Veeky Forums places to live

Veeky Forums places to live.

is Brooklyn effay?

what are some other Veeky Forums places to live?

no Brooklyn is not effay get out were sick of gentrifiers

>were sick of gentrifiers
Yes

why do people from NYC think they are so much better than everyone else and everyone in bk think they are better than everyone in the city?

whats the deal with you guys? is the shitty air down there getting to you?

>Goodgoodletthehateflowthroughyou.gif

It's not that we think we're better it's just everything is getting worse and worse as more new people move in. It's impossible to ignore. Everywhere I went as a kid is now a chipotle.

Also people who grew up in manhattan definitely think they're better than everyone else in the city can confirm.

Even the Nets are getting fucked.

You missed Brooklyn by several years. Everyone who went there to party now has two kids and shops at Whole Foods.

There are plenty of legit spots in BK if you know the right people and know where to look. My favorite part about living here is that if you feel like going out it doesn't matter what day of the week it is. You can find a place to party or just hang out until the early morning, any time of the week. Also, I didn't move here, I was born here.

>he actually lives in brooklyn

>he can't afford brooklyn

you're all faggots

>he doesn't want to pay $3000 a month for a glorified prison cell

lol

So he was right then. Thx for confirming.

Btw there is plenty of spacious living space in BK.

this, people from manhattan are elitist scumbags

and what town do you live in? I'm sure it's so much better

I don't know, I kinda like it. There's a fucking Dunken Donuts right next to my train stop now. Feels pretty good.

Rotterdam is fire

>like dunken dounts
pls, off yourself to clean the human bloodline.

|
|>
|

Brooklyn is Jew HQ.

>Wondering why people want to live in the fashion capital of the richest country in the world on a fashion imageboard
ABSOLUTELY WHEW

Yes goy just stay there fuck out of Manhattan

You know literally everyone everywhere thinks their neighborhood was better in the past? This is a scientifically documented phenomenon my man.

I don't know if you've actually been to NYC, but it's a major shithole unless you are the richest of the rich. It's not as bad as someplace like Philadelphia, but its relevance is the only redeeming factor.

thats why you need to get there and start networking!

kinda true of any major city though, right?

Basic rundown
>tokio gaijin with small but good apartment, part of an expat community
>rich western student living in a paris 19th century haussmann apartment falling apart
>jewish businessman/banker or economist in nyc or london (otherwise not worth it)
>boston tech worker

That's true, but also you can't deny gentrification in places like London and Brooklyn.

South London

what are you talking about? no where in that post is asking why someone would want to live there but rather why everyone that does is such a shit head about it

Yeah but some cities are pretty nice and have the benefits without the drawbacks.

>richest of the rich.

If we're being realistic here, this is not accurate. You can be just relatively well off and reap much of the benefits of living in BK. This includes enjoying nice neighborhoods like Park Slope, Boerum and Cobble Hill, Wburg, parts of Greenpoint. Then there is all the live music and nightlife that doesn't require being super rich to enjoy.

Also Prospect Park is a gem, and is free.

Yeah but for the most part gentrification means more jobs and less crime. If you want to "preserve" your culture open a museum ...

LA is unironically the most effay city in the US right now

I don't know, I'm still enjoying myself.

hp is

brooklyn has to be, without hyperbole, the LEAST fa place on the planet

id rather live in fucking idaho than brooklyn

Brooklyn is pretty sleepy and desu every time I go to NYC/Brooklyn its smells like absolute ass.
More specifically rotting garbage, because the city was invented without dumpsters or some shit.

my friend moved to bed-stuy and it seemed like shit

Immigration is the soul of america, fa m. Even trump said it, so it must be true

What about pittsburgh ? I'm a thirdworlder thinking about moving there. Or seattle.

>New York: If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere!

>Las Vegas: You won't make it here.

Please, hipsters. Move here and bleed money. As a show of our gratitude, we'll step over, instead of on, your body when you're a burn out lying on a walkway on The Strip.

How does Las Vegas even continue to exist in teh age of online gambling? Who the fuck goes for that type of kitschy vacation?

ANYWHERE with no non-whites or at the very least a low percent of non-whites compared to whites.

Tokyo, Prague, Budapest

The few Veeky Forums cities that retain an identity and aren't third world shitholes

Boomers, dudebros, and blacks and Mexicans vacationing on a budget.

People from all over the country move here hoping for work and cheap housing. People in poverty scrape together some moving money for one last throw of the dice, career bartenders and service staff come for the lifestyle, fuck ups and malcontents come here to start over, and for some god damn reason, we get hipsters. Lots of hipsters, mostly downtown. Unlike in Brooklyn and other eastern cities, they're not really pricing out the poor and working class (there's so much empty housing stock in Vegas, you've got Section 8 renters living in new, two story homes. No shit). So unlike the New Yorkers here, I personally encourage every suspender wearing, stick armed, bearded, ukulele playing Braiden and armpit haired, women studies major, caramel cappuccino slinging Ashlyn to come out to Fabulous Las Vegas and try your luck.

