How do we fix business casual?

I've got to say, business casual attire has to be the darkest realm of fashion. It may not be the ugliest, but its ubiquity really makes it a blight upon society.

Living in the suburban Midwest, 95% of men aged 40+ dress button down shirts and polos, tucked into belted khakis. Even if they aren't necessarily heavy-set, it creates a muffin-top figure above the waist and a flabby ass below (and if they do actually have a flabby ass and beer gut, dear Lord...). It all screams "my wife gave up on dressing me a long time ago, now I just pretend that I'm a golfer, because that's what guys my age do, right?"

Women are fortunate enough that they have more options, but many are still forced into slacks and polos, which can make an attractive 20-something look like she's in menopause.

Veeky Forums if you had to reinvent business casual, how would you do it so that it looked inherently semi-formal, but not shit?

Business casual at work actually is aimed to envoke no interpersonal feelings between employees whatsoever, so goal achieved.

People who have just given up on individuality and wear there work outfits all the time actually just dont care anymore. They'll still be waring the uniform they are socially obliged to not stand out negatively at work.

You... Understand what a uniform is, don't you? Going to work dressed like a gay peacock is obviously not a smart move for these men.

I am 28, Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums and i only wear business casual because whereever i go because i can get awaywith it. Where i am from, 99% of guys dress like shit (sneakers, jeans, t-shirts).

So the problem is business casual most of us know isn't true business casual. True business casual for men is defined by a casual suit or jacket odd trousers (not jeans) with dress shoes, dress shoes, and preferably a tie (pic related). However since formality it self has been more or less shunned in the past decades, it's all gone down hill. The fact that a black dress shirt sans jacket at funerals is considered ok, it shows how society perceives formal dress.

OP here, I meant it as, if you had the hypothetical power to change the staples of business casual, how would you change it to actually look good as semi-formal wear (a uniform as you said) but not like a bunch of middle-aged guys trying to dress like the young, upstart golfers they see on the teevee.

These look good... from the ankle-up.

I take it you're not a fan of sneakers.

I used to think like you, not too long ago. Then I realized that a little shit like me can pull off that look better than if I would wear a pair of oxfords.

Non-formal shoes can work with business casual I think

Can you imagine a black polo shirt, grey dress pants and GATs or something? With the right kind of shoes it can be like something you could actually see in a Bond movie

business casual can look great it is just that most people have clothes that fit bad and that they are unfit. Tucked in shirt in chinos and leather/suede shoes look great
I am definetly not a fan of this European/fashion style or whatever it is called No sneakers should not be a part of business casual loafers/desert boots is the minimum level of formal for it

Some of the shoes wouldn't be my first choice, but I've started warming up to sneakers and business casual the more I'm exposed to it. Plus, sneakers are much more comfortable to wear for extended periods.

Whatever floats your boat.

I like chukka boots too, but I'm not too fond of loafers. But that might be because everytime I see someone wearing loafers it's some American with an American sack suit and a pair of cheap, black loafers.

This dude looks like a fucking cheese, why would anyone consider this inspo

dress everybody in thom browne

this is my dream