Skinny guys and leather jackets

Help me Veeky Forums. I wanna change my style a little. I'm 20 and work in local government. My workplace is a little casual so I wear regular clothes instead of suits. I wear skinny jeans, converses, thin jumpers, that sort of stuff. I'm also super skinny, 5'7 (170 cm) and 110lbs (Manlet).

I want to buy a leather jacket but I don't know where to start. Most of the men I see that wear wear leather jackets have muscular body types. It looks like something like this would just dwarf me even more. What types/styles of leather jackets are there? How would this look on a skinny man and what should I wear with a leather jacket?

Willing to spend a max of £250/300 on a leather jacket.

Other urls found in this thread:

falcongarmentsco.com/
amazon.com/Nomad-USA-Classic-Biker-Jacket/dp/B00LV8PAPU/ref=pd_sbs_263_6?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00LV8PAPU&pd_rd_r=NWPS17ZQGJGDS75PXYRX&pd_rd_w=SWs1O&pd_rd_wg=uJHRA&psc=1&refRID=NWPS17ZQGJGDS75PXYRX
grailed.com/listings/2039244-Schott-NYC-Schott-Perfecto-Black-Lambskin-Leather-Jacket
lewisleathers.com/productinfo.html?code=jak-60
10thingszine.blogspot.fi/2007/09/doc-martens.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stop trying to be special at work. Wear what your co-workers wear except do it better.

Do not attempt leather, you are not ready for it.

Presumably you are saying I should wear suits? None of my co workers wear formal clothing except managers. Everyone wears jeans, casual shirts and just informal clothing in general.

I don't work at your work. I don't know what they wear. The instructions are clear: do what they do but do it better.
If you're trying to stand out too much you are being a faggot and people will notice that and it'll hurt you.

Oh ok. People pretty much wear what I wear so Normie shit.

I guess in my workplace, a leather jacket would be something different but in all honestly i don't think I would care all that much. It would be different if it was something more extravagant than a leather jacket. It's not like leather jackets are rarely ever seen

Don't buy a leather jacket if you aren't willing to spend at least 800-1000 bucks. It's going to look like shit and you're just going to wish you had saved up for a decent one.

user 300 is low for a leather jacket.Unless you buy used/vintage don't even bother buying new.

>LEATHER.

DISGUSTING.

Had a feeling I would get replies like this. I can afford this but I'm wondering if it's really worth the investment. I know they will obviously last longer if you buy one with good material and there's also the fact that they can be matched with a lot of outfits and that they are a timeless piece, but 800-1000 on one item is insane to me.

Even if you don't care about quallity, cheap leather jackets look like made out of plastic. Is just a style that you can't cut corners user.Just save it up insted of blowing in a cheap jacket.

It's just that cheaper jackets physically look shittier. I know because I made that mistake. Looking to sell asap but it's hard selling shit that looks cheap that no one wants.

I'd say in the 800-1000 range, the BLK DNM ones look great. I'm saving up for an SLP one personally.

BLK DNM is made in China shit. Falcon Garments is the best bang for buck in that range and they're also MTM, so the fit is going to be better.

>Willing to spend a max of £250/300 on a leather jacket.
Stop

You can get something great second hand for half this budget though

Go to eBay
Search Ralph Lauren leather jacket in ur size
Filter used

You're welcome

is that the reborn hoj ?

Just get a denim jacket and be happy that you didn't spend 300 dollars on a fucking trash bag. If you need to ask if you can pull of the leather jacket you cant pull it off.

leather jackets look good my dude, especially if you're white, and make sure your hair goes along with it. Just try one on and see how you feel, some people just aren't meant to rock the leather jackets, you also have to have a bit of a certain "attitude" with it.
Trust me, you'll know when a leather jacket feels right on you

Yes.

falcongarmentsco.com/

I just spent 200€ on a cowhide biker-jacket. Fits me well, doesn't look plastic-y at all. The only complaint is with the inner-lining, it seems flimsy at points. But fuck it, I know how to sew.

But yeah, just because you need to come to this cespool already means that you probably wouldn't be able to pull one off. Unless you look cute, like femboy-cute or some shit. Then i'd guess a tight leather-jacket may bring some edge to compensate for dat twink-ass.

Truth: unless the jacket is

No, they look even worse irl. It's very easy to spot a pleather jacket.

80% of the people that walk around in the streets don't even know the difference, or won't notice it.