...West Virginia is Veeky Forums?

Is Cambridge, UK Veeky Forums or just boring academic dad-core?

Fuckin' England, man. Here in the states, if something was made before the '30s, it's a registered historical landmark. You guys live in 300 year old houses like it's just a normal fucking thing. Best insult I've seen one of you Limeys throw at a yank:
>"I have furniture older than your country."

Lol explain new york and LA then. Compare them to an all-white small county. All-white environments are always pale and quiet and grey and depressing. Colored people make them more colorful and lively

What is hp

Immigration refers to moving to a foreign country

Transplanting is the thing that he's talking about, that's moving from one city in a country to another, a.k.a. from a flyover state to NYC for its "relevancy". What a fucking awful reason to move anywhere.

I grew up there, now I'm at uni in Oxford

What do you want to know

the garbage system in nyc is god awful

I'm starting my PhD this year at Cam. I got assigned to some small college mostly for grad students. I'm a little afraid of a social side of my stay there, since as far as I understand, I won't make much friends at the college because everyone will be focused on their PhDs. Is there any life to live besides colleges there? Are there any Veeky Forums venues there? Do colleges integrate anyhow between each other? In that way maybe I could find some cool undergrads to stick with.

Firstly, if you want to do a PhD then forget being Veeky Forums - the only students who can/are are humanities, because they have enough time to go to events, plays, concerts, clubbing etc. Postgrads and most STEM are in their own worlds, focusing on careers, internships, 9am lectures (well done them, I imagine)

Also, don't expect much from a post-grad college - it'll be full of the aforementioned people, highly driven yet utterly boring. If you want to make an effort to be cultural and Veeky Forums, then go to poetry/literary seminars, go to plays, get involved in the ADC, go to the better kinds of pubs (Millpond and Maypole).

Colleges don't 'integrate', particularly, and MCRs tend not to interact with JCRs as well. Also, Cambridge is notoriously poor for clubbing, which is where you'll find anyone Veeky Forums there - my advice would be make friends with some cool undergrads, have fun, and get your PHD

I'll assume you're unfamiliar with Oxbridge - it's a very decent place to live if you're into an academic sort of life, but if you want to be Veeky Forums and edgy then only Bristol, Edinburgh, or London will really do it

not true as europe and the U.S. were both like 80-90% white in the last century and they were still lively

>North Brooklyn

God you sound like a fucking faggot. Go back to ohio please.

NYC is a major shithole.

Yeah it's true you can live in a nicer area but why build a nice home in a shithole.

Fuck off. I live in New York and it would be significantly better if half the colored people died overnight.

las vegas was fun as fuck but I can't imagine living there

do locals ever go to the strip? or is it like New Orleans where locals never go to the French Quarter?

im paying 650 for a huge as room lol

Spoken like a true New Yorker, you mick bastard. Go hit your wife.

My parents live there, it's actually super noce off the strip and locals get discounts and rewards in tons of places. Chinatown is cool as fuck and Vegas has the BEST good hands down, and shopping is also top-tier.

Sorry BEST FOOD***

> nearly 75% of Brooklyn was an inhabitable crime ridden shit hole. A few sections still are.

>white people come and kick out the niggers
turning it it nice

omg colored people add so much flair

Locals like to talk shit about the strip but always end up there anyway. I love the people watching. The Strip has its own accent. You take copious amounts of alcohol, talk over the crowd noise, and add this devil may care attitude. The vowels become elongated, diction gets sloppy, volume increases, you don't quite close all the way on words ending in hard consonants, and then punctuate sentences with monosyllabic exclamations. "Fuggin', less juss go ta Hakkasan then. WAAAH!" And now you're speaking Vegas.

I go to the strip less than most, because I don't work there. Until recently, I was a welfare social worker. It colored my whole perspective on this place. Maze like, cheaply made apartment complexes, shady weekly motels, and houses that were nice forty years ago with bars and security doors on them. That's what I think when I think Vegas. Pic related. If you end up in a Siegel Suites, something has gone horribly wrong in your life.

Excuse me I'm more than just Irish, I'm also Italian, German, and Polish.

So like most Americans, mixed European.

So what if a person just wants to live somewhere where it suits his kind of soul ? Like what if i'm a village kid who likes cities and be able to live in cities ? Please don't be against moving out. America is fine it's still the best country in the world.

