Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums

I recently won $1 million from the Mega Millions lottery.

Wat do?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/24vo34/whats_the_happiest_5word_sentence_you_could_hear/chb4v05
youtube.com/watch?v=kewr_kc6bJg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

buy bitcoin.

more seriously: if you don't invest this money it'll be gone before you know it. This million could be your ticket to never being a wage slave again. You can either invest it in shit like Walmart and Coca-Cola and big pharma and reap the dividends for the rest of your life, or you can get into real estate, renting or flipping properties.

Pay taxes /thread

This guy knows what he's talking about.

reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/24vo34/whats_the_happiest_5word_sentence_you_could_hear/chb4v05

If you're not trolling.. godspeed. Hope you don't fall to your demons.

1. Pay taxes
2. Pay any outstanding debt
3. Pay for education and/or job training if you don't have either.
4. Buy modest house if you don't have a house.
5. Buy modest car if you don't have a car.
6. Give each of your parents $20k since you aren't a piece of shit and appreciate them raising you.
7. Put 20% of remaining amount in liquid checking/savings account so you'll have a cushion just in case you need it.
8. Put the rest into investments returning between 5-10% annually.
9. Continue living life as you were before you won the lottery.

You're welcome.

Good plan, but only for the few states that allow you to stay anonymous. Fucking lottery commissions sell you out everywhere else.

pay taxes on it
pay off your credit cards
pay off your mortgage
pay off your car

your money is gone, now nobody can bug you for it.

Buy me a gun and I'll kill myself on live stream. That or helium. I'm tired of pretending it gets better... We strive for so much, all of this money and power just to die. We all die in the end so why live at all if it means slaving away for years with no true return. I'm not being edgy, OP... I just want to know peace.

>Wat do?
Give it to me so I can manage it better and maybe help humanity.

thats why you make a trust and get a lawyer to cash it in for you

>8. Put the rest into investments returning between 5-10% annually.
Any tips?

I have earned a few million in the last 2 years, and nothing seems to be going right for me. I have a heavily diversified portfolio and i'm like 8% down.

Everyone says 'just invest for an easy 7%!' but no one actually gives good advice on doing it, especially in this current fucked up economy.

yeah, get everything out of equities markets. We're on the verge of a catastrophic economic collapse within the near future. actually I think I'm going to make a thread out this

dividends
preferreds
anything you can get your money back on

Yeah, i recently pulled the vast majority out of stocks.

I have;
300k in diversified portfolio (stocks/bonds/etc)
180k in cryptocurrencies
250k in gold/silver (physical)
1.2m in cash

I need to do something else with the cash to cover my ass in case of hyperinflation.

0% chance of hyperinflation happening in the us

Please elaborate.

Buy mobile home parks , the depreciation time scale is like 10 or 15 years on capex vs 25 to 30 for apartments and commercial and the operating expenses are only 30 or 40% vs 50 or 60%

So you get just massive cashflow upfront and continuing

>180k in cryptocurrencies
Not that I believe you are a millionaire, but if you did have a couple million, this is where you are fucking up. That, and having a lot of it in gold. Oh, and also having 1.2million in cash. Nobody with that amount of money is this stupid which leads me to believe you are a poorfag who just lies a lot.

What do you think happens to BTC when bail ins occur and the banks steal everyone's money?

Assuming that happens and that hyperinflation is even remotely possible (its not), why would people hedge with btc when there is a million other ways to hedge? Goldbugs have been predicting the death of USD for decades and look where its gotten them. Gold has barely even beaten inflation on a grand scale, let produce an ROI. If they had taken all the money that they had dumped in to gold in the 70s and invested it in the market, compound interest would put them in a 100 times better position. I don't see bitcoin as being any different. It is a volatile commodity whos very longevity is dependant on the most financially prosperous country in the world suffering from an immediate, unpreventable, and unfixable financial collapse and then all the sudden everyone forgetting that the Chinese own bitcoin now. Usually people put their money where their mouth is, and all smart money is still in USD.

send me 50 bucks

>Gold has barely even beaten inflation
AAAAAAND your post has been disregarded.

Why does your chart start in 2000? Also, you do know what inflation is right?

>Gold has barely even beaten inflation on a grand scale, let produce an ROI. If they had taken all the money that they had dumped in to gold in the 70s and invested it in the market, compound interest would put them in a 100 times better position.
Pretty much this. Gold is considered a "hedge" and not an "investment" for a reason. It is a great way to protect your wealth but it is not meant to grow your wealth over a long period of time. I was born in the 70s so I remember the bull run of the 80s and everyone clamoring to buy gold, thinking it will only go up and make everyone rich. Guess what happened? It crashed as soon as the bubble reached a certain peak. History repeats itself often. You can keep looking for doomsdays scenarios where you think gold is going to spike through the roof overnight but you might be dissapointed when you wake up 50 years later and realize the happening never occurred and you are left with hunks of metal sitting inside of safety deposit boxes.

>buy bitcoin

hohohohoho

Two chicks at the same time.

youtube.com/watch?v=kewr_kc6bJg

Index funds, mutual funds, SPX and SPY.

Don't be a faggot and gamble it on moonshots, just have the money maintain it's value.

>le you can't make money with crypto meme
not that i advocate keeping all or even most of your money in crypto, but all of my massive gains have been from the crypto market. It's a different market than stocks and the investing strategy is different (mine is, anyway) but it is a viable method of making money.

I dont think any of those posts implied you can't make money on cryptos, that I'm aware of. Just that its probably not the best idea to baghold them. I tend to agree with them.

Farmland. Adecoagro (AGRO) is my second most profitable investment after Berkshire.

I think he's right actually. The current situation looks more deflationary to me.

>No one read the lengthy reddit post