How to dress when I study in Russia next semester...

How to dress when I study in Russia next semester? Where I'm from we sweat our balls off and the girls all wear yoga pants to class. Apparently in Russia jeans don't cut the mustard, except for on casual friday

I'm extremely liable to go full retard if someone doesn't convince me to stay away from milsurp

I know I'll need a puffy jacket

I DO NOT want to look like a street wear bum

Shia looks cold here

What kind of boots should I get? Something dark, rn I only have timbs

Its gonna be nipply

C A N A D A G O O S E

/unabombercore/

bean boots are pretty good if its gonna be wet. theyre fairly ugly though.

Thanks for the replies gents. I assume you mean those duck boots? Personally I hate them because they're ugly and yeah, every normie has them. But ah well, it'll be better than any shit they have there.

Apparently clothes cost more there and have shittier quality, I will have to pick up a couple telnyashkas though

Are his britches gray or khaki?

Honestly, as long as you don't dress like your standard American/Western European tourist I doubt you'll get any shit.

That could be a bad idea. Telnyashkas are regarded as a badge of pride by some current and former soldiers and some could see it as stolen valor. Think of it as the Russian equivalent of wearing one of those grey Army PT jackets even though you never served.
You run the chance of getting your ass kicked by a drunk VDV vatnik if you walk around with a blue telny showing under your collar.

Haha yeah I meant on the way back, I appreciate the concern for my safety of course. Кинo was a great band btw

Anyone have that russian underground elctronic music video with all the scummy kids smoking and drinking and running around in the streets. Has a girl with a shaved head too

Thing is I have no idea what the standard tourist would look like. Right now I only have one pair of fitting khakis, I'll probably pick up another in a different shade. I basically will have to build an entire wardrobe, I've lived in south Carolina my whole life.

Search "cheeki breeki meet the bandits"

Full adidas

>Big Lake
My spring semester will be in Irkutsk, by Lake Baikal. Apparently it holds 20% of the worlds freshwater. A guy who studied there a couple years ago told me it was frozen over during his spring semester

So this is a no-no or a recommendation? I'm unsure, any Slavs I've met have asked me a lot about Trump.

Пo-мoeмy мнeнию oн пpocтo aктop

Wasn't the video I was talking about.

OP ur the Vladivostok guy I've seen numerous times recently? I'm the one who spent 5 days there last week.

Damn man, I live in Irkutsk. Probably the first time annybody mentioned that city on this website.
One of the dullest cities in Russia if I'm being honest.
There's like 1 nice place to go and it's a street full of shops, cafes and a mall (130th Square)
Baikal is nice though if you like views.

they look light gray to me but it may just be the lighting

Yep that's me bo

From pics I've seen it looks like a screensaver there, idk why I'd rather go to those places than Moscow or St.Petes

FULL US BDU
alternatively an Adidas tracksuit and a bottle of vodka

It's the most bydlo city in Russia.

t. knower of different people from there

In short, if you want to do fashion and not get into trouble, you just don't. Otherwise aim for your typical European/American style. Polo shirts with jeans also work for millionaire-wannabes. It's not about clothing, it's about being constantly disappointed and laugh or smile only when drunk or when you see other people get into trouble

Moscow and St.Petes are not bad as long as you steer clear from some areas. I've spent my childhood years at the Russian south and got used to it, but whenever I go to some other city I try get out and forget what I saw as soon as possible. Dull is not as bad, as long as you don't get junkie youths attacking you in packs for pocket change. Hostel is based on a true story, I can feel it.

>bydlo
What did he mean by this?