Beater Shoes General

Beaters general thread.

My meme parchment Chuck IIs just died on me, and I'm in need of new beaters. I'm thinking of copping black Chuck IIs as they're on sale for 67,95€ right now, but I feel like trying out something new for a change. What are some effay beaters? I'm looking for

>black colorway
>under 80€, but can go up to 100 if I really like them

Other urls found in this thread:

solereview.com/what-does-it-cost-to-make-a-running-shoe/
boombapwear.com/en/shop/130764-t-shirt-guilty-detail
m.adidas.com/us/superstar-80s-shoes/BB2232.html?forceSelSize=BB2232_670
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

reebok inferno

My pythonskin diemmes have held up for some 3 years now

Palladium's? I prefer the silhouette to chucks desu

if your beaters aren't $400+, kill yourself

This. Buy some fucking golden goose if you want beaters. If you think chucks or vans are effay or good beaters just do yourself a favour and swallow a razor or two

try superga 2750 panatta

Cdg cons look pretty good beat.

yeah unlike normal cons which are just plain disgusting beat
that heart really changes everything

But anons, I wouldn't like my $400 shoes beaten and stepped on

Thinking about picking up a pair of Buddy Bull 3 straps as a beater. Anyone have any experience with these shoes?
[spoiler]im buying them because im a poorfag who cant afford Raf velcros are there any other good alternatives? [/spoiler]

>paying $500 for shoes with duct tape on them

is there a difference in the name of the cdgs with the full heart on the side as opposed to the ones with the half heart near the bottom of the shoe?

>paying 100 eur for shoes that cost 5 to make

you people are retarded

One is called hidden heart and the other is like small heart or something if thats what you mean

show me a sneaker which cost only that much to make, even the cheaper sneakers cost around $20 to produce, plus you don't calculate with shipping costs, insurance, customs and advertising

right, you'll pay more than what it costs to make a shoe, but who the fuck will produce and sell shoes for zero profit or even for a loss?

100 EUR is sounds an all right cut off point for general sneaker brands, anything which is more expensive than that is obviously a gimmick and doesn't worth the price, i prefer to pay around 80 EUR, but i buy most sneakers on sale

here's an article for you, which explains the pricing of sneakers: solereview.com/what-does-it-cost-to-make-a-running-shoe/

yea thats what i meant thank you. cant seem to find many small heart versions and dislike the hidden heart

I agree, everything above 80, and definitely above 100, is a meme that uses the brand to justify charging more

are nike tanjuns effay for beaters?

Would these be comfy sneakers that could work well with summer outfits (shorts)?

Asics gel lyte III rose gold

I could imagine them not breathing at all

got any fit pics or any items you thought looked good with the parchment chuck 2s?
bought them recently and cant seem to get a good look with them

pretty much anything. just don't think about it too hard; they'll look better when they're worn in and a bit dirty

always

I'm not really one to take fit pics, but here's one my friend took. See if I can find some more.

I always wore black slim jeans with them, and that could be combined with almost any type of shirt. In general they can be worn as a white shoe in fits.

Should I get these, or the ones in all white?
I'm looking for beaters for summer, so sadly no hi-tops.

Pretty sure they're discontinued. Have to either buy second hand or hope you have an uncommon foot size and still in stock.

info on these???

Wtc shirt? Can't seem to find longer basic shirts.

boombapwear.com/en/shop/130764-t-shirt-guilty-detail

Here you go. Copped it off zalando a year ago. Not what I'd call basic though

small heart is the best choice for high tops
big heart is the best choice for low tops
a noose is a good choice for either

Onitsuka tigers mexico 66. Great comfy shoes and cheap as fuck too.

Are tanjuns better than roshes?
Personally I like the roshes more since the nike logo is blacked out.

Height and shirt size? Didn't realise how weird the cut was by the photo, but I like it.

I don't like the tanjun mesh at all. The upper in it's whole kinda looks bad to me.
The roshe is definitely better in terms of the upper, can't really comment on the tanjun's sole.
Pic related are nice. I think it's either the roshe one hyper breathe or hyperfuse or something. Really breathable and I like the the look of the upper more compared to the regular roshe

I've got a pair, they're alright

how's that even possible? they ust look good with black skinnies, black dickies 872 cuffed or lightwash jeans pinrolled etc.

Is this Veeky Forums approved? I have the gold stripes on the ankle side but the same color scheme

The hyperbreathers could be great for summer. Thanks for the input, I'll check them out.

I'm 175cm and copped a size M. Most longline shirts look like a dress on me but the weird cut helps with that, I was pleasantly surprised and ended up keeping it.

How do they hold up on rainy days? Do they have basic water resistance or do they absorb all the water?

Black Sambas

this mindset is why you'll never be Veeky Forums. leave it behind, my friend. at the end of the day you they're just shoes, meant to be worn, used, and abused. marks of wear add authenticity and character.

for what it's worth, trashed expensive shoes are a lot cooler to me than minty ones. it shows you have a life and you don't care too much about trivialities in my opinion.

don't do it! if you really want the raf velcros save for them, they can be had for not that much money. don't compromise, you'll regret it in the long run.

