Novice

After this summer I will have for the first time in my life(I grew up very poor) between 10k and 15k. My question is, how do I make the best of it? I completely intend to make it more than what it will be. Should I focus on my lifestyle(homeless, could buy a van with some of the money) or put all of it into investments or business venture?

I need some solid tips on how to not fuck this up, I have an 8th grade education but I catch on to things fast so don't be afraid to throw some complexity at me.

Other urls found in this thread:

dropcanvas.com/zpf5p
habitat.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What are you doing now?

Nothing. This summer will be saving the forest. After that I have the chance to turn my life around with all the profit I made.

Buy something you can live in, if you are homeless you need some security.

Stay off of Veeky Forums and dont considering """investing""" your money.

Get some security, continue working hard and get yourself out of poverty, you will only do it by hard work and smsrt decisions, asking on Veeky Forums an chinese cartoon picture forum is not a wise move.

dropcanvas.com/zpf5p

Read and Do I will teach you to be rich. First.
&
Watch Self Made Wealth. Second. its under HustleMuscleRehab
then do as this user says
and do not return here until you have $50k saved.

But I want to be rich :(

>dropcanvas

lmao moot pls go

You have to learn the basics user. sometimes you have to go slow now in order to go fast later.
You will be rich.

Go back and read the title of the book I recommended & linked to you. Use your powerful eighth grade level intellect to take a guess at what the contents might be.

Use it on a down payment for a nice car and pick up bitches.

I'm not dumb man, I just didn't have the chance for school. Way smarter than most college students. But yeah, I reckon I'll take it slow. I need a basic way to live I guess and the rest is work and work and work.

Drop all 15k on bitcoin, the 2nd halving is in two months, you'll double your money minimum

Ask the question at reddit.com/r/personal finance
They also have a very good wiki!

Fuck reddit

Get into some reasonable real estate. If you buy a duplex/tri/quad, you'll have somewhere to live and get some rental income as well.

But, learn about how to do this first, don't just jump in.

(Only valid in the US).

I imagined that 10-15k would not be enough for this.

No really OP. If you are homeless, will get 10k and want to change your life don't read what the guys here are writing. They also give tips how to drink bleach and format your dads computer.

/r/personalfinance is the way to go if you are in a vulnerable position, like you are.

It might be, depending on if he can qualify for the loan. If the place is 200k, 5% down is 10k.

>8th grade education
>I am not dumb man
>smarter than most college students

You are extremely vulnerable because you are pretty stupid OP

I know trolling when I see it. I just happen to believe Veeky Forums/biz/ has a few geniuses on it and reddit is entry level for anything

Not stupid. I educated myself pretty highly. Had hardships that did not allow for school. Regularly hit 140 on mensa IQ tests.

That's right no ones gonna hand you shit in life. I've pointed the way but you've got to walk it.

In the meantime You might want to look at volunteering at Habitat for humanity.
habitat.org/

Get yourself some shelter (whether it's a van or room or whatever), you fucking idiot.

Investing is important, but it doesn't come before basics like food, shelter and bills.

Are all those IQtests you took by accident online?

If you are such a good learner read through all the wiki entries about fonds, bonds, asset allocation, interest rates and so forth
>still go to /r/personalfinance
>???
>profit

I know trolling is fun, but OP or someone else may actually believe this, so please stop. Keep the trolling in /b/, /r9k/ and /pol/ please.

They honestly match my actual psych exam IQ test. They arent as bullshit as you think.

I still have my doubts for anything reddit.

My job for the summer provides me full time housing and food.

I suppose that is the plan. I really dont neeeeed shelter. Im okay with just making more money, the shelter part is mainly because I accept I will eventually have to appear middle to upper class.

There are no geniuses on Veeky Forums, there are NEETs, losers, trust fund babies, spammers, stormfaggots, and a few people who haven't lost their ass on the stock market\forex YET. Secondly, you ARE entry level. Stop thinking you are too good for entry level. Reddit is written for know-nothing retards like you to get off the ground. Veeky Forums is going to have you put it all in cryptocurrency and kneepads so you can suck dick.

Now, here's what you need to do:
- Discard the dream of turning this money into millions
- Get an apartment, pay six months in advance if you have to
- Buy nothing but ramen noodles and pork-and-beans
- Go to Good Will and by some nice clothes, you can move the stickers from cheaper clothes to nicer ones and get away with it as long as you limit your ambitions
- Get a job anywhere you can that will make more money than rent + food
- Save for a year
- Get a less shitty job
- Work for another year
- Then start thinking about investing

got links?

and see you're not dumb. /R/Fin is a terrible place. If you just do as instructed you will know more than them.

Any way what you will need is an address.
Most modern identity verification requires it. So if you insist on Tenting inna woods. You will need a PO Box and possibly a rented Mailbox to send mail to.
but that's doing it the hard way for no reason. Time is an asset too and you'll be wasting tons of it this way.

I was thinking a van with mattress and a ymca membership. Should be easy street for me after that. My bills monthly will neverbe over 500 and after I make my 15k I should have a $16 an hour entry job immediately after working in a train yard. I intend to figure out how to learn aircraft mechanics after enough money is saved doing this.

Looks like you've got a plan man. Right now you're in hustle mode. Keep stacking until you've got some weight behind those money fists.

You sound opposed to appearing middle to upper class? Like it is a bad thing. Who taught you that?

I am not opposed to it. I can do it. Those 40 year old women that manage stores though, will never hire me unless I fake my own identity. It makes me sick. I just want work.

why would you work for those shitty jobs any way. Construction, the Trades, sales, logging, mining, waste management etc... won't hire 40 year old women for the same reason. They don't get the job done.

Smelly homeless geniuses scare away, customers trying to buy nice curtains.

but I digress,
you're dodging the question. I know you're in homeless survival mode. but why is it not the natural course of business for you to look your very best?

My main job is wildland firefighting. I didnt want to say it. Yeah, Im a firefighter.
I can be as smelly as a skunk. When I get to the train yard job that I will do until I fight fires again I will be bathing at the YMCA during that time. I wont smell.

I've never been sure if this image/phrase was meant to be rhetorical; if it is then that's kind of silly since it is entirely possible to buy more money through stocks and securities and become rich in the process.

You have one of the coolest fucking jobs in the world why are you bitching about not being able to sell couches and pillows.

Did you download the book and the program above yet? Good. Get to fucking reading and watching. It will actually take a long fucking time.

That's the funny part. To rich people it makes perfect sense. To poor people it is asinine.

Im not complaining at all I was trying to see how I could turn my $$ into more $$

Not sure how I didn't catch that. That is funny.

Lonnie deals