BOOT GENERAL

[ B O O T G E N E R A L ]

This thread is dedicated to the discussion of boots and all boot related topics.

>ALL BOOT RELATED FAGGOTRY BELONGS IN THE BOOT GENERAL

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

varusteleka.com/en/product/sarma-jump-boots-black/32493
epicmilitaria.com/original-french-army-brown-ranger-boots.html
city.fi/blogit/pinthefuckups/dr martens rakkaudella kiinasta/124767
epicmilitaria.com/black-french-ranger-boots.html
lyst.com/shoes/diesel-steel-pro-boots-black/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck I love burgundy-red boots, they look so good once they're a bit worn in and rugged.

Anyways, could someone who knows better answer me? I have a pair of Thailand-made Dr. Martens 1490s, they are a size UK9 / US10 / EU43. Now, they're in pretty crappy condition and i'd like a second pair, this time i'd like to go Solovair. So, is the sizing same? What about when there's a steel-toe cap? The seller I'd buy a pair from has listed that the inner is around 29cm in length, and I measured the inner-length of my 1490s with measuring tape, and it equaled around 29cm aswell. Now keep in mind, the Solovairs have steel-toe caps, should I size up just in case?

Which boots are those?

I'm a 9 in DM and a 9 in solovair, the steel caps don't affect the sizing (you get a bit more vertical room but nothing else) what boots you looking to get, I've got pic rel and would recommend

The picture in the OP are by diesel don't know about yours sorry

Those looks amazing too, but i'm going to cop pic related. 14 eyelets, steel-toe caps and white-stitching.

I'm not that user but I'm planning to go to the solovair shop in Northamptonshire next weekend. What boots do you recommend from them? I've been looking at a pair of 6 eye derby boots in brown and a pair of bog standard 8 eye boots in red/black as well.

I quite like the look of their 'Hawkins' astronaut boots which they do in 6 and 11 eyelets

they're visvims

Thanks, damn are they beautiful. Any similar boots or I should just save up this summer?

visvims look lovely but icant bring myself to pay that for something made by chinese child slaves

I'm not sure they do this exact style anymore as aircushionbootco went under.I think solovair made this style with the yellow stitch and no pull tab for them. These are very much like the original skinhead boots.

(Meant to add) they only have couple of sizes left

Not everythig made in China = slave labor m8. China's long past this cliche. Chinese also have very high-tech factories, not everything can be made in Japan.

True

They do it in brown, might have to grab them this weekend

Not the person you're replying to but they obviously still cut costs when they can and even though I often don't give a shit where I source things from ethically, l try not to buy made in China boots. Boots should be something you splurge a little bit on, get a good pair that will last you ages or get a pair every 3 years.

Can anyone suggest a decent, versatile black dress boot that could be worn with formalwear (I'm a groomsman in an August wedding) but also look decent with jeans? I was thinking maybe something like this. They're Florsheims. I'm in Canada.

red or black?

Get Solovair, not DM's.

Daily reminder that SFBs will always be the only boots.

Which are better in terms of overall quality, Made in England Docs or Solovairs? The Solovairs cost about the same as the Docs do, difference being that there's a DM store where I live so I don't have to do exchanges through mail if I get a screwy pair.

Solovair

Anyone has recommendations for smart boots (like balmoral boots) that can take a beating?

Nigga you don't buy designer stuff to last you ages. Think Common Memes stay alive for eterninty too?

S O L O V A I R
this cant be this hard i mean these threads pop up daily.

R A T B O O T S
A
T
B
O
O
T
S

There is no difference. There made in the same factory. Dr marten mie vintage are made to the 1960s spec, so if you prefer vintage look.go for them

most Veeky Forums boot to use for trips to the mountain, fishing and hunting ect

god damn, the leather on these looks bad

They're made in the same factory but solovairs are the better boot.

Not shilling as much as I seem let me explain:

Soles
The Dr martens sole is decent great resistance and anti-slip due to its large contact surface area but has extremely shallow tread which means it'll wear slick pretty quick on you whereas the solovair is more like a pvc version of the vibram sole

Leather
They start out as the same leather (I believe) the Dr martens leather is simply given some sort of colored coating and then left which can be a positive or a negative, gives you some nice brown accenting but when you scrape or scratch your boots you'll be left with the brown leather underneath, they're also left with a slightly hairy feel on the inside. Solovair leather is sanded on the inside for a smoother feel, closer to suede, and is dyed all the way through which allows them to be polished and bushed to a higher shine and means that when scraped or scratched it'll be much less noticeable and can often be polished away.

Their image
Solovair has several more styles available than the mie docs, even just with regards to the 8i size, solovair has a version with a slimmer toe box than the 1460s as well as a version that's the exact same size. Solovair also do a lot more styles, no where near the amount of the far eastern docs but massively more than their mie range.
Solovair can claim heritage to 1881 whereas the best doc martens can do is a Nazi skiing accident at the end of the war
Solovair support British workers, Dr martens take advantage of far eastern workers
Solovairs are usually ~£25 cheaper as well

I'll admit the black pair do look kinda bad but the others certainly don't, care to show us some examples of 'good leather'

Both basic af get whichever you prefer

Probably the lighting?