How are Nike Münchens?

Copped a pair of used 1460s for 30€, no holes or extra creasing. Planning on using them as shoes for gigs.

good for you desu

I'm a fan of worn canvas

Yeh its weird, normally a pair of used Docs go for atleast 50-80€

peakaboo/hidden and small heart. the small heart isn't in production right now though and used ones are on grail for more than they are brand new.

If your considering any of these shoes then you gotta lurk more

Which shoe is more effay, Nike Roshe One or Roshe Two? I found the Roshe Twos on sale for 76€, should I cop them over Roshe Ones (which are 85€)?

I beat my gazelles like an alcoholic dad.
Would recommend, they're very comfy

neither, roshes are trash

What kind of shoes are these?

Please elaborate

not him but, those look like shoes like pottery from the insignia on the sole's side.
they're made by the same company that makes doeks
pic somewhat related. his shoes are the white soled variant. imho they look better than these.
you can buy these at END or ssense online. i got mine at a store that sells them. gl finding retailers for it irl in your area. i recommend to buy these online because it's just easier

i'd get the white ones since i feel that it would better reflect the season

+1 for white

>his shoes are the white soled variant
what no they're not, you can see the blue sole a little bit at the front
they don't make shoes like pottery without the blue sole, it's the main thing that makes them stand out

my baddddddddddd
i guess i was close to getting scammed when i was about to buy a pair of them with white soles. thank god i went with blues.

68 euros? Damn I feel really lucky for getting these for 40 USD.

how would shoes like pottery be for skateboarding

i want to get in to skating but i dont have time. i know a few of the basics (cruising). i think it depends on how well they fit your feet to prevent your feet from sliding on one end to the other. just picture skating in sambas (i have friends who do) since their soles look kinda similar. it seems to be mostly about preference but i think shoes like pottery would be alright.

yeah i think i will get a pair

they seem good for summer

if you want another opinion try posting on the c/n thread

That's more than half off, you're lucky as hell. Retail here is 85€ for them

I'd say basic water resistance

Excellent. I use protective spray on all my shoes so that should help even more

don't recommend these to people with wide feet, they kinda hurt.

I do like the look tho.

no, get skate shoes. cheaper than these and skating ruin's your shoes if you are a real skater boi

current beaters, love em

Anyone know of some cool, old Addidas that are at a good price?

I searched for days and came to the conclusion that Adidas has no decent budget sneakers, you're better off with Nike in that department. Adidas is better in the more expensive tiers though.

Thanks for the tip! Ugh! I really wanted some :-(

leave

Red Alert! R E D A L E R T !

m.adidas.com/us/superstar-80s-shoes/BB2232.html?forceSelSize=BB2232_670

how u like my new Fluevogs?
jelly?

other shot of my Fluevogs
>don't be jelly

CT II is the worst. The original chuck was designed to be basketball shoes. Hightop sneakers were always meant to be worn with athletic shorts. So the whole chuck's aesthetics have a lot of basketball feels to it. But CT II kind of took it to casual level where it ended up not fitting in both casual world nor athletic world. It's like a terrible copy of rick owens. Also lunarlon, wtf, real athlete feet don't require such thing.

Anything that was created in the past is always better because the motivation behind the design is not degenerate.

True. I just got this today and I love it. In my opinion they are better than the normal ones. I sometimes think the normal ones are boring.

Yep, Shoes Like Pottery low top in natural white. I've worn them nearly every day for almost 2 years now and I love them.

>wears selvedge jeans
NOT ACTUALLY SELVEDGE

The rubber sole is not grippy once it's been worn down a little bit. However, it's very soft so you can feel whatever is underneath you pretty well.
They're too expensive to skate in imo

these guys are right

fishing, working, hiking, around the city. my shitkickers looking gr8

Thos look great, are they a certain brand or just some nice looking boots you found somewhere?

honestly the cdg play heart is such a meme that normal people buy into thinking it's a luxury thing. It's a fucking converse you're buying into and if you justify having one of rei's heart on a pair of converse for 120 then go for it. Honestly i think people can use their money else where.

i fell for the CP meme in 2009, these have been through a lot since then

I see you, Pumabro. Suedes are perfect anytime sneaker. Highly underrated.

Are these Ali's or 101 doc's?

Onitsuka tigers, I have 3 pairs. Really awesome esp if you're active and into minimal. I'm 265lbs and it took about 4 or 5 months to level out the small arch support, which really helped with foot pain from wearing really shitty fila nonslips for work.
Btw anyone have non slip suggestions?

How do Sambas size? I want to get a white pair for beaters? I'm around 11.5-12 US and fit 12 for NB runners.

how does that translate for Adidas?

they're docs "Men's Cartor Lace Up Rugged Boot"

>is such a meme
That's why I bought them. lol. But honestly, even though they are nice shoes, the price is a bit steep for what they are. I think 99$ would be a fair price but $140(which is what i paid) is steep for a converse.

Thanks, user

I wear at 10.5 us in vans and most nikes. I wear 11 in Sambas classics and most other adidas.

are you selling?
looking to buy a used pair for like 200$

these look great

White Sambas though

Just as durable/beatable but they go with everything