That being said, I wouldn't say that fit or feel would be a main-reason to splurge on a Schott because "OMGGUH MUH HERITAGE AND MARLON BRANDO-FIT AND FEEEL", because different brands and companies are always going to have different fits and cuts on their jackets.

Fuck, i'm retarded. It's just that people seem to think that leather jackets are like this holy grail of clothing that only a few percentage can get down with. Women tho seem to pull them off better.

OP, I'm 6'1" and 120lbs and wear leather jackets. It's a good look, but only if you're attractive and you can pull off a sexy/aloof indie boy look, otherwise you'll just look like you're trying too hard to look like a tough biker. Your budget is good, just make sure you get it tailored, and consider adding some pins to it.

Few can pull of the biker-look. Lanky, "a-am i-i- e-f-effay y-yet?" indie boyzzzzzz can look just as awful as those near-balding middle-aged guys with Harley Davidson-shirts, pointy boots and cowboy-hats.

>I wear leather jackets
>Only if you're attractive
Nice way to compliment yourself(low key user).

>also super skinny, 5'7 (170 cm) and 110lbs (Manlet).
Yeah those aren't good stats for a leather jacket. Skinny works just do Parisian styling like saint Laurent.
Also
>Willing to spend a max of £250/300 on a leather jacket.
Save up a touch more. Get a kooples jacket

dont pay attention to these kind of retards all leather jackets looks the same the only difference is in the quality of the materials if you want one made out of real leather and dont want to spend ridiculous amounts of money on something that you dont even know if you can pull off then get a jacket like this one they look as good and fit as good as those silly 700+ jackets the only difference is that the leather is not as good as a 700+ jacket but it fits and looks exactly the same

amazon.com/Nomad-USA-Classic-Biker-Jacket/dp/B00LV8PAPU/ref=pd_sbs_263_6?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00LV8PAPU&pd_rd_r=NWPS17ZQGJGDS75PXYRX&pd_rd_w=SWs1O&pd_rd_wg=uJHRA&psc=1&refRID=NWPS17ZQGJGDS75PXYRX

the fit on the jacket you linked is bad. look at how its zipped up, and look where the small pocket is. it's in the middle. it just looks stupid, and they've zipped it on the model to hide it.

>leather jackets should never be zipped up

i had a really nice allsaints kushiro jacket for a few years, would only zip it up when i was also wearing this allsaints biker hood. got stolen though. fucking pissed.

would say allsaints is best £300 leather you're gonna get, you can buy an allsaints leather jacket, quench the desire to have a decent jacket, and not spend thousands of pounds. I've worn literally every kind of SLP leather jacket they've produced and i don't like them, too tight, you can't bend your arms in them and i can fit my hand around my entire arm. i actually prefer the allsaints to SLP, they're more authentic looking, don't have this plastic high-quality sheen, the leather seems thicker, probably shittier quality but at least i dont shit myself about leaning against walls

>the small pocket is. it's in the middle

its actually to the side look at the pictures the buyers have posted it looks exactly and fits axactly as a 700+ jacket the only difference is the quality of the materials this one wont last decades

If you lift 2/3/4/5 you have permission to wear a leather jacket.

If girls rate you 8 or higher you have permission to wear a leather jacket.

If you have just got off or are about to get on your motorcycle you have permission to wear a leather jacket.

If people pay you to do stand-up comedy you have permission to wear a leather jacket.

You forgot

if you dont give a fuck about what other people think and want to do what you want in this short life which could be over at any moment you might not have permission to wear a leather jacket but who cares wear it anyways

>whatcha thinking about, dear?

>i'm just thinking about that time I spent $1200 on a leather jacket and I looked like a retard and everyone laughed at me and i sold it on grailed at a loss, but not as big of a loss as it might have been.
>that was my proudest achievement in this short life.

favelaclothing

How to Fenrizcore?

kek

SLP leather jackets are usually buttery soft and delicate lambskin that's thin and can't take a beating like calf or goat.

You shouldn't wear a fashion leather jacket if you ride. There are proper protective jackets that are meant for riding.

I don't believe I implied otherwise.

seconded. Got the DR1 in goat a while ago and its the best jacket I have ever owned. Since you're so small, off the rack isn't gonna work for you, you need a MTM or custom jacket and MTM is cheaper.

