Veeky Forums demographics survey 2017

It is yet again time to get a grip of who we are actually sharing this board with.

This updated demographics survey features questions on age, gender, location, sexuality, politics, movies, fashion, and several other things.

The final results will be compiled and published on Veeky Forums within a few weeks. The survey we did in 2015 had about 470 respondents.

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScWClNK4E9iGH6w7my8IpIfuTkYn5Ak9udxND3Vif4ud-Xp_Q/viewform

(no login required)

Other urls found in this thread:

politicalcompass.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>no coffee listed on drugs section

>Heterosexual, but I like traps

kek

I totally would have added caffeine if it was more of a recreational drug

EARLY RESULTS SNEAK-PEEK

>What's the most stylish or fashionable film or TV-shows you know of?

Chungking Express
The man from Uncle (2015)
Drive
Qui êtes-vous, Polly Maggoo?
F for Fake
Shanghai Express
Dr. Mabuse the gambler
Los Olvidados
Greta Garbo in Ninotchka
Dior and I
Hannibal

>Biological sex

71,4% male
28.6% female

>Hannibal
>Drive
>The man from Uncle (2015)

>Dior and I
Based user. forgot about that film

>not Hannibal

>EARLY RESULTS SNEAK-PEEK
how exciting, i'm squawking with joy

Fuck I should've answered blade runner

2 females, 5 males

that doesn't add up with the movies at all user

>that doesn't add up with the movies at all user
one person listed 2, one listed 4, 5 listed one

I didn't list any

Oooor it's just 10+4 or 15+6, not necessarily the lowest possible

no worries. added it to the list.

Damn, I really want to know the age of the respondents, but I guess I'll have to wait a couple of weeks.

the average age last time was 18-19 years.

>tfw older than that
> not older than that to be excluded from their stupid shit

Damnit

ayyy i answered that

based survey user giving us a movie list right before summer break

is op seriously trying to make us snitch on ourselves with the drug question

fucking hell

you are free to click "I don't use drugs" if you suspect the DEA is behind this Veeky Forums fashion board survey, user

Mandatory questions are off-putting

I can see that. but incomplete datasets are off-putting, too. bear in mind that the survey is anonymous.
if the questions make you feel uncomfortable, then I'd suggest that you simply don't do the survey.

I should've written only lovers left alive in the movie section. Oh well.

gotchu fám. I added it to the list.

are there any movies similar to Dior and I that show the creative process behind a collection?

The Notebook of Cities and Clothes

>~200 responses

>87,2% males; 12.8% females.

>Most common looks self-rating: 7/10 (closely followed by 6 and 8)

keep us updating user

7 is the most safe rating you can give to yourself. Not perfect, not narcissistic, but notself deprecating too.
It's like "I know my worth, I'm on the right way to be a better / more attractive person, but I'm still not there".

Answear to this, fags.

>this political scale

OTHER

What a surprise.

Survey design could be a bit better, should make some answers non compulsory or have options for don't know/don't want to answer instead of forcing people to answer things incorrectly because they have to
some of the questions are a bit loaded too ie the liking traps one

>should make some answers non compulsory
>or have options for don't know/don't want to answer

which ones, in your opinion?
the "touchy" politics question has an "Other" option.

>some of the questions are a bit loaded too ie the liking traps one

you can always select "Other" on that one, for example.

you sound like a pussy

>tfw we are even fewer actual girls here because of MtFs

It's an anonymous survey and you don't have to do it if you don't want to ffs

I'm an idiot for thinking the economic scale was lacking in the politics options. It was presented there as "right" and "left", I just didn't realize. I'll be on my way now.

politicalcompass.org/

lul enjoy aids, gay homosexual

nevermind, I read the questions back again and it didn't seem as bad as I thought it was
the politics one seemed like other referred to an 'other' political view that wasn't included on the thing rather than perhaps someone who doesn't really know their political view, as I can imagine this being the case for a lot of the board
and the traps one, I'm just curious as to why you chose to put that it, just seems like an odd thing to put in compared to the rest of the options
think you're misinterpreting the reasons for my concerns lads

>pic
transsexuals get raped all the time though

I think the question
>Which one of the following sites/social media, excluding Veeky Forums, do you visit the most? Either in-browser or through an app.
should be multiple choice. That would give a better impression of browsing behavior of users. Maybe a lot of people use facebook and reddit.

