perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GEFUF5DCOZc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...

Heaven or hell

LET'S ROCK.

Received a sample of Rive Gauche (can) in a trade with Kouros Guy. Quality barbershop scent, maybe the best I've tried. Would be amazed if Azzaro pH comes close to the YSL in terms of quality.

Sup BF. Isn't RGpH great? It's a performance monster too. I rarely do more than two sprays of that stuff. Odd that I like it so much, because I generally do not care for anise/licorice as a note, which explains the fact that I cannot stand Azzaro pH. It's just so shrill and sharp to me. It's very well reviewed, so I'm sure I'm in the minority, but ecch.

Why is it that i get tired of every scent (so far around 100) to the point that i can't stand wearing anything else than CK One? Is CK One the goat scent? I know it's cheap and has longevity issues, but still there's something to it i can't explain.

You should have experienced CK One in the 90's. It might have been GOAT if not for reformulation, but the same can be said of so many once-great scents lost to corporate greed and the nanny state.

Is this a good buy, fampais?

>designer
it's bad

Is Bvlgari Aqua Marine the master scent? Ever since I switched to it I get complimented on it constantly.

are there any perfumes that try and recreate the scents made in classical antiquity that used oil?

anyone else use Boss by Hugo Boss?

>tfw just got Ferrari Bright Neroli
God damn, for the price this is a BEAST

My collection

fuck i cant order sample here in Europe.Ordering from US is a bitch

I do. I use it for casual occasions like taking a walk or going shopping. I like it.

At least you're in EU. I live in a 3rd world shithole and you can't get samples. You literally have to buy retail and there are no gray market for scents here.

im trying all my shitty designer frags first

they all smell the same

Oh how I would love to do a blind test with you

I just tried a sample of this and holy shit, this is amazing. Under all the obvious notes there is this intriguing whiff of something animalic, I bet women go wild for this.

>tfw i always find nautica blur, polo black, blue, and red for $15 to 20$ at TJ max
Why should i even expand off these given the wholesale price?

>Would be amazed if Azzaro pH comes close to the YSL in terms of quality.

I'm finding rive gauche to learn more towards the green than Azzaro does.

Sure as fuck not smelling any cardamom and tonka bean from Azzaro. Mostly lavender, anise, and vetiver. Is it a reformulation?

Because there's more to a fragrance than what it costs. That's like saying I can get jeans at Walmart for 8.99 a pair, why should I buy any other pants?

lmao kid

i keep smelling guerlain im really trying to find something special in it but it's just generic garbage

now im olfactory fatigued like shit

I love this but never feel up to wearing it.

Which is your favorite? Also: I bought a bottle of eau fraiche because I love the edt and parfum and thought a lighter version would be the safest blind buy ever... but I can't stand the way it amplifies the cumin/body odor note.

da color of guerlain

Thanks for the picture, giving me some ideas on what next cologne I should buy.

Kouros and the Salvadore Acqua was always in my interest.

what's your favourite? how do you like edition blanche?

Not user you're asking, but it'll probably be my next purchase if I find it for cheap enough. I like my sample a lot.

i'm a beginner to fragrances - i've been doing a lot of reading with the help of but i can't seem to find anything that really suits me.

i'm looking for something masculine but also something for men under 30 - i am fascinated by the fragrances that take you to another world like Sel Marin or L`Air du Desert Marocain. i prefer the idea of a niche fragrance that tells a story. i really like cedar and leather as well as labdanum. i prefer a fragrance that's present but subtle. are there any daily use fragrances for the spring/summer i can wear for business formal or casual events?

think of the scent i'm looking for as the equivalent of an interesting jacquard weave tie that ties together any good casual or formal outfit

while i am not afraid of price, i am afraid of blind buys and getting ripped off. what's a good way to buy samples and bottles online without buying something fake or tampered?

thanks

green irish tweed

what's the most underappreciated niche house in your opinion? I'm looking for some new stuff to check out

slumberhouse

The sample sites linked in OP are all legit. I've personally used surrendertochance and luckyscent, and would recommend both.

luckyscent and theperfumedcourt are legit

just make sure to make the USD>your currency conversion

Yes, there are people who have tried to recreate perfumes that were documented in Egyptian tombs, with most of the focus on Cleopatra. I'm sure there are middle eastern houses that specialize in traditional oils, but it's not something I've researched.

