decantshop.com/
theperfumedcourt.com/
surrendertochance.com/
perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...

I keep hearing everywhere how great this was before it was discontinued. Is there anything similar right now?

i agree about the prejudice, i never had the original so i can't speak for it but there are a lot of crybabies who follow the anti-hype around it.
i would also agree with your comment about most people expect more out of it from just the general scent character, when i spray the one EDP straight out of the bottle, it smells very heavy, deep and rich and the longevity isn't indicative of this at all

Just bought the discovery set from Atelier Cologne, did i do well?

>My go-to is usually Le Labo The Noir 28

Ha, since I brought it up last thread I'd say yeah you did. Still haven't ordered mine yet, but soon, soon.

Would you recommend Le Labo ? I live next to the town they're established in, may give them a visit

not him but for me it would depend on your budget, their products are quite steep and quite daring for the most part

What would you wear while hiking in the desert, temps around 90f?

What would you wear while hiking in the forest, temps around 70f?

What would you wear while hiking in the mountains, temps around 60f?

The value seems really good, $35 for 32 samples + the voucher? I'm almost suspicious...

I really like Le Labo I wouldn't call them overly expensive (certainly not compared to Creed and some others). I've sampled almost all of the scents and generally positive, I wouldn't call them too daring actually like another user said a lot of it is centered around some pretty classic notes. I'd say definitely worth checking out at least, I started just buying up all the samples on their website

Nothing

Nothing

Nothing

Best not to wear fragrance when doing exercise like that. Just use deoderant

Bentley for Men Absolute

My favorite relatively recent designer fragrance. Shit lasts forever and smells amazing

Wore the edt to work the other day
"user you always smell so fucking amazing" Considering I hardly wear it
Feels good man

nice man, i've still never landed a compliment with the edp but maybe one day
i just moved to florida and that shit is way too heavy for just about anywhere except the dead of winter, so i'm sure it'll see even less use
time to drown myself in memeventus for the summer until the creed jews force me to buy a 100ml bottle hahaha fuck

Any recommendations for a good Middle-East oud fragrance? I'm guessing that's one of the holes in my growing collection. I'm in Canada, so buying from fragrancex is out of the question.

20/m $200 maplebux max

Thanks /frag/

Can anyone recommend a non-designer freshie that's not Aventus but still very widely liked and masculine?

Thoughts pls

Creed Millesime Imperial
Thierry Mugler Cologne

Unless both of those are considered designer...

Yeah they're bracket creeping with their prices and sizes hey?
I've always wanted Memeventus & MI. Worth buying now you reckon?

>What would you wear while hiking in the desert, temps around 90f?
Kouros

>What would you wear while hiking in the forest, temps around 70f?
Guerlain Vetiver

>What would you wear while hiking in the mountains, temps around 60f?
Drakkar Noir

Aoud Lime
Aoud Cuir d'Arabie

GIT

Let's say niche, but nothing creed, what other suggestions do you have?

>very widely liked
>niche, but nothing creed

Like implied, Creed is basically the king of well-liked niche freshies and you should try 6-8 of the top ones before writing off the house. Otherwise, check out anything of Tom Ford's in a blue bottle, Atelier Cologne's Originale line, Acqua di Parma colonia/essenza/assoluta. That's what comes to mind in the popular/fresh/niche Venn diagram.

fragrancebuy.ca

I had a month or two where I thought that. Now it just seems really dry and harsh. I wonder if I've changed or it has (Could very well just be me. Since I got got DH not-eau, it may have raised my expectations).

Le Labo Bergamote 22
Profumum Roma Victrix

le labo berg 22 - would just get DHC instead though

heeley sel marin (this is an aquatic not 'freshie' though)

frapin l'humaniste - probably the best smelling 'fresh' scent ever just terrible longevity for price point

not a fan of hermes/bond9 as they're overrated, creed is pretty fantastic though and they fit your description in general for a niche fresh house (SMW, MI etc.)

I was right you god damn fools Egoiste Platinum smells really generic, the normal Egoiste must be even worse

Designer frags are trash

If you'd get DHC instead of b22 (I wouldn't), then you might as well consider Allure Homme Edition Blanche instead of L'humaniste.

Egoiste is horrendous. Have you tried Antaeus? I'd like to hear it from someone who didn't fall for the Egoiste meme

What does Veeky Forums think of Mr. Burberry?

