Best dividend stocks

I have 3000 dollars and I want to invest in dividend paying stocks, I looked at this website and the tips seem to be pretty good.

Does Veeky Forums have any good advice for which companies I should invest in?

Other urls found in this thread:

suredividend.com/8rules/
dividend.com/dividend-stocks/25-year-dividend-increasing-stocks.php
youtube.com/watch?v=Ek0rcHngfWE
tastytrade.com/tt/shows/options-jive/episodes/option-premium-dividend-vs-growth-11-04-2015
youtube.com/watch?v=1Z7C0MbMm3s
youtube.com/watch?v=I7FDx4DPapw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Forgot link

suredividend.com/8rules/

dividend.com/dividend-stocks/25-year-dividend-increasing-stocks.php

I figure it should be one of these companies, since they have a solid track records.

What do you think anons?

>What are good dividend paying stocks.

Railroads and oil companies.

Doesn't it take like $200k+ to even make a decent passive income from dividends?

useless unless you have at minimum 10,000

Most dividend paying stocks do about $.30 to $.50 per quarter.

Some lower, some higher. So assume you're buying shares for $50 a piece and you want $20,000 a year in dividends and you're getting $.45 a share...

Like $550k.

Well I want to get started now.

always buy under call price

Just buy bonds you fucking autist.

That's disheartening af.

I have 3000 spare, but I also have a college fund, which isn't being used that has circa 50,000, I also receive money from the VA for my college, but I don't spend nearly as much as I am receiving so I can continue to invest.

Also add a modest income from my job

Meh, it's not that bad if you are reinvesting the dividends in buying more shares and getting these shares through something like a 401(k) or company stock purchase program.

If you stick with it for 30 years you should be able to get there pretty reliably.

This is my plan

Ahh, currently I'm 22 years old, making only $17/hr at an entry level position at a big pharmaceutical company (only have $1k take home after living expenses). I might get a second part-time job for fun/more money on the side. I will of course be able to make more money further into my career and all that.

$500k+ just seems like so much right now.

Similar situation, just got to start small user.

Let's do it bro!

500$ a month savings
At 6% growth (index funds and bonds)
Over 30 years

Gives you 500.000$

So, what fonds and bonds give a stable 6%

>Bonds
>6% stable

Bonds for security

Fonds and bonds mixture at 70/30

Expense ratios

?

KNPD. quarterly payouts are all over the place. but it literally can't fail.

Why can't it fail?

I don't like the word literally.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ek0rcHngfWE

tastytrade.com/tt/shows/options-jive/episodes/option-premium-dividend-vs-growth-11-04-2015

Learn to trade options you fuck knuckle
basically works like a FAT dividend every 45 days conservatively or every week if you're aggressive.

long term bonds in an interest rate growth environment, your yields are gonna be slaughtered. Better to short bonds.

get your compound interest calculator out.

As I said before, railroads and big oil companies. They will not fail in this day and age. Too consolidated and massive.

Only 550k a year to get 20k in dividends with minimal risk? Damn investing is easy.

>70/30
>30% bonds

Maybe if you're 85. No one using this site should be so conservative that they have fucking 30% bonds. That's a huge waste of interest earning potential.

>interest rate growth environment

What does that mean?

I am just really starting in the whole investing thing this week. Made a depot Friday.

He means interest rates are retardedly low.

Interest rates are fucking low and the Fed is finally starting to jump the Fed funds rate albeit slowly.

Bond Prices and Interest Rates have an inverse relationship.

As interest rates go up Bond prices become discounted to account for it.

Also governments around the world are inflating at astronomical rates. Inflation destroys flat investments like bonds, notes and annuities.
Because interest rates are pretty much near 0. Shorting Bonds is a win if they do not go to negative interest rates or just hold at near 0 for your investment timeframe. Which is probably a pretty good bet.

youtube.com/watch?v=1Z7C0MbMm3s

I'm 34 and I'm trying to get into your position you lucky fuck. Don't make it sound like you are struggling.

Interest rates are fucking low and the Fed is finally starting to jump the Fed funds rate albeit slowly.

Bond Prices and Interest Rates have an inverse relationship.

As interest rates go up Bond prices become discounted to account for it.

Also governments around the world are inflating at astronomical rates. Inflation destroys flat investments like bonds, notes and annuities.
Because interest rates are pretty much near 0. Shorting Bonds is a win if they do not go to negative interest rates or just hold at near 0 for your investment timeframe. Which is probably a pretty good bet.

youtube.com/watch?v=I7FDx4DPapw

I meant high yield euro bonds (I'm from EU) they are at 3-4%

I wouldn't invest in any passive income stuff until you've had a chance for capital growth. PI is for people that have quite a bit of money already.

all the central banks are inflating. ergo bonds and other flat instruments are a very bad core position. If I had the money I'd short most European bonds harder than American.

Your currencies are going to have to rapidly inflate to deal with efficient allocation of migrant labor.

Pretty much. You need volume to profit significantly from dividends, but it's still more profit than you get from letting it sit in a savings account.

not necessarily. A lot of energy companies are trading at 50% discounts.

If you only want stocks, look at some E&P partnerships like Memorial Energy Partners or Seadrill Partners. Historically the pay huge dividends and can all be bought on the cheap right now. Some have cut their dividends or eliminated them, but the nature of their business makes it likely the dividends will go right back up in a couple years and youll get capital appreciation as well

You said that since 2008. If you would have invested in 10% yielding Greece treasuries you would be very happy today but everyone on the news said Europe will go down. Well it hasn't. And it wont. Inflation is almost at zero here

>inflation is almost at zero
that's kind of the problem. Other than the sea of raping thirdworld savages who occasionally explode

This

Dividends are a waste of time.

Save up for that down payment and invest in properties to collect rental. Way better than puny dividends

*internet fistbump* realty bro

PSEC /thread thank me later, sitting on 27,560 shares.

>no one mentioning preferred stock

Plebs

Sorry to hear that senpai, if you're in Phoenix, AZ/North Scottsdale area hmu.

My brother is going to college there next semester. Is it nice?

It's hot af 6 months of the year. Other 6 weather is decent.

Starts cooling down in November.

I assume he is going to ASU? I honestly don't really understand why anyone would want to live here desu.

He said he wants to party is why.

Is your brother a chad?

Kek, I guess you could say that, he's pretty charismatic although a little effeminate and mostly has female friends. I used to call him gay because of it, but he gets more pussy than me.