Will the inevitable Sauvage flanker actually smell like all the great visuals they attach to it? From the Depp commercial to the "making of" film, to today's cruise collection. It's all been about the desert and seeking and escaping and has this boho wandering existentialism vibe to it... but I don't get anything like that from Sauvage. But I want something precisely like that. I know there are things like bois d'ascese and laddm and canyon dreams and many others that vein... but I'm hoping the flanker brings something surprising and new to the table. I think Fahrenheit actually fits this imagery better than Sauvage does. Opinions, thoughts, etc welcome.

I wish Sauvage smelled like this video:
youtu.be/GEFUF5DCOZc

here. i am going to start out with trying samples of pic related. i will be looking forward to trying sel marin in my casual clothes - think jeans and shirts during the summer. in regards to my business formal or casual i had in mind ambre 114 and i am hoping to discover it is summer appropriate. i figure 1740 would be appropriate in intimately swanky settings, private or public. desert marocain seems very interesting to me.

but what do others think?

green irish tweed doesn't seem to appeal to me personally. creed does not seem all that niche to me either

I love the in-depth infographic this general always has, but it always leaves me overwhelmed rather than more informed.

Why isn't there like a top 5 most recommended fragrances for each season or something similar?

And on that note, would something like Dior Homme be too much for summer?

Try going through Basenotes' list of fragrances for beginners for men, it's a good place to start to figure out what general scent archetypes you like/dislike

>niche snobbery

Thanks friendo. I'll check it out.

My favourites are probably the Armani Prive Rose D'Arabie and Gucci Pour Homme II. Dior Homme is amazing as well.

Eau Tres Fraiche is pretty odd, one would think it's way lighter but I feel it projects even more than its other Terre counterparts.

No problem. I live in Finland, and we don't really have any niche houses here, so I've only bought designer frags I can try on.

The Ferragamo is a seriously nice frag. It reminds me very much of Bleu De Chanel, but some notes play a bit differently and it doesn't feel so common.

Edition Blanche is a very beautiful, luxurious scent. When I dress up in the summertime, it's my go-to scent. It's so light, the creamy lemon smells awesome, and the spices add some wonderful kick at the bottom. It doesn't last all that long, but it's a small price to pay.

>sel marin in my casual clothes
Definitely a walking about in the day scent imo

what smells like this

Bowling green
Amazingreen

another day in the hell of designer frags

today is bois d'argent

maybe bois d'argent if there was a small cabin nearby

anyone ever try Tobacco Rose by Papillon Artisan Perfumes? supposedly it's overwhelmingly masculine despite a strong yet unique rose scent. i will be getting a sample of it

Thoughts on these Dior Homme flankers?
Specifically for an everyday spring/summer scent.

Also how do they comapare to the Chanel Allure line?

Huge fan of Dior Homme Eau. Smells like the original Dior Homme but without the leathery chocolate accord and with some aquatic freshness in the background instead. It can be pretty heavy if you spray too much because it will literally last forever if you don't wash it off. I'd say it's more for cooler spring days and evenings, although it does work pretty well in the heat as well if you only go 1-2 sprays.

I know I'm a pleb but I fucking love Sauvage too. I've always been craving a EDT version of the legendary Axe Touch showergel thats been discontinued and Sauvage comes the closest to anything I've ever smelled. That fruity opening leading way into the barbershop peppery ambroxan is so nice, I've literally just been spraying it on right after showering. It does give some crazy olfactory fatigue though. I can spray it on my wrist, and then 16 hours later I won't be able to smell it at all but other people who haven't been around me can, and when I start to wash off my wrists I get hints of that Axe Touch vibe from the opening again. It quickly became my favorite fresh sporty scent. And I do think it smells like that video.

Is 1 million worth trying out for a winter club/night out scent?

idk mayne. It's really overplayed now. Smells like bubble gum.

Revisiting this after a year to see whether it smells any different to my more experienced nose.

Fruit Loops with an undercurrent of pencil shavings. That's what I'm getting out of White today. I'm 12 years old again, doing last minute math homework at the breakfast table before school.

yo any mainstream fragrance with an earthy/woody base and incense/spice kinda
top-notes?

I have an Dior Homme Eau myself, it's very good to use for formal/dating/office situations.

Anyone got some good bay rum cologne they could recommend?

Aramis Havana is bay rum cologne supreme

Yes, it has great performance but I only really like it in the fall. You might not think that "peppery lavender" works but its does and really well.

