Question:

Question:

Hiring my first employee. The payroll company says I need to give them the "state withholding" information and "DOL unemployment" info.

The fuck are they talking about? How do I get this shit.

I live in Georgia.

have them fill out a w4 send a copy to payroll company

I THINK I understand how to setup the unemployment shit with the GA DOL

but not fuckin idea how to set up the state withholding.

Yeah I got that part for the employee,

I think it's asking for my company info?

>Hiring my first employee.
if you don't know what you are doing tell the employee that the position is already filled, tell HR that he changed his mind and all is well. nobody will ever know you screwed it up.

Just confused what to do after following the link

Its my company. It's just me. I'm hiring a full time assistant.

Will you be providing her with the kneepads or does she need to get her own?

Like I'm gonna pay for employee clothing or garments!

Good god how did you survive this long?

Literally Google "GA state withholding number" and "GA unemployment number"

who is that semon demon?

business has been going pretty good. The unemployment thing I think I got.

But yes I have googled it, and am looking over the GADOR site, I cant figure out how to get the withholding number.

Helga Lovekaty I think

ty user

>Helga Lovekaty

It's a body that shouts: "make me pregnant"

Is he married or single?

How many allowances is he claiming? (Generally how many kids does he have)

Again, I think the payroll company is asking for MY state withholding number, like the one of the business.

Which I did not know I needed till this point.

Just looking for a quick how to, of how I get that number.

I'd be willing to fuck her even with a big preggo belly

Cool. I think most men here would do the same.

Jesus dude, just ask the payroll company. Also, you will probably need an accountant to do your tax returns. They can answer that question too if not even doing it for you. You can also ask your local SBA (Small Business Administration) office. Find you local office at SBA dot Gov. Actually, if you are this much in the dark, I'd recommend making contact with all three.

Preciate it.

Yeah Im callin the payroll company on Monday, just thought I would see if bros here have a tip.

Yeah, so they need to fill out 2 federal forms ... not sure if they need anything more than that in Georgia, but probably not.
The w-4 as previously mentioned, but also the I-9 form, which is to prove they are a legal citizen and can work in the US. You'll need copies of their identification as laid out on the I9 form, and then take all that shit to a payroll company or your accountant if he's doing your payroll.

But seriously, you need to have an employee manual and have them sign it. Without it you really can't fire anyone for anything. Essentially you're saying your company has no rules without it.

Also, no verbal warnings. Everything in writing. FUCKING EVERYTHING IN WRITING.

>But seriously, you need to have an employee manual and have them sign it. Without it you really can't fire anyone for anything. Essentially you're saying your company has no rules without it.

More important for large companies. Most states are at-will (except Montana). OP does not need to give a reason for terminating and generally shouldn't as it only gives them fodder for trying to get back at them.

I guess I should clarify. If you fire someone and don't want to get fucked on paying unemployment for them, then you need a employee manual / handbook. Look into your state laws on firing for drug abuse, some states need specific documentation for that.

>But seriously, you need to have an employee manual and have them sign it. Without it you really can't fire anyone for anything. Essentially you're saying your company has no rules without it.
You're a complete moron. At-will employment is a thing in the vast majority of states. You can be fired for any reason, no reason, or even a false reason. It's all completely legal just as long as it doesn't violate the civil rights act.

As far as paying unemployment goes, that's another moot point since it's paid for by taxes already collected when the employee was working.

Stop showing how little you know about labor law.

I am aware of at-will employment, and that is not the point I was trying to make.

That's not how unemployment works in my state. I have an account at the state that is funded on a percentage of the payroll that I pay. To start out, that percentage is high (depends on industry) until my account is fully funded and then it drops to about .5%

Currently my account at the state has about $60,000 in it. If one of my employees goes on unemployment, their checks come directly out of that account. I fight unemployment on a weekly basis as my business has a high turn-over rate for a certain position we have.

There are many other reasons why you should have an employee handbook besides firing.

thx bro, I appreciate it, and yes I have prepared an employment contract for them that they have to sign.

Fuckin HR hippies and the environment they have created!

I wouldn't concern myself with unemployment comp. if you axe someone who only worked a few weeks, your percentage of their unemployment is minimal. Their prior employer(s) from the previous 12 months are going to take the hit.

Also, i wouldn't bother with an employment contract. It sets a bad tone with your employee and they are hard/expensive to inforce.

With regards to a payroll service, they may also offer HR services which include an employee handbook service. Paychex does. ADP prob does too. PRO-TIP: take their "tax pay" service too. This way they do *everything*. All you have to do is supply payroll hours and make sure you have money in your checkbook. They do literally everything else. And if something goes wrong, it's their problem, not yours. I'm a *huge fan* of having someone between my and the IRS and whatever other tax agencies (state, county, township) there may be. Finally, tally payroll hours on a spreadsheet and send them the totals in a pdf. DO NOT FALL FOR their software where you are doing the data entry that they will do for free. You got more important things to do than fuckin data entry which they will try to push on you.