it was going to waste just rotting in the closet.

mall-tier imo, so not worthless but close

>She was given one by an ex like
Throw it away you idiot.

wgaf? It wasn't a serious ex, just a guy she saw for a couple of months. Hence why he didn't know her taste in jewelry. Once you grow up a little you'll stop worrying about meaningless shit like who somebody you're fucking has fucked in the past.

>my girlfriend has a gift from an ex
>should she keep a gift from an ex
Is that a real question?

buy yourself a HOMOS cuck, you deserve it

See

I, too, am against black on black watches. I think I black dial with a standard steel bracelet would work better

Do you guys do legit checks?

Got this as an 18th birthday present from my dad
Not very expensive but looks pretty classy imo and you can't fault the simplicity
Works brilliantly, would highly recommend

Need a nice watch Veeky Forums. Max is around $500, what we got as suggestions?

I'm looking for a watch for casual wear (palewave and punk for summer and winter respectively) as well as something I can use at work.
Anything that fits the bill for all of these criteria?

Can't go wrong with a Tissot.