I'm not someone who really gets many, if any, compliments on fragrances I wear, even when I wear something like Sauvage, AdG Profumo, or Chanel AHSEE. But Prada LRE is so far the only frag of mine that has gotten me an unsolicited compliment from a total stranger.

If any one has empty comme des garçon bottles i'd be willing to by them for $15 flat shipping included for each. kik dabaddon.

Try bleu de chanel EDP, acqua di gio profumo, or Versace dylan blue

take your counterfeiting operation somewhere else

I don't know if it's because I work with methanol and ethanol a lot or if I'm super sensitive, but every time I smell a perfume it just smells like alcohol.

Are all perfumes alcohol based? Andy brands I should try? Never tried anything super high quality, just the brands that are usually posted around (Tom Ford, Burberry, JPG, CDG, Hermes, Dior, etc)

thanks, these all seem like good possibilities

New to fragrance and just copped this after trying at Sephora. Seems like a good beginner fragrance.

Not safe to buy cdg on eBay anymore, thanks for the heads up.

Perfume oils don't use alcohol but most fragrances aren't sold in that concentration/medium.

>Dior Collection Privee
>"designer frag"
Pick one, friendo. You really need to start using a trip, your "designer versus niche" autism is such an embarrassingly obvious case of confirmation bias.

See pic related from for the definition of "niche". There is exactly one place in Los Angeles where I can go to purchase Bois d'Argent. In most parts of the US, the Collection is simply not available at retail and must be ordered. The product itself is hardly Sauvage or Fahrenheit, regardless of the name on the label.

i personally avoid fragrances for men that are in a dildonic container

ill fight tooth and nails against the designers until the end

Why do girls like this woody amber chemical swill so much REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>tfw i want to make my own antiquity perfumes and store them in my own terracotta perfume containers i designed and sculpted myself using ancient methods and tools

Sounds fun. What's stopping you?

nothing but it will cost a bit of money for trial and error purposes. lots of wasted materials. i am thinking of just taking classes instead. clay sculpting is the easier aspect to me though, i might not need classes for that. but i would also need enough materials and room to make my own foundry without using any modern methods or tools. so i would have to constantly fan the furnace, for instance. a lot of work for 1 person

the furnace is the most important aspect of the project -- if i make one i would also use it as a foundry for casting metals into moulds using the lost wax process

i also considered making the tools needed myself as well which would require some level of smithing and leather working. this is primarily where my problem comes in -- i would have to buy most of the raw materials i need when i would prefer to just go out and hunt or mine it all myself

Does this mean you're also going to grow/pick/collect/distill all the perfume absolutes yourself as well?

i want to. i have my own personal garden

Post pics

i'm going to do more research but i am going to start out with buying some basic ingredients from perfumer's apprentice. when i fully understand how to make my own i will post pictures of the garden growing what i need, as well as my brews inside of their special containers. really i'm interested in what feedback it would get when i wear the fragrances. they honestly may not be that special. i'm going to try some known ancient recipes first

while the ingredients may be basic in terms of modern fragrances, i wonder how their creation and storage have an affect. maybe it'll just smell better to me because i made it. they're also a relatively pure connection to the past and the people who lived in those times which i find fascinating

Anyone try this fragrance in the picture. Trying to look for a fall/winter fragrance for work.

Yeah, it's nice.

I have Versace Eau Fraiche and Polo Black
Am I shit tier?

What are the best masculine frags that lack sweetness?

Pic related is the only one I can think of. I love it.

im not selling these im looking to buy them dopes
i collect the empty bottles

slumberhouse frags

it's a goat summer fragrance

Can't hurt to try it. Don't go overboard

Should I blind buy Dsquared2 wood rocky mountains?
Can somebody give me a rundown in this?

What you guys think of this?

I like the smell but i feel like itll be too sweet so im debating if its c/n. Anyone have recs similar to this? Usually wear cdg and dior mainly

Are you asking about Platinum or normal Egoïste? They're very different scents.

i've tried platinum egoiste yesterday and found it sweet, is egoiste less intense?

I'm looking for some summer light scents

smells old

Should I?

Yes, its great.

Can someone recommend something that smells like less synthetic 212 men or fresher allure eau extreme?

Same user
Also both 212 and eau extreme smell strangely similar but i dont see any common ingredients, does someone know what note that is?