Face washing/ face hygiene

Hey Veeky Forums how do you take care of your face?

I'm washing it everytime in the shower (daily) with a cloth and an exfoliant but after a couple hours my skin is super oily, I can feel it on my fingers after touching my face! And even though I'm washing my face I'm still getting a few painful zits.

What am I doing wrong? What products and regiment's does Veeky Forums use? Any input is appreciated.

Also general face and hygiene thread!

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/wiki/beginners/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ur touching ur face is what ur doing wrong. also if u have longer hair keep that greasy shit off ur face and if u have pillows with cases on them change those on a daily basis and some other stuff i dont remmeber

Do you use a moisturizer?

Yeah I use Olay moisturiser but not every day, just before I put makeup on if I'm going out, but usually nothing for around the house.

yeah I have long hair but its always tied up. I'll do the pillowcase thing. Thankyou.

When you have oily skin it is necessary to not overstimulate it. Don't overwash, don't overexfoliate and obviously never touch your face.
Wash your face a maximum of two times a day, only use lukewarm and cold water (never hot) and use moisturizers that regulate sebum production. Pic related is what I use.

Ok Thankyou! Yeah I was using hot water thinking that it would be good for killing bacterica. i'll definately look for a better product.

>>exfoliating daily
I was under the impression this should be done once a week at most.

Don't exfoliate every day. Also most cleansers will strip the oils from your face, causing it to overproduce more oil, so you should be applying moisturiser every time afterwards.

ise the coldest water available to wash your face.

after you shower, wash your face with cold water

if the water is hot enough to kill bacteria your face will also be killed

I use this once every couple of days.
I use an Arko shaving stick (super nice smell, super moisturising) and a 6 blade razor for shaving.
If I get a spot or blemish I use a Garnier spot purifying toner containing cyclic acid.

I keep it basic.

>Morning
CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant
Paula's Choice Hydralight Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30

>Evening
CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant
CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

I take a cold shower before my evening routine, splash my face with more cold water before applying the lotion.

I shave in the morning after exfoliating and before using sunscreen. After shaving splash my face with cold water, slap on some Aqua Velva aftershave, let that dry for like 10 minutes then sunscreen.

I'm probably doing some dumb shit, this isn't a recommendation just what I do. Seems to work but I'm more than happy to take suggestions.

Depends on the strength of the exfoliant. 2% stuff you can start doing every other day but once your skin is used to it you can use like twice a day and it will be fine. 8 or 10% stuff you should definitely not use daily.

I keep getting these red rashes on my face after shaving, what does Veeky Forums suggest?

You call that basic?
Fucking hell.

Pass over the area the minimum number of times. Shave with the grain. Use new blades. Shave after a warm shower. Try a shaving brush to lather up and apply in circles.

Disregard the second link

This shits expensive as fuck. Degenerates love (to steal) it though.

I used to use Clear and Clear for years. I started using Shea Moisture African Black Soap and I think it would be GOAT if it werent for the fact that my skin dries easily and this does little to help and it also makes me clean the bathtub and sink more often. Other than that, my acne is gone.

witch hazel

how many blades on your razor? Or what brand of blade do you use if you use a safety?

Not sure about this but will ask anyway
Is there any link between masturbation and acne? I can sort of understand why masturbating would aggravate it (because of testosterone) but don't really have much information. I've been holding off for a few weeks and haven't noticed anything whatsoever, so it might also just be wrong.

Stop listening to Veeky Forums when it comes to physiology.

What can I do to get rid of forehead wrinkles?

I hate them :(

all of you just need to reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/wiki/beginners/

Veeky Forums is not the place for skincare

So there is no correlation?

It's much more complicated than the way they think it works. I think you'd be better off getting a full night's sleep and changing your pillow case regularly.

get a cleanser, moisturize after you shower/wash your face every single time, clean your pillowcase often, and most importantly stop touching your fucking face dummy

BHA twice a day? Isn't that too much?

I've always had huge pores, but they're clean... Biore strips, aloe, etc.

clean your face only two times a day exfoliate gently 2-3 times per week look for moisturizer and astringent lotion made for oily skin, and only shower with warm water or shower a few minutes with cold water before coming out

I keep getting this fat squishy lumps on the sides and back of my neck. I've tried cutting out dairy and washing the areas, but they keep coming back about once per month.

My GP keeps prescribing me antibiotics, which help, but they don't keep the problem from coming back. Should I go visit a dermatologist about it? Could it have anything to do with my oral hygiene? I brush twice per day, but I haven't had a check up done in about five years.

I used to have really bad acne (pizza face, freddy krueger kinda face) till i took accutane and I havent had a pimple in over a year. I dont even wash my face or change my pillow case anymore. If anybody is having acne, go to a dermatologist and ask for accutane. That shit should be option #1

After washing my face in the shower in the morning, over the course of the day my skin slowly becomes more oily. By 5 PM it's noticably shiny. What do?

I only use products that contain cancer causing elements

Mattifier and blotting pads.