>I'm just curious as to why you chose to put that in

because there appears to be some people who consider themselves to be fully heterosexual while still liking traps, and then there's some other people who consider those people to be either bisexual or homosexual. phrasing the answers like that covers for inconsistencies in the varying subjective definitions of hetero/bi/homosexuality.

yes, I agree. afaik Google Forms does not allow multiple selected answers when you create a multiple-choice question. I didn't consider the possibility of using a short-text version of the answer, though. that could probably have been better. it seems like the browsing behavior of users was covered quite well though, considering that currently only about 19% of users selected "other" websites as an option.

bump 4 interest

bump four awareness

Anybody got results of 2015 survey?

bump nigga

>Veeky Forums is full of underage and millennials
everything makes sense now

Keep it going I fucking love data

>no Trainspotting

You all disappoint me

>website of choice
>reddit 25%

I am never posting on here again

>25% of Veeky Forums is still in high school
fucking hell

I think a pie chart isn't the best graphic presentation of length. There are no gradations in being a manlet. It doesn't tell me how many people are 1.40 -1.50 or 1.70 - 1.82

Can anyone help me with the jacket? I want it.

I chose other to that question because I don't use any of those websites listed. You really need a 'None' option for that.

but if you don't use any of the websites listed, you should clearly be able to check "other" because you do use "other" websites.

9 people have answered Trainspotting so far, user

the gradation in this instance was binary: the question was "Are you a manlet?" with a specified minimum height. that's why a pie chart was deemed optimal to visualize the answers.

the height question in this improved survey allows respondents to specify their exact height. the results of that particular question will be provided as a histogram (both metric and imperial).

early Raf iirc

when will this year's results be posted ?

so many underaged reddit faggot..No wonder this board is shit

Do you need a chi-square to look if a lot of underage use reddit?

we need this

>All straight teenage boys
Ooooh, so that's why this board is so fucking boring.

doesn't it feel kind of crude to reduce the detailed age dataset to the categorical [underage, not underage] though?

Not nessesarily

Yes, It's a ratio variable instead of a dichotome variable. And you want to know the correlation.

Even if you find a significant relation between age and browsing behaviour, what does that say about the quality of posts? How would you operationalise that concept? What questions do you need to ask the respondent?

WHAT THE FUCK

I didn't get twitter as an option you fuck.

Did i get chinked Veeky Forums?

Check the date on the chart, these are the results of the last survey

Oh.
So they swapped twitter with facebook in 2017, lol okay.

KEK
I didn't even think of adding twitter as an option this time...

gg

bump

Please add Baz Luhrmann's R+J to the movie list

done

WHERE MY NIGHTCRAWLER HOMIES AT

>reproductive organ
kek

fuck you

i stopped using facebook in favor of twitter because facebook is such fucking trash these days

(not actually fuck you though, i hope you have a nice day and thank you for doing this survey)

this question should not have been mandatory. i don't use any of those websites, so i picked "other".

Shiiit right here man didn't think anyone else would pick Nightcrawler

my fucking man
i still dream about how good that shit is

Denmark, USA, USA, USA, it seems

bump 4 inter est

Are the results ready yet?

Also: not including Twitter was silly. Facebook and Insta are the same damn thing.

>Are the results ready yet?

no. we are still collecting data. we now have ~530 replies.
we could totally close the form prematurely, though.

>not including Twitter was silly

yes.
feel free to make a thread inquiring further about browsing habits.
it could probably easily be done:
- in-thread
- in google forms, as a free-text "short question" (---> straight to a spreadsheet)

>implying

?

500+ is quite a lot of users.

you should have put an option that would let people narrow down libertarian left to fucking tanky

OP here

Survey participation is now closed.
No need to bump the thread.

Thank you for participating.