Do any of you lads cut your own hair?

Got any tips? Photos of your hair?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/360Jeezy
youtube.com/watch?v=uV19i44R74o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I trim my own ball hair

I'll try to take a photo

I did for about 2 years, gave myself a very extreme undercut (my old barber messed up my hair under basic, clear request), though I've stopped as of late so I can grow out my hair.

Go slow, go up the grain, cut it longer than what you want first so you have some wiggle room if you screw up, and plenty of mirrors are a must if you can't get someone else to do the back for you.

sounds autistic.
Sounds like you dont have the social abilities to go outside and talk with your barber and such.
Heres what i do.
1. Make an appointment
2. Show a pic of what i want or say "the regular"
3. Make small talk for 10 minutes
4. wait it out
5. have sick cut
6. pay 15 bucks

Cutting your own hair is like keeping a garden - it's not so much about sculpting as it is about cultivating. I let mine grow from a clean shave for a few months, continuously trimming sides and back. I actually get compliments for my haircut and it looks great as all my hair whorls (is that the word? In German we say "Wirbel") play out naturally. Sorry for potato cam.

>have sick cut
This is where your plan falls apart.

I've been cutting my hair for ~3ish years. I initially started doing it to save money but now I do it cause it's kind of fun. I do a decent job and people usually can't tell I cut it myself unless I tell them

What is your point? You fucking faggot.

Cheers desu, I presume you were using scissors. I was thinking of doing a long buzz around the sides and scissor trimming the top. I still have to work it out.

Though shaving it all is easy, and interesting to see the different lengths your hair grows through, I don't know if I can hack very short hair at the moment. If I had the cajones I might try something like this, I will think about it.

Nice man.

i do. this is actually longer than i prefer on top. if you want to do it right, you need the right equipment, which means at the very least a good set of clippers and a clipper comb. i use an andis master, which is good, but pretty heavy. something lighter and smaller might be a better choice, but i'm used to it.

watch a lot of videos and take your time. there are only a few cuts you can really do, and don't think you're gonna give yourself a perfect fade/taper your first time--you won't. if you want a good fade, the most important and hardest part is giving yourself a good line. fading a line isn't too hard, but making a line that follows the shape of your head isn't easy.

i kinda cheat. i use fabric chalk from my sewing kit to draw a line on my head and then cut it. makes things a lot easier than just doing it with a mirror in your hand.

a shitty taper/obvious line will "grow in" and be mostly unnoticeable after about 3 or 4 days, although it could be a week if you fuck up really bad, so if you're gonna cut your hair, plan around not leaving those 3-4 days if you're worried about how it looks.

>>Sounds like you dont have the social abilities to go outside and talk with your barber and such.

nah see, i just really do not like my hair being long on the sides at all but getting my hair cut every 3 weeks was both a pain in the ass and a waste of money. my schedule also makes it difficult to get in during the day, which didn't help any.

also, don't just watch videos of people cutting their own hair, watch professionals too.

youtube.com/user/360Jeezy

this guy has a lot of videos where he shows his entire process and specifies which guards he uses for each step.

>alpha m. anlet

kidding, he's cool.

I do cut my own hair. just keep it simple and try to put the hair between your fingers while cutting so you have an appropriate length to take off and so that you don't go overboard with it.

Yeah. I just give myself an Ivy. It's easy, plus it's not trendy, so I'm happy with it.

I use the taper guard right above the ear, and then I go around my head at the same level to the other ear. All of it stays at the same level. I use a 3 right above, and then just cut with scissors slightly over finger width to transition around the temples. At the top I do about a finger and a half to two finger width.

yeah i do this sort of knochensack haircut, took a lot of time at first but as of now I'm getting pretty comfy at it though my perfectionism still makes it take longer than with a barber. I do everything with clippers

just don't get cocky. I started to cut my hair without mirrors and I fucked up

exactly that reeeeee

>make small talk for 10 minutes

only the sides and back with clippers when it gets too long

I've been cutting my own hair for probably like six years now, although lately I've been letting things grow out because it's been a while since I had it long. I usually just use an electric clippers to trim everything to an inch, which works just fine as long as you don't have a weird-shaped head. That's not going to be complicated enough for most of you Veeky Forumsnatics, but that's your business.

My advice is to just go to your local drugstore, buy whatever clippers they happen to carry (it should be like $40), and then experiment. Let your hair grow out and try different things you think might look good on you. If you don't like how it turns out, you can always buzz it and try again in a few months. Maybe cheap friends / relatives / neighbors will let you practice on them (or their kids) in order to save a few bucks.

Anybody says anything, your excuse is that you're trying to learn new skills and try new things, why are they not on board with your restless self-improvement?

You don't need to make small talk lol, that guy is just a try hard who strives to be his perception of what a normie is. If you don't want to make small talk just don't

I do. undercut, so usually just gradually clip the back and sides while cutting the top with scissors.
by far the hardest part is maintaining the hair in the center.

yes

>buzz

I've always shaved my own head. Couldn't imagine going to a barber like a pleb.

I do. Get yourself a trimmer along with some guards. Make sure you have two mirrors; one right in front of you, and a smaller one you can hold in your hand. Use it to see if the back of your head has been cut. This tutorial will come in handy. I have been doing it for nearly 3 years. But sometimes I let my friend do it for me, not anymore though. youtube.com/watch?v=uV19i44R74o

>Have long locks of bishonen esque hair
>Not a 10/10 but still pretty unique and brings out my better facial features
>Fringe is ruining my eyesight and I don't want to look like an emo faggot and wear glasses at the same time
>Go to my usual barber
>I'm noticably younger than the barber and his usual customers so it's more intimidating talking to him
>He makes initiative before I can muster up the courage to say what I want
>"You want the usual?"
>I'm a bit nervous but trust him enough and agree
>He takes off my glasses
>I'm fucking blind
>He asks me how much I want cut
>I let him do his business, tell him not to cut too much
>He's finished
>I finally get to put my glasses on
>I look like fucking doc Ock from Spiderman
>Ask him to cut the fringe a bit more
>It's slightly fixed but to the expense of everything having to be cut off
>I look butt ugly
>I have no other choice but to accept it and scream inside
>He taps me on the shoulders and tells me "you're done"
>He turns away for a minute to get something
>Thinking I was done just leave
>2 days later I remember I forgot to fucking pay
Just end my life please.

days later I remember I forgot to fucking pay

LOL

Love you man.

youtube.com/watch?v=uV19i44R74o

Always though I'm alright at it

You forgot to mention the $20 tip you give, you fucking faggot.

I wish my hair was as thick and dark as that.