What do I do?

What do I do Veeky Forums? Where do I go from here?
To put it in perspective, just to make back my capital, I'd need a stock that goes up at least 239 percent. And I'd have to have all my money in it.

Get on the $MGT train

Could you mow your neighbor's lawn for $20? You'd be like 8% back right there.

Accept your loss and move on

But I was on the $MGT train... and I tried to jump ship

Now that I'm back from college I have a job now.

Get back on the train, dingus. It's only going up from here.

Put everything in $GEVO

this is very basic. If it's going down the only thing reasonable to do is to buy more and make it long term.

>I'd need a stock that goes up at least 239 percent.
KNPD; you wont regret it.

that doesn't exist

Look, you are new to this. Expect to be in the red for maybe a year until you wise up. You can always come back from the brink.

LOL
O
L

this. When i started i invested $1100, within a few months i had $100. Invested another $1400, few months later I had $500.

Sitting at about $5000 now, all capital gains from my $500. The learning curve is a bitch, but if you're smart, you'll figure it out.

THIS IS THE WORST FUCKING FINANCIAL ADVICE OF ALL TIME. NOT KNOWING WHEN TO LET GO OF A LOSING INVESTMENT IS THE MOST COMMON CAUSE OF BAGHOLDING

I came in this thread to point this out. Stop being a penny stock retard. Stop investing in things that could drop 76%. If you're not a trader by trade, then just stop. If a stock like Amazon can go up 100% last year and even more this year, there's no reason other large caps can't as well. Be diversified.

What did you figure out exactly?

look harder noob

it's bad advice for a penny stock, absolutely. if it's an established large cap company that is severely undervalued buying more is an excellent idea.

I developed a strategy, and I learned how to be patient. When I started I just wanted quick gains the same day. After losing $2000 I realized what I was doing was not working, and fuck did it hurt. I spent a lot of time really looking at how I could profit, and I gradually developed a system where I profit more often than not. When I started I was making 12-15 trades a day, Now I make 2 trades every 1-2 months -- one to buy in, one to sell off.

No, I will not tell you my strategy, it took me a while to figure it out and the more people who use it the less profit I make. I will say this, though: Patience is a virtue.

"severely undervalued company" is completely subjective though. Amazon is buying back $5B of their own stock with a PE of 300 lol. Same as thinking a company is severely undervalued after losing 3% of their stock price. Reinvesting into any stock takes incredible discipline. It's just not that easy, unless we're just talking about automated dividend reinvestment.

DAO

Ew

I wouldn't say completely subjective, but there are many different factors to look at; for example, the oil sector as a whole is quite low, and there are many established companies within that sector that you know will be able to take the hit and rise again.

Then you can have individual companies where bad news causes a massive selloff, since fear rules the market (Volkswagen AG is a great example) which causes undervaluation.

I'll be honest I've always been very hesitant with internet company stocks, and i currently own none. It would not surprise me one bit if there is another dot com crash incoming.

>Many established companies
There's only one company with a strong enough balance sheet to survive for a few more years at these prices, and its Exxon. And it's overvalued.

>Volkswagen undervalued
The "fear" was correct led to an actual deterioration of numbers

>Baseless bias and speculation of another dot com bubble & crash with no justification

See what I mean when I said subjective?

First of all, dumbass, if you are in the market for short term 239% gains you should be in commodities. Second, junior, if you can't make positive returns on a regular basis in equities, you shouldn't be in commodities.

If you want to make 239% gains on the reg you should repair and re-sell mid century modern furniture to other Axe wearing, skinny jeaned, fedora wearing hipsters.

>There's only one company with a strong enough balance sheet to survive for a few more years at these prices, and its Exxon.
Wrong. The company I'm currently invested in (Suncor Energy)'s cost per barrel is about $28, compared to the price which is currently at $46/barrel.

>And it's overvalued.
yes, Exxon is overvalued currently.

>The "fear" was correct led to an actual deterioration of numbers
of course the stock price should suffer somewhat due to the emissions scandal, but it suffered far more than it should have (yes, that is speculation on my part) but an uptrend has begun again for VLKAY, and it is a good company.

>Baseless bias and speculation of another dot com bubble & crash with no justification
Amazon and many other internet companies make barely any profits at all due to the massive competition, yet their PEs are astronomical. Again this is indeed speculation, but it is absolutely justified.

>MGT
can someone explain the MGT train to me?

Why is the stocking going up and why is it going to continue going up?

There's nothing to make back. It's gone, you're at break-even right now.

What you should've asked is, how do I make 239% gain instead of 70% loss? You had no fucking clue then, you have no clue now. What you REALLY need to do is learn about risk-adjusted return. You took a ton of big losses and let them ride out. Maybe you could've made money on a couple, but you sold for a measly 5% gain (vs 10, 20, 30% losses you're sucking on).

Really, just stick to a target date retirement fund. That's about I'd trust you to manage.

I hate myself