Would Solovairs fair better in mosh-pits when compared to Docs? Is the leather actually better, they say it's full-grain, compared to Docs Quillon.

which one should i cop?
and pls if you have one of these post pic about it

if is correct you probably want solovairs so you can polish them out if you want because they'll definitely get scuffed in mosh pits

are there any boots styled like pic related (Thursday Captains) but with modern rubber soles? doesn't have to be doc marten tier clunky but just a little more tread would be nice.

Varusteleka's ankle boots are close to what I want but the soles are glued, and I prefer the higher tongue on the Thursdays

the varustelekas for reference. on a second glance i also prefer the longer and slimmer profile of the thursdays

Already do that with my 1490s, still I have two holes in them (already got them stitched at a cobbler for 10€ per spot) and the leather all-around is just really cruddy. This is with all the proper routines, including wiping the boots clean and routinely buffing and oiling the leather.

Meme boots>>Solovair>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chink-made Docs

Get the solovair but you might as well get the meme boots aswell seeing as they're only £30

Yeah its a softer but tougher leather meaning its less likely to crack from being stepped on and that

Where can I get decent jump boots?

those varusteleka boots are hideous irl

most of that style boots use dainite sole, it's a good sole. and because it's goodyear welt, a cobbler can change the sole

What's an easy way to remove paint from the eyelets?

I am afraid if I use a paint thinner on the eyelets, it will also strip the surrounding black leather. It would have to be extremely careful using paint thinner.

Get a file and a screwdriver and try a mix between scraping and scratching it off

Info on boots in your pic?

varusteleka.com/en/product/sarma-jump-boots-black/32493
I haven't purchased these myself but I've heard varustelaka products are good quality in general

Doc Martens have god awful leather

Afterb a bit of wear they look so nice

would chelseas be a bad purchase if ive never owned boots?

can anyone id these from the new blade runner trailer

I need some help identifying these boots, I know their Panama Jacks but I can't find them anywhere on the internet.

What do you guys prefer? Clean boots or scratched up boots with bits of dirt on them?

Fall apart too goddamn quick. Why can't I find a slim profile combat/jump boot that's leather with a goodyear welt? I want these shits to last forever. Does the Austrian Meme boot have a goodyear welt?

epicmilitaria.com/original-french-army-brown-ranger-boots.html

Also anybody every order the French Ranger Boots from epic miliataria? They look pretty beat to shit.

Well-worn but well-cared for.

>
>those varusteleka boots are hideous irl
I'd have to disagree somewhat because of but seeing as those boots are about to be flat soled and worthless I might cop the thursdays and just change the sole if I really hate it since they're not that expensive to begin with.

Can someone post fits with Corcoran jump boots?

Vitellos and Guidis otherwise save your pennies

They're green 11-eyelet Solovairs. Got the image from this article about a reporter who wore a pair of British-made Docs she got from her younger sister for over 10 years, and finally got a pair of Solovairs as her husband couldn't stand the cruddy look of the boots. She got the boots in London, I think. She's on the same page as anyone, sad and disappointed how Docs are still marketed with their British-heritage, despite being manufactured in China. The articles in Finnish so I just TL;DR'd it for you. Here's the article with more pics.

city.fi/blogit/pinthefuckups/dr martens rakkaudella kiinasta/124767

Boots shouldn't be dirty, not even on purpose. You need to take care off them. That's how you'll make the leather last. So, well-worn and rugged, but buffed and shined to the point.

Got my first decent boots today
Pretty freakin dapper

jeans dont fit
>>>/mfa

Where can I buy boots like these?
Plain, not too round in the toe, no zips or buckles.

I don't wear slim fit if that's what you mean

no I mean the fact that you have shoe sombreros and still too much excess fabric

Well I always get 32 but I guess I can try 30
thanks for the advice

I got the OG goodyear welted ones in 42 for sale if anyone is interested

they're just jackboots, kinda cool if you don't mind looking like a nazi

ID on boots in OP's picture?

That's exactly the look I'm going for.
Where buy?

epicmilitaria.com/black-french-ranger-boots.html
Thinking of buying these in the absence of surplus ranger boots in my size, has anyone ordered these before? Is that seller trustworthy? I like the boots but I'm worried that it's going to be the same boots I can get off alibaba with garbage leather

lyst.com/shoes/diesel-steel-pro-boots-black/
They're diesel steel pros but they're listed ad different things on different sites so best to just search diesel steel cap boots or something similar

Not sure on the quality, but usually between £130-£200. Have a very nice look to them though

Diesel
STEEL

I might go on some trips this summer with some mates. Really want to buy these, i know our millitraty usese them (norway)

Check out sites like hessen antiques and epic militaria. Both have repro Jackboots for around $150