Or as we in Europe call it, 'white'. You guys with youre fuggin fractions ancestry lol

America is getting more and more diverse and it's also getting more and more vibrant and bohemian and, just, look at hipster places and lifestyle there's no way it could happen without nonwhites. New york and casey neistat and indie scene is what makes me want to move there and as a thirdworlder i WILL move there. Literally the only reason that keep me alive (to work and save up for moving out). I've never had a happy youth and when i watch movies it just makes me want to have all that youth thing. Moving to NY is literally the only thought that excites me. Nothing else i want to do in life other than moving out living there surrounded by people with the same intellect as me. Here, i'm like the best, i'm probably the only one who knows Veeky Forums and idk, i deserve a better society. Better styled to suit the kind of person i am.

That was kinda my point, most Americans are so far detached from their European ancestry it's pointless calling them names that only their great great grandparents were called.

Nationalism is natural. It more natural for people to have a sense of collectiveness based on countries rather than race. Like "ay you're from ireland too ? Nice". No one's like "hm that guy is also white like me, i hope he's okay, i don't care if nonwhites are hurt though, as long as the white guy is okay". If you are like that, you have mental illness like communists. Believing deeply in unnatural stuffs like racial collectivism or "no profit no private properties" like come on, private property, profit, and competition is human nature, just like nationalism (NOT ethnic nationalism).

I've only seen one Cased Neistat video but I've lived in NYC my whole life and let me tell you it's not like in his videos. No one but him and others like him live that kind of life. I'm not saying you won't be happy living in a 1st world country but you aren't going to find what you're expecting.

Then move to Des Moines, Tulsa, St. Paul, Denver, or whatever your nearest metropolis is. You'll find lots of variety and excitement but with cultural similarities that you take for granted. If you jump straight from your village to the biggest city in the entire country, I promise you it will be overwhelming.

I went from a city of 30,000 in Oklahoma to Las Vegas metro area with its two million people. It has changed me, mostly for the worse. I'm a colder person than I used to be, don't greet people, don't make eye contact, I'm depressed, often homesick. It got to where I never left my house without my gun on. I don't have that gun anymore because I put it to my head. A relative took it while I work on therapy... I want my gun back. Fuck this city.

I'm digressing; point is had I jumped from my little home town to the NY-NJ-PA metro area of twenty million fucking people, I would've lost my god damned mind.

Look, i don't even like going out that much. But at least everywhere i go, i can relate to everyone else. I don't go out communicating with people here, i'm always in my room on the internet and all that hours i spent in american based medias like Veeky Forums or youtube etc etc. It makes sense that i have some sort of attachment to american culture more than my ethnic culture and being a nonwhite bathed in Veeky Forums, i lost the sensitivity of ethnic collectivism like i believe no one should feel that way to people of their own race.

There's only one culture, american culture

Guess what, I live in New York and I'm the same way. Moving here won't fix that problem, but daily life might be nicer depending on where you're coming from.

why would you purposely deprive yourself of nuance

>but daily life might be nicer

That's all i need tb h. I don't have any idea of 'a better life', i just want my routine soulless days to be nicer. Idk what i want in life except i nice looking/feeling daily routine. It's like constantly fixing and cleaning your lambo but never really drive it, that's all i'm passionate about, i'm not passionate about driving my lambo.

America is not like indonesia where different states have different traditional language, tribe, traditional attire, etc etc. From east to west, north to south, america is very homogeneous and like there's no different cultures only american culture. Everytime i watch people driving 300 miles away, the destination still looks like the same place.

gay pricks live there mate

highland park

spoken like a true flyover

Well shit, what an excellent point you made there. I completely take back everything I said.

>kys

>all these poor and untalented fags calling the greatest city on the planet a shithole

Even the dirtiest grimiest blackest neighborhoods in Brooklyn and Manhattan can be walked through at night if you are white and in a group. Plus these areas are only a fraction of what they were in the 90s.

so you're sick of people improving your living conditions?

confirmed for never having lived in or even visited new york
if brooklyn was just italians irish and poles (jews don't count) it might not have been such a dump until the gentrification

> any American city
>Veeky Forums
fuck off Americuck

so basically mongrel like every Americans

>Hurr Hurr
Hop off, dude

Savannah, GA

O B S E S S E D

Montréal

Lovely.

Texas seems like the most Veeky Forums state in the US and the one I'd like live in.

t. Finn who's never been to Burgerland

I'm a thirdworlder but i come from a nonbarbaric country and i was born in a pretty rich family so i'm superior to those second class mongrels like africans

Philly Is becoming pretty effay. Nowhere near as expensive as NYC or Boston either

Drove through WV and Eastern Kentucky last summer. Most depressing places I've ever been to, seriously Subsaharan-AfricaCore