New Law prohibiting anorexic models in France

>New law voted in by French Parliament making "it a crime for fashion agencies to use dangerously thin or undernourished models."

>Law also means that any edited photo has to have a watermark saying so.

Thoughts, Veeky Forums? Has France lost it's right as a country of couture?
theguardian.com/fashion/2015/apr/03/france-bans-skinny-models-crackdown-anorexia

>thinfags btfo

>Has France lost it's right as a country of couture?
They definitely have for a multitude of reasons.What a fucking stupid idea, why should a fucking government be able to do that?

Obesity kills far more women than anorexia per year, therefore I see no reason why we should also ban plus size models for promoting an unhealthy body image.

France will be a muslim country in the next 50 years so it doesn't even matter

Fair point.
Only use models with a healthy BMI is the way forward.
Too low or too high and you're out.

what about the issues with photoshop? isn't every photo airbrushed in magasines anyway?

Good, being an emancipated skeleton creature is just as dangerous and disgusting as being a landwhale

Fucking autocorrect, *emaciated

What issues with photoshop? I don't think it should be illegal to doctor photos of models either. It seems ridiculous to waste government hours on something as silly as this.

it's not illegal to doctor photos, but if it is doctored it has to say so on a watermark of the photo.

That's not as shitty as actually banning people from modeling because they are too thin, but I still think it's a silly thing to waste time on.

should they also ban super short and super tall models? this is riddiculous. why is a goverment able to do that. why do they care

...those good looking hooligans

French people love the BBWs more than any country on earth

I'm honestly surprised more French people don't vacation in the American South

Fat acceptance

The Western World gave up on combating obesity after the Republicans attacked Michelle Obama for wanting healthy lunches and scored a shitton of political points .

The thing I really don't get is is.. Why are "plus size" models encouraged?

I am no doctor, but being fat is worse than being thin. Being actually anorexic tho is probably worse/just as bad as being obese but being thin? come on.

What is the next crime, being a 6,2 lanklet? Pretty much every tall person is skinny as fuck too

"Maybe we shouldn't call french fries vegetables and feed them to schoolchildren 3-5 days a week."
REPEAL THAT NEGRO BULLSHIT THIS IS AMERICA

the thing for me is that ive always been super skinny. Even now im probably below the healthy BMI without actually watching what i eat.

I was just thinking about getting into modelling and now this stuff. Am i fucked?

kek

I think they mean "dangerously thin or undernourished" as in, you know, actually in medical trouble.

I assume the way they will enforce this is that you'll need a doctor to guarantee that yeah, that guy/girl isn't basically dying, you can use him/her as a model. Which obviously, a doctor could be bribed to do, but if hiring people who aren't legitimately sick ends up costing less, then companies will probably prefer that.

I thought France was the most fa country.

Because plus size isn't nearly as beloved or common.

If the beauty standard for women was to be fat and that 99% of models ruined their healths and died at 30 because they were trying to be as fucking obese as possible, I'm sure France would pass exactly the same law but regarding overweight models - which would then cause you to go "yeah but why are minus size models encouraged?"

(although I do realize that extremely thin is probably less physically different from healthy than obesity)

I read this in the voice of uncle ruckus from boondocks.

I could have sworn a law like this was passed in the past and no one cared or enforced it.