I have a used all saints leather jacket that I picked up for 200 something. I feel like it's what a leather jacket should be. It's cheap so you don't care if it gets beat up. It's real leather. Fit is pretty good.
Remember when Leather Jackets came out, it was for the outcast of soceity that couldn't afford good clothes. It's were the bad boy image came from. It's a real fucking oxymoron that Leather Jackets are so much money nowadays, that if you actually spend 800+ on one to just look like a bad boy, your gonna come off looking like a poser.

I'm a skinny fat guy still living with my parents, also girls rate me 6.5/10. Tell me who is going to enforce this permission to wear rule, because you nor anyone can tell me what to wear or not to wear if I spend money on it.

I'll shill myself.
grailed.com/listings/2039244-Schott-NYC-Schott-Perfecto-Black-Lambskin-Leather-Jacket

Are you really this stupid, m8? No, no one here can physically prevent you from making a huge mistake. You're right.

What I am saying is that unless you fit into a category like that: chances are you will look like a retard. People will snigger behind your back, you will have spent lots of money to look like a complete wanker.

There is no point to paying lots of money to look like a complete wanker. It won't even be that you're too "next level" for plebs like a lot of people on Veeky Forums that "dress for themselves" like to pretend they are.
It'll just be that you got something that is hard to pull off and you FAILED.

could you or someone else post an example of someone who looks good and someone who looks bad on a leather jacket

No, do your own homework. Go find two people willing to tell you if you look like an idiot. Two, not one. They should also have some taste and some experience with the opposite sex.
Then go to a store and try some leather jackets on. Ask them if you look like an idiot.
If you look good: go with God, my son. Wear a leather jacket.
No one wants to deprive you of sick fits. They are just warning you that this is a fedora for your torso. It is possible you would look good. It is not likely. Especially if you buy some shit from online with no experience.

Grow a bushy, but slim beard. Grow out your hair. Look like all you do is sit in your tiny apartment in the borders of Oslo, drink beer and spin through rare, undergroud promo-records to show off in your podcast. In the mean time, go sit in meetings at the town-hall, take your cat with you for boredom.

Fuzzy sweaters, old band-tees, prob some black boots, wear a jacket like on the pic, vintage-rock 'n' roll-shit in general. Get a few nice tattoos.

The same shit has happened to every even-slightly underground-piece of clothing so far.

Doc Martens, the OG-British ones, a pair used to be around 20£ (like £60 nowadays, adjusted for inflation). But of course, production costs have risen and since there's a clear market, people will pay more. Even when I take these variables into account, I have a seriously hard time imagining that teenager working minimum wage back in the 60's even had the patience to save up and buy a """"starter""""" jacket, when people here spout on about how a jacket HAS to be over $500 to be considered even decent. Hell, let alone buying a fucking Harley. Even a proper jacket that's actually made for riding a motorcycle on the highway costs less than a Schott, a jacket that holds its status because some actors and the Ramones wore it. The entire "DUDE REBELLION AGAINST SOCIETY BY BUYING A +$1000 JACKET LMAO"-thing is a meme anyway, there are more brands than Schott when it comes biker-jackets anyway.

i'm this guy btw

Looking for something like this.. Any help?

Alex Turner wears Lewis Leathers jackets. It could be the Corsair.

lewisleathers.com/productinfo.html?code=jak-60

The 20% who will notice are theones that really matter. Aim high. Don't compromise.

The thing about leather is that it's a niche business now. In the 30s you could get a jacket from Sears and it would be what you pay a grand for today.
That's one of the reasons people in these threads frequently tell you that if you aren't rich and you want leather you buy old school leather from eBay.
Not many people make them at a high level so there is not a whole of competition to drive down the price. And the reason not many people make them is not many people buy them.
A similar thing has happened with suits. A complete loser in the 30s would have a suit that fits better than 90% of people's suits today was also made out of better shit.

this is true and its true of clothes generally...the paradox of cool clothes costing so much theyre no longer cool, by definition

One thing I heard about Docs was they were always expensive as fuck in the USA. To the point where the true punk thing to do was you rolled some rich kid for his.

Anyone have some great leather jacket inspo?

They became known in USA through music-culture anyways, and you had to mail-order them from UK. Read about it here; 10thingszine.blogspot.fi/2007/09/doc-martens.html

Do you live in Australia, Saudiarabia or Bumfuck, America? This line of reasoning is so fucking foreign to me.

You'll have to clarify what you mean if I'm to respond.

What kind of shithole do you live in where anyone - even the trashiest normie - would at all bat an eye at a leather jacket? Have you ever been outside?