My impression was a BdC/Sauvage bandwagon jumper.

How so?

i didnt try antaeus

comme des garcons 2 man

Not him but I had the exact same thoughts. It smells very similar to both of those scents but not quite as good as either. I'd recommend just getting one of those two if you dont have the Burberry already.

I don't really get any harshness from it at all, but I definitely do get a very clean dryness to it. It works really with a freshly ironed dress shirt and tie. I'd recommend Roma Uomo for the same purpose, it accomplishes almost the same thing but a bit less "harsh" and without the iris. Shit smells amazing too

hey, sorry for the late reply

memeventus is definitely worth a buy especially if you can get it sub $220 from a fragrance split group on facebook or something. i would say MI isn't worth a buy unless you're just really into the bottle collecting aspect of the hobby. i have a bottle of MI and a bottle of DUA imperial pasteque and i honestly can't tell the difference and the DUA lasts like twice as long.

i agree with mr burberry has this whack grapefruit note and doesn't smell as refreshing or as pleasing as sauvage. if sauvage is a teenager and bdc is an adult then mr burberry is their grandfather, it just smells old

Please trip

no

But your wholesale dismissal of all designer frags as trash is so bold and daring and refreshing, I see you as a trendsetter not just on /frag/ but in the fragrance world as a whole. Do not hide your light under a bushel. People need to know it's you before biters come along and steal your thunder.

Fragrancebuy.ca has a pretty good selection of middle eastern frags, and they're the cheapest site you'll find. They do have some Amouage for about 220.00 CAD.

Don't let Bondfag hear you say that!

Thoughts on this? I usually lean towards sweeter fragrances like Noir Extreme, but this is sweet and fresh at the same time and more daytime

Aventus Masterrace reporting in

Ordered these
>Terre d'hermes EDT, v nice
>Versace pour homme, cheap and inoffensive
>Heeley Sel Marin sample, decent amount of hype, supposedly not that generic
:)

Red Wing Iron Rangers of frag world

huh?

babbys first more expensive purchase in its category, with the associated circlejerk of same babbys trying to validate their purchase and patting each other on the back for their great taste.

Got this the other day. Really interesting stuff. Opens with wet soil and tropical fruit, dries down into green leather with a bit of tropical fruit and fig.

The lady at the store also gave me some very generous samples of Herod and Initio Absolute Aphrodisiac. Have to say, the Initio is probably the very best vanilla note I've ever smelled in a fragrance.

first expensive purchase was Tom ford oud wood though

I wrote off creed because while I love fragrances like Aventus and GIT, it's an expensive brand, and I'm looking for something that is preferably less than $150US for a full bottle.

Thanks for the suggestions.

You're just jaded. platinum Egoiste is the first fragrance that had that scent, everyone else copied it after. So now it's "generic". It also smells like A&F Fierce, which I own.

I love it. It has a feminine vibe to it if you don't mind it. I mostly wear it during a cool fall day. The sillage and projection is also above average so keep that in mind.

I personally like using TDH in the fall/winter.

He's hiking outdoors, not at the gym.

Almost no one I know uses fragrance, haven't smelled anything off my guys in my area during commutes and trips out.
Should I try Sauvage, or is it too memey?

It's not that it's memey, it just doesn't really smell that great. I keep giving it a shot and waiting for it to wear out so I can wear the next thing. If you want to go full compliment meme, just do BdC

I'd go to a department store or sephora, see what you like the smell of, and go from there. Or let a sister or girlfriend pick out what they think would fit you.

What you're asking is basically like someone who doesn't know what adidas boosts look like asking "should I buy adidas boosts." It's probably a safe buy, buy why not at least look at a picture of them first.

Dear God,
Why don't LeLabo and Bond and ELDO and Tom Ford and and and every house offer such a simple and comprehensive sampling scheme that all but guarantees a person will buy at least one bottle and add multiple others to their wish list instead of sending them off to pay a third party 3-5x the cost to sample with no incentive to buy more?
Thanks,
user

Exactly. Even wearing the most popular fragrance, the odds of anyone recognizing it are so minute. Wear what you like.

Honestly. Higher end shops still give out samples in the US. You used to be able to write frag reps and they'd mail you samples. I actually called the local Barney's, talked to their Creed person and she mailed me a bunch of samples ffs. This new philosophy of charging for samples is BS.

My guess is that the houses are caught in a difficult position. If they give away samples to interested parties, that policy is abused by a few hundred or thousand people who sell them on eBay. If they offer comprehensive sampler packs/rebates, it damages their relationships with retailers who rely on exclusivity and controlled distribution for foot traffic. So, I get it. I don't like it, but I get it. It's just frustrating as hell since retailers almost never carry a house's entire line. It's like shopping for music in the pre-internet years.

stop being such a fucking hipster

Damn that's a sexy bottle. Interesting sounding note breakdown.
It would be interesting to get a non solicited comment on it.
"Who smells like literal bat shit?" haha

Yeah I understand this. My local department had a Tom Ford boutique that would give out 4ml samples. I must have gotten 10 4ml samples over the years whenever I drop by. That's almost retail worth of a bottle they've lost.
Now you have to give them your email address haha. I just give them a fake one. Works everytime.

terre d'hermes is overrated

How does a fresh frag like Scent of Peace have so much longevity and silage? What kind of magic did Bond no.9 use with this thing? It's crazy

Imo their whole line is overrated. Some of their scents are decent/good, but not worth the price tag.

smells like a slightly better zagorsk

Which version did you get?

You're horrible but I kind of respect your game.

What's the most expensive colognes you guys ever bought?

Pic related is $5,500.

Most expensive cologne I ever bought was Bleu de Chanel 150 ml for like $125.

Aventus retail before I knew about the grey market

Feelsbadman

Vintage Yohji, around $140 iirc.

it says nothing so the original i assume

Saved me $300 didn't it haha
and I got to try all of them without falling into the trap of buying a bottle. To put it in perspective, the only 4ml sample I actually went through was Mandarino di Amalfi. Glad I didn't impulse buy any of the others out of inaccessibility to sample

How could anyone blind buy anything this is so fucking dumb

Get a sample first you idiots

Whats the strongest sented cologne you can buy at macys? Going tomorrow

Aventus for like...$180.

I paid retail for 100ml Bond Soho last year... $335 but this was during one of their buy two get one promos so the final price is convoluted.

terre d'hermes, what a meme, ruined my day

Haha, yeah, the lady at the store even said you probably don't want to go out for about 15-20 minutes after applying it. Personally, I love the opening, but it's definitely not for everyone. Kinda smells like a bunch of fruit that's fallen out of some trees and is rotting on the jungle floor, but not putrid rot, more like just started to rot and still has that sweet, almost sickly-sweet smell. It's very, very unique.

The drydown is much more wearable, I'd have no problem going out with it on. I'd just make sure that I wait a while before I do.

Roja Enigma EDP for 315.00 US plus customs and shipping (I'm a leaf).

I tried Boss The Scent today and I like the leathery spiciness of it, it reminds me of a barbers for some reason.
Though I don't like the longevity of it being 4-5 hours then it goes.
Any recommendations of something similar at a designer pricerange? I can't afford niche fragrances.
I was thinking of trying Paco Rabanne pour homme.

What about it bothers you?

smells too much like zagorsk

What about zagorsk bothers you?

smells like some minerals, smells like ... afghanistan

less intense than zagorsk so it doesnt exactly evoke the russian church shapes

so it evokes middle eastern mud/sand buildings

Oh, well if the mineral aspect bothers you then, yeah, TDH probably isn't for you. If the cumin-induced body odor thing bothered you, I was going to suggest the edp, but a subdued mineral component is present in that one as well.

I don't really get he Zagorsk connection, but it's been at least a year since I've smelled it, so maybe I'm missing something. I've also never been to Afghanistan, so maybe our references and noses are completely different.

I bought Mancera Cedrat Boise, and vintage LIDGE both for around the same price I think. ~$90 or so. I don't think I could ever go higher than $100 for a fragrance. There are so many good, versatile, unique, etc, etc, ones below that price point and the fact that I would pay even as much as $100 for smelly water kind of just seems ridiculous when you stop and think about it.

YSL l'homme or Yohji homme?

Been debating between L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme, Lacoste Essential, or Eau de Lacoste Blanc for my daily rider. GF got me a bottle of Issey because she liked the smell but she compliments me more when I'm wearing Lacoste.

Could never bring myself to pay over $100-ish for cologne. I had a hard time stomaching $90 for a big bottle of Eau de Lacoste Blanc.